What’s worse? McDonalds or cigarettes?

phart010

What’s worse? McDonalds or cigarettes   

47 members have voted

1. 1. What’s worse? McDonalds or cigarettes

• McDonalds is worse
    • Cigarettes are worse

2 hours ago, darkchylde28 said:

I'll try to get a photo of it if it's still up, but I loved our local Arby's sign they had up (right next door to McDonald's, no less) when McRib first came back.  It went something along the lines of, "Skip the McFib, Stop in Today for the Real Meats."  🤣

The Arby's closest to me had the same thing on the sign and oddly enough, it is also next to a McDonald's. Keep in mind, this town looks like a real life version of fast food boulevard from The Simpsons.

Fast-Food_Boulevard.png

Edited by Bearcat-Doug
  • Haha 1

Events Team · Posted
2 hours ago, darkchylde28 said:

I'll try to get a photo of it if it's still up, but I loved our local Arby's sign they had up (right next door to McDonald's, no less) when McRib first came back.  It went something along the lines of, "Skip the McFib, Stop in Today for the Real Meats."  🤣

I ate the Arby's pork sandwich because of their ads like a week before the McRib announcement camedown.  I know it's "real meats" and all, but honestly I prefer the McRib.  The Arby's sandwich was too dry.  

40 minutes ago, JamesRobot said:

I ate the Arby's pork sandwich because of their ads like a week before the McRib announcement camedown.  I know it's "real meats" and all, but honestly I prefer the McRib.  The Arby's sandwich was too dry.  

I was tempted to try it, but I haven't heard anyone that already had one say they thought it was good.

18 minutes ago, Daniel_Doyce said:

if you're going to eat Arby's, the lamb gyro, 3-4 beef cheddars and a large curly fries and diet coke is the way to go. McRib can suck it

When the beef cheddar sandwhich was introduced in 1978 they used a thick slice of cheddar instead of the stuff they use now.  I was gravely disappointed when they switched over.

• Wow! 1

10 hours ago, phart010 said:

Yea the Diet Coke somehow makes it all not so bad

Actually, depending on what you're eating, yeah, exactly.  Seriously.  While at a glance, eating 3000 calories plus a diet drink seems futile, but it really depends on what those calories are made up by that really matters.  If it's 3000 calories of mostly (or entirely) carbs, then yeah, you're not really doing anything.  However, if those calories are made up of mostly non-carbs (protein, etc.), then, yeah, you're contributing something to the equation by keeping a ton of sugar out of the equation.  I cut out sugar from drinks a long time ago, and it's continued to make a difference to this day.  Regardless of how much I weigh at any given time, were I still chugging down soft drinks all day like I used to, I'd be a lot heavier due to how much weight the body will tend to pick up ASAP from sugar, plus the reduced risk of diabetes due to lack of insulin resistance, etc.

3 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Given all of the calories in the food, you might as well cut out the extra sugar.

Yep, especially if what you're eating is mostly (or entirely) non-carbs.  There's a huge difference between eating 3000 calories of candy versus 3000 calories of meat, veggies, etc.

13 hours ago, Daniel_Doyce said:

if you're going to eat Arby's, the lamb gyro, 3-4 beef cheddars and a large curly fries and diet coke is the way to go. McRib can suck it

Their homestyle fries (90s) were WAY better and awesome...it made me really sad when they discontinued them 😢

1 hour ago, darkchylde28 said:

Yep, especially if what you're eating is mostly (or entirely) non-carbs.  There's a huge difference between eating 3000 calories of candy versus 3000 calories of meat, veggies, etc.

Exactly. I avoid sugary food/drinks for that very reason. A Big Mac at least has some nutritional value. Carbonated, flavored sugar water does not. If I'm going to eat fast food, there's no reason to pile on even more empty calories.

1 hour ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Exactly. I avoid sugary food/drinks for that very reason. A Big Mac at least has some nutritional value. Carbonated, flavored sugar water does not. If I'm going to eat fast food, there's no reason to pile on even more empty calories.

The drinks that McDonald’s offers may be worse for you than the food. That Hi-C orange drink they serve might actually be more sugar than water. I haven't had a full flavored soda in forever and when I feel like a soda it’s always Diet Coke or Coke Zero. I know neither one of those is great either but whatever, everything in moderation right. I really like the small Coke Zero cans I think they are 8oz

50 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

The drinks that McDonald’s offers may be worse for you than the food. That Hi-C orange drink they serve might actually be more sugar than water. I haven't had a full flavored soda in forever and when I feel like a soda it’s always Diet Coke or Coke Zero. I know neither one of those is great either but whatever, everything in moderation right. I really like the small Coke Zero cans I think they are 8oz

Coke Zero is the best, especially if you can find it on a soda fountain.

7 hours ago, darkchylde28 said:

When my wife was pregnant with our son and we had to go to KFC in order for her to be able to eat anything, I ate a Double Down pretty much every time.  Does that count?

Apparently the KFC Double Down is only 610 calories compared to 1030 in the Arby's Meat Mountain, so I guess that's partial credit. I used to eat the Burger King Enormous Omelet  sandwich for breakfast almost every day and it was supposedly discontinued due how unhealthy it was even though you can still get them to make you one.

050328_burger_hmed_12p.jpg

• Love 1

4 hours ago, Daniel_Doyce said:

Man that looks awesome, but seems like a serious pain in the ass for whichever poor Arby's employee has to assemble all those parts for one stupid sandwich.

I'm tempted to try it. From the YouTube videos I've seen of people ordering it, they don't seem to be as big in reality as the picture makes it look. It looks like literally everything on one sandwich which makes it the perfect meal for the person who can't ever decide what they want.