IGNORED

Sealed Games, Show Them Off!

Justin

Rbi baseball licensed and unlicensed sealed.     I would like to get these graded.    But most likely the only ones to do this to.   

lower shelf games are all sealed or unopened up to the sachen games.     Nothing too spectacular.   I do have doubles that are opened so i leave these alone for now.  

20253E18-E4C1-42E8-899D-2E2C7665C1C3.jpeg

C0B5265A-0B7B-4A7D-B24A-7AF7B40C61D4.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Wow! 1

Adam, I am looking for a couple Famicom games and I'm wondering if you have a vendor in Japan you trust and can recommend? If you don't want to share that's okay, I just thought I'd ask. I just got Image Fight and ordered some CGC vertical Famicom cases, and now I want Over Horizon and Crisis Force but can't seem to find anything at reasonable prices.

1 hour ago, RETRO said:

Adam, I am looking for a couple Famicom games and I'm wondering if you have a vendor in Japan you trust and can recommend? If you don't want to share that's okay, I just thought I'd ask. I just got Image Fight and ordered some CGC vertical Famicom cases, and now I want Over Horizon and Crisis Force but can't seem to find anything at reasonable prices.

Not really, there are more experienced folks than me on the forum, I think - maybe ask @Shmup? I buy off YAJ and Mercari via buyee/zenmarket, I only buy things specifically listed as "unopened" from sellers with good feedback (I specifically look out for negative feedback saying an "unopened" item was opened), and with at least decent pictures. There are some sellers I specifically avoid, I don't trust starplatinum0119, I'm a bit dubious about carseat539, I'm kinda on the fence about tskdv09048  - they have some tempting stuff and a lot of good feedback, but some worrying feedback too. Other people might have their own lists of good/bad sellers, heh.

With any unsealed game you're still always running a risk that it might have been opened, that is just a chance you kinda have to take, honestly. If I got one like that I'd probably just take the L rather than go through the hassle of trying to return it through a proxy, unless it was real expensive. I did get an "unopened" Pokemon Red back in January that's clearly been opened, but fortunately at that time it was only like $80 so not a big deal 😄

The hinges on all of these ones look pretty good to me, happily. I may send them in to VGA at some point, I never graded anything yet but for the specific case of getting some kind of 'authentication' that they're unopened it seems maybe worthwhile.

If you're buying cart-only / CIB I'd just look out for high feedback and good prices, honestly. I haven't had any problems with those kinda purchases myself. It's definitely worth learning how to search sold listings on YAJ to get an idea of reasonable prices.

Edited by AdamW
more details
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RETRO said:

It’s all about connecting with people in Japan. My source came from winning a few well priced eBay auctions. We got to chatting and do everything privately now.

Yahoo Japan still does have great deals though. You’ll have to use one of those third party buyers though.

If you’re looking for N64 stuff @OptOutis your man for Japanese stuff. Best prices you can get honestly.

• Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, tidaldreams said:

Are those street fighters Made in Japan? If so, you struck gold!

I’ll have to check them when next time I get back to my storage room. I bought them 4-5 years ago and purchased them for display purposes, not knowing much about the variants back then. Do you have some idea of the price differences between the variants?

18 minutes ago, GPX said:

I’ll have to check them when next time I get back to my storage room. I bought them 4-5 years ago and purchased them for display purposes, not knowing much about the variants back then. Do you have some idea of the price differences between the variants?

SFII had a majesco reprint, which is pretty much garbage, not sure about SSFII. If SFII is the MiJ version, it's in the 5 figures for sure. 

I think SSFII is rarer, but who knows what people are thinking in this market. But I wouldn't sell that for less than 5 figures either.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...