IGNORED

Sealed Games, Show Them Off!

Justin

I think I'll try my hand at posting some sealed collection pieces, since they aren't really doing a whole lot where they are right now. I spent a large period of my 20s and a good chunk of my 30s, to put it mildly, overbuying, what with being in the quick vicinity of at the time barely shopped at FYEs, Sears, Gamestops, Circuit City and, oddly enough for games, Ritz Camera..,up until they all shuttered up and closed down. 

Most of these I am the original buyer for, and for those that I was not, I got them from the original buyer. I'm contemplating getting some of these graded when its more accessible to do so again. Truth be told, it might be about time to start thinning this herd, especially as quite a few of these I have either an additional opened and complete copy of or duplicate sealed copies as well.

Notes on some of the items:
All the games that had hang tabs still have them unremoved and unused on the back

Literally Every store I bought these from is now gone.
Sears was a goddamn GOLDMINE
This specific copy of Teen Titans was found at, of all places, a local pharmacy

20210710_223436.jpg

20210710_223246.jpg

20210710_224008.jpg

20210710_222953.jpg

20210710_223534.jpg

20210710_223842.jpg

20210710_223700.jpg

Edited by WarMech
Removed Heavy Shreddin because I sold it.
  • Like 5
  • Wow! 2
  • Love 2

6 minutes ago, WarMech said:

I think I'll try my hand at posting some sealed collection pieces, since they aren't really doing a whole lot where they are right now. I spent a large period of my 20s and a good chunk of my 30s, to put it mildly, overbuying, what with being in the quick vicinity of at the time barely shopped at FYEs, Sears, Gamestops, Circuit City and, oddly enough for games, Ritz Camera..,up until they all shuttered up and closed down. 

Most of these I am the original buyer for, and for those that I was not, I got them from the original buyer. I'm contemplating getting some of these graded when its more accessible to do so again. Truth be told, it might be about time to start thinning this herd, especially as quite a few of these I have either an additional opened and complete copy of or duplicate sealed copies as well.

Heavy Shreddin has a significant back crease
All the games that had hang tabs still have them unremoved and unused on the back

20210710_223806.jpg

20210710_223436.jpg

20210710_223246.jpg

20210710_224008.jpg

20210710_222953.jpg

20210710_223534.jpg

20210710_223842.jpg

20210710_223700.jpg

You got some pretty nice stuff, but you I would caution you about grading if you haven't done so before. As general rule of thumb and assuming you're looking to sell, you should only grade what you think will receive a high score. Sometimes, receiving a low score can hurt your chances at getting market value or even selling your item at all. Best advice I can give you is to take it slow, and grade a few items to test how it works first. Also keep in mind, grading is very expensive and expect to pay at least $100 per game. Backlog is also very high right now, and expect to wait at least 3-6 months to receive anything back from Wata or VGA.

Now, in terms of financial value, at the moment I would say you GBA and gamecube titles are hot, the Zelda 4 swords is a good title but it does look to be pretty worn which will hurt its value. Metroid Prime is another good one especially if it's made in Japan first print (look for 000000 on the back, any 1s or other numbers and it's 2nd or third print). Chibi Robo has been climbing but has fallen recently. MGS3 and Dragon Warrior VII are decent titles that have a lot of demand, and should fetch a fair amount. Xbox titles are not too hot, best of the bunch you have is PD Orta and Lost Odyssey, but you should hold on to those until they're more appreciated. Don't know much about the NES title, someone else can help you with that. 

Honestly were I to start grading, I was probably going to just start with two titles and go from there - RE Gaiden and either Chibi Robo, one of the New Vegas CEs (probably PS3 between the two) or Metroid Prime. I also need to analyze the pros and cons to both Wata and VGA to see where I go, or if I send one to each.

Edit: And I just rechecked Metroid Prime and I see a 00000, so first print.

Edited by WarMech
  • Wow! 1

25 minutes ago, WarMech said:

Honestly were I to start grading, I was probably going to just start with two titles and go from there - RE Gaiden and either Chibi Robo, one of the New Vegas CEs (probably PS3 between the two) or Metroid Prime. I also need to analyze the pros and cons to both Wata and VGA to see where I go, or if I send one to each.

Edit: And I just rechecked Metroid Prime and I see a 00000, so first print.

I personally recommend VGA and CAS for grading. Both use their version of the same grading system, and both get high marks when an actual product is graded. With the difference is that CAS does a sub-grade as opposed to calling it Mint, etc. And you have to go through a process if they did not grade it and you wanted to upgrade the acrylic. Double if you want them to place the label above the game, as CAS displays it inside the case.

Plus both have in-house acrylic case production, where as Wata does not. Which basically means you have more options with both when it comes to games (size, etc.), along with the fact that neither have been reported to have done bad QC with the stuff they have graded these days. Where as Wata... Yeah, I will not go there. Especially since the added monetary value is tied to the same type of hype AFA still(??) tends to get these days. 🤔

12 hours ago, WarMech said:

Heavy Shreddin has a significant back crease

20210710_223806.jpg

20210710_223436.jpg

20210710_223246.jpg

20210710_224008.jpg

20210710_222953.jpg

20210710_223534.jpg

20210710_223842.jpg

20210710_223700.jpg

you've got quite the selection! especially mega man, zelda, and the chain of memories. excellent choices!

13 hours ago, FenrirZero said:

I personally recommend VGA and CAS for grading. Both use their version of the same grading system, and both get high marks when an actual product is graded. With the difference is that CAS does a sub-grade as opposed to calling it Mint, etc. And you have to go through a process if they did not grade it and you wanted to upgrade the acrylic. Double if you want them to place the label above the game, as CAS displays it inside the case.

Plus both have in-house acrylic case production, where as Wata does not. Which basically means you have more options with both when it comes to games (size, etc.), along with the fact that neither have been reported to have done bad QC with the stuff they have graded these days. Where as Wata... Yeah, I will not go there. Especially since the added monetary value is tied to the same type of hype AFA still(??) tends to get these days. 🤔

WTF is CAS?

1 hour ago, AdamW said:

A grading service @FenrirZero
never stops talking about and no-one else ever mentions.

Well forgive me for having actual standards for the sake of trying to stay sane here! 😜

But seriously... Ross Barr (Principal) told me that CAS was grading games less than a year before I submitted two. With one I am debating how to handle once I get them back.

43 minutes ago, tidaldreams said:

Got a "website blocked due to trojan" from Malwarebytes when I click on that link.

That has been a thing ever since they redid their website. Before I replaced my last PC I ended up clicking the option that allowed me to see the site. 😩 So if it helps, here is their email address: info@collectorarchive.com

1 hour ago, tidaldreams said:

Nah VGA has had https for a while. Not sure why the other one gives a trojan message and I don't really want to find out.

image.png.06832c1160660b6c28feb52d0aaedf2e.png

Weird. Firefox tells me vga is unencrypted so idk. Either way CAS is fine. Just bad security I guess. Their website design would have exposed their poor technical skills had the Trojan warning not been there anyway 😂 

Edited by inasuma
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, WarMech said:

Had to move some of my boxes of my collection today and though that I would do a little digging inside for sealed stuff. I still have more I can dig through, but some of the stuff I'm finding...

Also, my cat sheds wayyy too much.

20210724_000522.jpg

20210724_000111.jpg

20210723_235635.jpg

20210723_235501.jpg

20210724_001136.jpg

20210723_235857.jpg

20210723_235344.jpg

Needs more mega man 😄

15 hours ago, WarMech said:

Had to move some of my boxes of my collection today and though that I would do a little digging inside for sealed stuff. I still have more I can dig through, but some of the stuff I'm finding...

Also, my cat sheds wayyy too much.

20210723_235501.jpg

Anyone know if VGA grades these DS games with weird looking seals? I have a few of these but never bothered to send them because of the weird seal.