IGNORED

What’s worse? McDonalds or cigarettes?

phart010

What’s worse? McDonalds or cigarettes   

47 members have voted

1. 1. What’s worse? McDonalds or cigarettes

• McDonalds is worse
    • Cigarettes are worse

Well McDonalds ranges from all-out vegetables to all-out fried meat. But i assume you mean something in between, like any of the burgers.

I'd say cigarettes are worse regardless. By comparing ingredient vs. cigarette or all of the vs. a pack. Altough I'm not a doctor or nutritionist but yeah, i'd be pretty confident that that is the case.

In the US, the leading cause of death is heart disease. While nicotine can cause heart issues, most of the deaths from heart disease are from plaque build up aka eating fatty foods.

The next leading cause of death is cancer and lung cancer has the highest mortality rate of all cancers. But with all the preservatives in McDonald's food as a whole it's not unreasonable to think it has more of a contribution to cancer than other options, like just making your own burger and fries. 

However I think it's an obesity vs not. If you're fit and eat McDonald's once in awhile you'll be completely fine and if you're fit and smoke a cigarette here and there you'll also be completely fine. Obesity raise the probability of dying, period. The CDC cites that obesity contributes to mental disorders like depression and anxiety. Obesity is a contributing factor to a stunning amount of other illnesses and conditions; it's insane. 

As someone who consistently toes the line of the upper weight limit for my height exercises the absolute bare minimum per week, giving up nicotine was an absolute breeze compared to maintaining a healthy weight. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

12 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

A talking camel said so and that's good enough for me.

DIakJwvVYAAdKUy.jpg

I don't recall that Camel ever talking.  Can you imagine the outrage and pearl clutching we'd hear from Joe Liebermann and Tipper Gore, especially with the GA(!!!) rating??  Why we'd have to give them the smelling salts! 😄 

At the time I did think it was rather ridiculous though the huge fuss they made over Joe Camel...seriously, you smokers out there...how many of you actually took it up primarily because you saw some cartoon camel on a billboard smoking? 😛 

42 minutes ago, Estil said:

I don't recall that Camel ever talking.  Can you imagine the outrage and pearl clutching we'd hear from Joe Liebermann and Tipper Gore, especially with the GA(!!!) rating??  Why we'd have to give them the smelling salts! 😄 

At the time I did think it was rather ridiculous though the huge fuss they made over Joe Camel...seriously, you smokers out there...how many of you actually took it up primarily because you saw some cartoon camel on a billboard smoking? 😛 

The real question is how many people took up drinking Budweiser because of Spuds Mackenzie? Now there was a real party animal!

1 hour ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

The real question is how many people took up drinking Budweiser because of Spuds Mackenzie? Now there was a real party animal!

Of course I'm sure he and all the rest of you always made sure to enjoy responsibly...I mean look at how silly that looks the idea of trying to drink all six beers in a six pack at the same time!

Good discussion. Easy and obvious answer though.

It's been about 6 years since I've eaten McDonald's, and I hope to never have to eat it again in my life, but that doesn't mean I can't admit it tastes good. If you can't admit a Big Mac or McChicken tastes good then you are just lying to yourself. I don't even eat meat and I know it would be tasty. 

Don't get me wrong, McD's is some fucked up shit.... but in the context of vs. cigarettes, McD's is a solid option

Cigarettes taste like shit, McD's tastes good. If I was forced to choose between the two I would gladly choose McD's. 

Plus, there's this:

2 minutes ago, Daniel_Doyce said:

Man, I'm really feeming for 4-5 quarter pounders and a big ass thing of nuggets, with a large diet coke (no ice). Sitting in a parking lot and going through that before lighting a cigar and driving off in my beater sounds awesome right about now

Not gonna lie, it kinda does. I'm also sure @docile tapeworm has done this exact thing at least once.

Edited by Bearcat-Doug

1 minute ago, Daniel_Doyce said:

This was definitely a 2-3 time a week gameplan for me during most of the pandemic, except Wendy's half the time

Yeah, I had many McDonald's feasts while sitting in the parking lot when they had the dining room shut down. My center console looked like the dinner table at a fast food Thanksgiving.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daniel_Doyce said:

Man, I'm really feeming for 4-5 quarter pounders and a big ass thing of nuggets, with a large diet coke (no ice). Sitting in a parking lot and going through that before lighting a cigar and driving off in my beater sounds awesome right about now

Tobacco + carbonated beverage 😈

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, Tulpa said:

Irony alert.

The heck is that supposed to mean?  I mean all I was saying was how silly these fad diets are...would you believe both Coke and Pepsi at the time joined the low carb bandwagon at the time with their C2 and Edge respectively? 😛

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Daniel_Doyce said:

Say you remember that kids song "She'll Be Coming 'Round The Mountain"?  Well back in the day me and my classmates would sing the last part, "And we'll all have Chicken McNuggets when she comes...yum yum!" 😄 

19 minutes ago, Estil said:

The heck is that supposed to mean?  I mean all I was saying was how silly these fad diets are...would you believe both Coke and Pepsi at the time joined the low carb bandwagon at the time with their C2 and Edge respectively? 😛

2004 called, they want their joke about things being outdated back. 😉

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, OptOut said:

2004 called, they want their joke about things being outdated back. 😉

But that can be true for any year.  I just happened to be working at a hospital cafeteria at the time and was right in the middle of all these weirdos ordering a burger without the bun.  Though one in particular really takes the case...wanted (and I a quote) "a cheeseburger with no cheese"! 😄 

1 hour ago, Hammerfestus said:

I don’t smoke. This is making me want to go buy a pack.  What percentage overlap do you guys think there are between those possessed with anti smoking fervor and also being suckered into the marketing scams that are organic, non-gmo, gluten free, Jesus, vegan, etc?

I really feel bad for all those people who for honest to goodness medical reasons have to be on a gluten free diet...because I imagine when they go to a restaurant and mention those magic words "non-gluten", there's a good possibility the waiter/waitresses will (at least inwardly in their thoughts or be tempted to) roll their eyes and be like "oh great here we go with the sill fad dieter who probably doesn't even know what gluten is..." 😛

And for that matter how many people even know what a GMO even is and which GMO foods (and why) are good or bad or ugly or...?

As for you wanting to go buy a pack...don't.  Buy yourself the video game that's currently at the top of your wishlist.  Trust me folks, breathing is super awesome 😄 

38 minutes ago, Estil said:

But that can be true for any year.  I just happened to be working at a hospital cafeteria at the time and was right in the middle of all these weirdos ordering a burger without the bun.  Though one in particular really takes the case...wanted (and I a quote) "a cheeseburger with no cheese"! 😄 

It's more that you're the king of outdated references, emperor even. So you saying a joke is outdated is really rich. 😛

• Haha 1