• 2 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, tidaldreams said:

isnt it 4th print?

1. TM

2. 5 screw, R, no rev-A

3. 3 screw, R, no rev-A

4. rev-A

oh well, who's really counting, certainly not those "investors" 😂

It's actually most likely the sixth variant box. It could be anywhere between 4th-6th variant based on only the front of the box but the 6th variant is far more common than the rest. Even looking at the back of the box we couldn't differentiate between the 5th and 6th variants because the only difference is on the box flaps that are sealed away. 

Also I should mention this is only talking about box variants. If you include things like how many screws in the cart, you also have to include things like the TM manual variant. So the three no rev-A box variants are NES TM, NES R old screenshot, and NES R new screenshot. 

But really none of this matters as the one that sold for $870k was a third box variant anyway. 

• Like 2
  • Wow! 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, inasuma said:

Acrylic ftw. Back two are CIB and rest are sealed. Figure since I won’t be grading for the foreseeable future I can at least play up the display. 

E29C70E3-8D6C-455E-9F53-B731ED14064B.jpeg

Very nice! Graded or not, it is fun to see them displayed this way. 🙂

And TBH, it might be the opposite for me this year. I still like how CAS cased my copy of Dragon Quest VII, and hope to have them do it again (sans the previous issue) for the rest. 😅

• Like 2

9 hours ago, iLikePssys said:

where did you get those cases?

videogameboxdefender.com - great cases. highly recommend!

8 hours ago, FenrirZero said:

Very nice! Graded or not, it is fun to see them displayed this way. 🙂

And TBH, it might be the opposite for me this year. I still like how CAS cased my copy of Dragon Quest VII, and hope to have them do it again (sans the previous issue) for the rest. 😅

i agree! i have a good number of games that i probably won't ever grade (including the Metroid and Rockman & Forte) so acrylic cases are perfect for me. I'm glad CAS is working out for you!

• Thanks 1

On 1/12/2022 at 9:33 AM, inasuma said:

I'm glad CAS is working out for you!

They are mixed. My three submissions had me love one or two things, but not be happy with something else. And with the fact they doubled their '7 day' turnaround price, I am thinking that I should reconsider using VGA when their processing times are once again manageable. 😅

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...