IGNORED

Disney Plus is Here!

doner24

43 minutes ago, doner24 said:

What are you guys binge watching on Disney??? I’m gonna dive into some of the old Mickey shorts, watch some Rescue Rangers and probably finish with watching Swiss Family Robinson with my gal tonight! 

My main question is, does this service contain the old "Wonderful World of Color" back catalog.  I'm talking about stuff like Davey Crockett.  Also, OG Herbie, Apple Dumpling Gang, other older films that are "forgotten" because the cartoons make older Disney films fade into oblivion.

I'd rather not pick up another streaming service and I know that a lot of people are probably more interested in new IP but, for me, I'm more interested in the old back catalog that I grew up on when we'd VCR tape everything from the Disney Preview Weekends.

Moderator · Posted
1 minute ago, RH said:

My main question is, does this service contain the old "Wonderful World of Color" back catalog.  I'm talking about stuff like Davey Crockett.  Also, OG Herbie, Apple Dumpling Gang, other older films that are "forgotten" because the cartoons make older Disney films fade into oblivion.

I'd rather not pick up another streaming service and I know that a lot of people are probably more interested in new IP but, for me, I'm more interested in the old back catalog that I grew up on when we'd VCR tape everything from the Disney Preview Weekends.

It has all the ones you listed available now plus many more. Not all of them though. 

Just finished The Mandalorian and loved it! Can't wait to see the rest. I feel pretty spoiled with most shows coming out all at once these days, but I'm glad it's being spaced out so I can look forward to a new one each week.

I was at Star Wars Celebration this year and they showed a maybe 10 minute sneak preview of The Mandalorian. It was pretty similar to the middle of this episode, with just a few changes from what I can remember.

Man, My gf is off work today and home with our kiddo. She was looking through all of the different content categories while I was getting ready for work. I noticed that the OG X-Men series is on there as well as the classic Disney Afternoon series (Rescue Rangers, Darkwing Duck, etc).

As long as they keep ALL of this content available, I think I'll really enjoy it. I just hope they don't trim a bunch of stuff after the initial launch and make you wait for certain things as they come/go in cycles.

Also, really jealous that she's been home with the kid all day watching who knows what. lol

1 hour ago, MuNKeY said:

Just signed up, may give me a good reason to axe off Netflix as I never use it anyway just have it for the boy and its limited to only kids stuff. looks like some good stuff on there so far.

My wife and I subscribe to Netflix for just one month a year and that's to watch Stranger Things and get caught up on The Crown. We get Hulu for about $4 through Spotify, and we buy so much through Amazon, Prime Video is just a freebie with the service.

I think we could swing this, especially with all of the good content I'm hearing about.

Anywho, anyone tried to use the service yet? Supposedly Disney is claiming the service has done better than their high expectations and the service is timing out for many users.  Sounds bad but that's just growing pains they can quickly scale beyond... hopefully.

If not, they need to get @Gloveson that, stat!

Moderator · Posted
4 minutes ago, RH said:

My wife and I subscribe to Netflix for just one month a year and that's to watch Stranger Things and get caught up on The Crown. We get Hulu for about $4 through Spotify, and we buy so much through Amazon, Prime Video is just a freebie with the service.

I think we could swing this, especially with all of the good content I'm hearing about.

Anywho, anyone tried to use the service yet? Supposedly Disney is claiming the service has done better than their high expectations and the service is timing out for many users.  Sounds bad but that's just growing pains they can quickly scale beyond... hopefully.

I haven’t had an issue streaming anything the last 4 hours. I think most of the problems were earlier this morning. My only complaint is they need to add a recently watched tab on the home page. 

Administrator · Posted
4 minutes ago, RH said:

Lol what do I look like, a systems architect? 

Oh wait... 

Moderator · Posted
35 minutes ago, Darth Vader said:

Took advantage of the Verizon deal. Nice selection to start. 

Watched the first episode of The Mandalorian and I am super psyched about it. It was excellent. Also, just finished watching The Sword in the Stone. One of my childhood favs!

That movie is so damn good. Probably my second favorite Disney flick after Robin Hood.