IGNORED

Disney Plus is Here!

doner24

20 minutes ago, OptOut said:

One year later, Disney + is FINALLY available here in Taiwan!!! 🥳

Just signed up for a 12 month subscription, time to binge-watch every episode of the Simpsons. 😎

Oh shit I stand corrected... TWO bloody years later, sheesh!!!

I had no idea the time had gone that quickly damn, lol! 😵

My point about the Simpsons stands, however! 😅

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, OptOut said:

One year later, Disney + is FINALLY available here in Taiwan!!! 🥳

Just signed up for a 12 month subscription, time to binge-watch every episode of the Simpsons. 😎

WandaVision and Loki are solid if you're looking for some new stuff, but I'd recommend skipping Falcon and Winter Soldier. My family also loved Soul if you haven't seen that yet.

• Thanks 1

That new-ish Marvel movie, totally forget the name the one with the rings I think is open for anyone to watch today, no premium price like some theater releases had.

Also just a heads up, they setup season 2 for the Mighty Ducks --- and fired the lead of the entire show, Estevez, because of some bs about the vaccine, union rule, his people there people etc and all that.  That show is dead now, not watching it, he's the entire backbone of it binding it to the original.

Edited by Tanooki

2 hours ago, DoctorEncore said:

WandaVision and Loki are solid if you're looking for some new stuff, but I'd recommend skipping Falcon and Winter Soldier. My family also loved Soul if you haven't seen that yet.

I'd argue that Falcon and Winter Soldier is just as solid as the other two, they're just extensions of the Captain America portion of the MCU versus the Thor or more mystical portions.  I know some folks whined about the bit of social commentary that's contained within it, but honestly it's nothing that Cap wouldn't have said himself if they'd kept him in the MCU (and along the lines of what he has said time and again throughout his history in the comics).  If folks loved the Winter Soldier movie and liked the bit of interaction between Falcon and Bucky already shown in the MCU, then they'd be truly missing out to not watch the show.

13 minutes ago, darkchylde28 said:

I'd argue that Falcon and Winter Soldier is just as solid as the other two, they're just extensions of the Captain America portion of the MCU versus the Thor or more mystical portions.  I know some folks whined about the bit of social commentary that's contained within it, but honestly it's nothing that Cap wouldn't have said himself if they'd kept him in the MCU (and along the lines of what he has said time and again throughout his history in the comics).  If folks loved the Winter Soldier movie and liked the bit of interaction between Falcon and Bucky already shown in the MCU, then they'd be truly missing out to not watch the show.

I liked the social commentary, but felt Isaiah Bradley's character was shamefully under-developed. Definitely a missed opportunity for a big show to actually say something relevant.

My biggest beef was with just how generic everything felt. From the bland plot to the boring bad guys to the cringeworthy "buddy cop" moments, the show felt extremely underbaked. It felt directionless and pointless to me in a way that even the worst MCU movies don't. I'm glad you enjoyed it, but I wish I had those 6 hours of my life back.

1 hour ago, DoctorEncore said:

90s X-Men is coming back! Woohoo! Definitely one of my all-time favorite cartoons.

https://collider.com/-x-men-animated-series-sequel-97-disney-plus/

Speaking of underbaked, directionless, and pointless...  (To someone who grew up reading the comics, anyway...)  😉

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, darkchylde28 said:

People bitched about social commentary in media?! I am shocked, SHOCKED! 🤣

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, OptOut said:

People bitched about social commentary in media?! I am shocked, SHOCKED! 🤣

Yeah, everybody was onboard for the most part until...

Spoiler

Falcon took on the mantle of Captain America.

Steve will always be my main man as far as characters I enjoy, but there's absolutely zero wrong with this series.  Anybody who dislikes it apparently dislikes all the Captain America movies too, as they follow most of the same beats.

• Wow! 1

3 minutes ago, darkchylde28 said:

Yeah, everybody was onboard for the most part until...

Reveal hidden contents

Falcon took on the mantle of Captain America.

Steve will always be my main man as far as characters I enjoy, but there's absolutely zero wrong with this series.  Anybody who dislikes it apparently dislikes all the Captain America movies too, as they follow most of the same beats.

Oh I really like the Captain America movies, so yeah sounds like I'll get a kick out of it, thanks! 🙂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OptOut said:

Oh I really like the Captain America movies, so yeah sounds like I'll get a kick out of it, thanks! 🙂

No problem!  DocEncore was right about one character not being given enough screen time based on how interesting a character he is, but, the name of the show was Falcon and the Winter Soldier, so they really couldn't devote a couple of episodes to a great side character without unnecessarily derailing the plot.  And hey, we got dancing Zemo out of it (I'm sure everyone's seen the meme by now), so how could that be bad?  😉

• Like 1

I subscribed to Disney+ ten months ago in January. Watched the Lady and the Tramp remake and wasn't too impressed. I knew it wouldn't be as good as the original, but some of the changes were poor. Why is Jock female now? And he/she is kind of annoying compared to the original character. It's not terrible and I already knew before I watched it that it wouldn't be as good as the original (wasn't expecting it to be), but it was mediocre at best.

I watched both Mickey's Once Upon a Christmas and Mickey's Twice Upon a Christmas. I've seen the first one many times over the years and think it still holds up, but I hadn't seen the second one. It's a bit unfortunate that, aside from some cameos, this is Max Goof's last appearance in a movie/show. It's still a good movie, I just miss the character.

While the original Little Mermaid remains one of my favorite Disney movies, I hadn't seen the sequel and prequel before so I decided to watch them. I wasn't missing much. One of the most disappointing things about them, in my opinion, were the villains. Marina Del Rey in particular is a joke compared to Ursula. I didn't completely hate the movies, though, and liked that some of the actors from the original voiced their characters in the sequel and prequel as well.

I kept my subscription until April, and watched The Mighty Ducks: Game Changers. After that, I canceled my subscription because I didn't know what else to watch. I already have a ton of the Disney movies and shows I care about on DVD and Blu-Ray and even still have several VHS tapes from my childhood. However, I just subscribed again (for 2 bucks, why not?) and plan on watching some of the newer content. I'm going to watch Jungle Cruise tonight, and maybe I'll check out Raya and the Last Dragon sometime.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, fox said:

Heard good things about Jungle Cruise.  Is that available already? Though it was still in theaters.

It came out on Friday to all subscribers. I watchted it with the kids, it ties the ride to the movie in the first 5 minutes, then goes off on an Indiana Jones style adventure. It's worth a watch.

• Thanks 1