IGNORED

Sealed Games, Show Them Off!

Justin

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, BlackVega said:

I also bought a brand new MS-DOS 6.22 from some warehouse cleanout for like 10$ around 10 years ago. Disk 1 stopped working when I recently checked it......

Yeah, this one has been hanging around in my parents basement for god knows how long. Guess my Secret Santa is going to get something extra special this year. 😂

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not really 100% back. So you can blame my time in Japan for what I am about to show you.

Zelda1-35.jpg.274ca24b47472ab02031fc53721c927b.jpg

Breath of the Wild + Expansion Pass was my first Nintendo Tokyo purchase. At the time I wanted to avoid getting back into the idea of collecting video games. But I figured that I should get this one since it is never cheap online.

Both Breath of the Wild (JPN-2 variant) and Tears of the Kingdom were purchased when I chose to return to Nintendo Tokyo when it was not a holiday. They were purchased as an excuse to "complete the set".

Dreaming Island/Link's Awakening was both a surprise find and my last sealed game bought in Japan. I found it at a BicCamera store after I had lunch at the Shin-Yokohama Ramen Museum. It's a "buy back" copy.

Zelda-4.jpg.9f963c1bc59c55936dc2ebde44242e9f.jpg

This Game & Watch: The Legend of Zelda was both a surprise find and my second-to-last game that I had bought in Japan. In this case I found out that Toys"R"Us in Odaiba had one left so I decided to buy it.

DQ913.jpg.b43f10e849a43f435eab0d8eb76f7876.jpg

According to the eBay seller, he had purchase this copy of Dragon Quest VI from an import game seller when it was new. He also left the seller's shrink wrap on it, with the price tag saying $29.99. I ended up getting it for $19.99 (plus tax and shipping)! With this game being one I plan to get graded ASAP (for multiple reasons). 🙂

Nintendo3.jpg.d35f529692286c81584094df730441cf.jpg

And to expand my Zelda collection (atop of this currently being my favorite console of all time), I caved and bought this. In a way if covers 50% of what I want in terms of the older Zelda games (and much more).

• Like 2
  • Wow! 2
  • Love 1

Well... I went from the idea that I wanted to build a sealed "Switch only" collection to buying Dragon Quest VI (because it was my favorite in the main series) to me completing the Tenku (Zenithia) trilogy. With me only getting the versions of each game I wanted, and me making sure I got the print variant I wanted as well. 😅

With me also getting a game that was on my "grail" list but always missed out on each time I had the money. 😁

DQ14-16.jpg.1d79d89ec9c55c4a9548739340f518ae.jpg

• Like 2