IGNORED

Sealed Games, Show Them Off!

Justin

Administrator · Posted

It's not a first release, it's not gem mint, and it's not a black box Carolamabam Collection Wata 9.5 A++ Left stepbro what are you doing. 

But it's mine and it's sealed and its the only game I actually intend to keep that way as the game itself means a lot to me. 

Yes I have a regular ol CIB for playing, too. 

PXL_20210519_022554935.jpg

• Like 10
  • Love 1

23 hours ago, Gloves said:

It's not a first release, it's not gem mint, and it's not a black box Carolamabam Collection Wata 9.5 A++ Left stepbro what are you doing. 

But it's mine and it's sealed and its the only game I actually intend to keep that way as the game itself means a lot to me. 

Yes I have a regular ol CIB for playing, too. 

PXL_20210519_022554935.jpg

Haha nice. The First FFL is very nostalgic to me, along with Final Fantasy Adventure. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

OK so maybe I got sucked into this sealed thing a bit...this wasn't cheap but I'm super happy to have it:

lg6sealedfront-small.thumb.jpg.4d89243deb8974d57f5d38a6f0da60b1.jpg

lg6sealedback-small.thumb.jpg.b6538b95b7ba95c218ca8c4e8631da78.jpg

followers of my Pokemon nerdery will recognize this is the uncommon "PLAYS ON DS*" print from 2007. I've seen 6 copies of that print (3 sealed) and now I own two of them 😛 It's in super fantastic shape, too. Just one very tiny bump to the front bottom middle, aside from that it seems perfect.

I've got another cool sealed GBA thing in the mail ATM as well...:D

Edited by AdamW
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, AdamW said:

OK so maybe I got sucked into this sealed thing a bit...this wasn't cheap but I'm super happy to have it:

lg6sealedfront-small.thumb.jpg.4d89243deb8974d57f5d38a6f0da60b1.jpg

lg6sealedback-small.thumb.jpg.b6538b95b7ba95c218ca8c4e8631da78.jpg

followers of my Pokemon nerdery will recognize this is the uncommon "PLAYS ON DS*" print from 2007. I've seen 7 copies of that print (3 sealed) and now I own two of them 😛 It's in super fantastic shape, too. Just one very tiny bump to the front bottom middle, aside from that it seems perfect.

I've got another cool sealed GBA thing in the mail ATM as well...:D

I sense a high grade if you send it into wata. But otherwise this is such a great pickup. Congrats!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Mijael said:

Not in the best shape but i belong now to the "Mortal Kombat Sealed  Klan"

SquareGrid_20210624_22200962.thumb.jpg.03cd843af465e3c186a88ea1ef1df12d.jpg

SquareGrid_20210624_22213525.thumb.jpg.76c09d491e56631b5c80f05bf69ad6cd.jpg

Fantastic! Absolutly love MK

Mortal Kombat took all my schooltime, we played on megadrive/genesis because the Snes version didn't have blood here in PAL land. 

• Like 1

I was excited to at least post pictures of my one and only Wata order, but the games look like they got blasted by sand on the front. There’s visible dirt and particulate on the inner and outer cases. It would seem paying for cleaning was futile. That’s whatever because I really only wanted the protection. But now they’re possibly damaged!

Has anyone else experienced this sand like, petechiae like, damaged like appearance of the seal on their games only after Wata grades them? It really does look bad. 

• Wow! 1
  • Sad 3

2 hours ago, broncofantd793 said:

I was excited to at least post pictures of my one and only Wata order, but the games look like they got blasted by sand on the front. There’s visible dirt and particulate on the inner and outer cases. It would seem paying for cleaning was futile. That’s whatever because I really only wanted the protection. But now they’re possibly damaged!

Has anyone else experienced this sand like, petechiae like, damaged like appearance of the seal on their games only after Wata grades them? It really does look bad. 

I haven't experienced this, but have quite a few that the glue they use on the bottom seemed to seep out and they wiped it off. The plastic is a little cloudy where it was wiped, very similar to what super glue does to plastic. I also hate the bubbles in the glue on the bottom. 

3 hours ago, broncofantd793 said:

Would you mind sharing pictures?

That really is a bummer. Worst I've experienced is that there are bubbles in the plastic lips, both top and bottom, where the case was heat pressed or something. It isn't sightly but I couldn't imagine having a case like you say.

5 hours ago, broncofantd793 said:

It's probably on the case. I get some cases with fingerprints, cloudiness, etc. Supposedly they will fix them if you reach out but I don't think any case will come back 100% perfect. 

6 hours ago, broncofantd793 said:

Sorry that something like this happened to you! 😵 Stuff like this is why I am sticking with CAS, while having VGA be my potential backup. Both do custom cases on-site, with CAS only doing the label on the inside of the case. Which I prefer because I also do it for the protection. But yeah... Stuff like that makes my anxiety go crazy. 😵

On 6/25/2021 at 2:08 AM, Awoken said:

Fantastic! Absolutly love MK

Mortal Kombat took all my schooltime, we played on megadrive/genesis because the Snes version didn't have blood here in PAL land. 

The snes didn't have blood in MK1 in the US either. I remember everyone saying snes sucked compared to Genesis solely based on that criteria.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, broncofantd793 said:

I had a game come back and the inside of the case had noticeable scratches everywhere. It was and still is frustrating to look at. Sure, I could send it back to have it "fixed", but:

1) I should not have to do that, they know exactly what they are shipping to me and shipped it anyway

2) they already had my games for 2 f@#&*&# years, why the holy hell would I ever want to send them back to them again?!

11 hours ago, inasuma said:

Would you mind sharing pictures?

That really is a bummer. Worst I've experienced is that there are bubbles in the plastic lips, both top and bottom, where the case was heat pressed or something. It isn't sightly but I couldn't imagine having a case like you say.

It is pretty difficult to see on my only camera (iPhone), but it is definitely noticeable in person. It’s like grains of sand were blown into the wrap, making small dents. Between the wings on the red is the only place I can get it to show on camera. The overall size of this is about a 2.5 in x 3 inch area. 

AFC1E513-0A83-4793-883F-CD063C0EA900.jpeg

E3E0D343-6841-4D98-9BE4-74F46997D2A9.jpeg

Edited by broncofantd793
2 typos
  • Wow! 1

6 hours ago, Gulag Joe said:

The snes didn't have blood in MK1 in the US either. I remember everyone saying snes sucked compared to Genesis solely based on that criteria.

We were saying the exact same thing, being 11 years old in 1992 and thinking we were pretty tough that was a rock solid argument 😄

• Haha 1