IGNORED

Garbage Pail Kids (NES)

Iam8bit just announced they've partnered with Retrotainment and Topps to release a new game for the NES based on classic card line, Garbage Pail Kids. 

Not sure how i feel about this. On one hand, it's pretty neat that something like that is getting a real release in 2022 2023, but on the other, i don't know that i am interested enough for an $80 purchase.

https://www.iam8bit.com/products/garbage-pail-kids-nes

Garbage-Pail-Kids-NES-Beauty-Shot.png

• Like 4

Events Team · Posted

Dude, it was over $95 with shipping and taxes.  Thanks, drunk me! 😅 

I got suckered into it for sure.  Had a couple few beers and I was all in.  It's official GPK Topps licensed and includes exclusive 8 bit style cards.  The cards pushed me over the top.  More of a slight nudge really...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Last month found set of Series 3 Garbage Pail kids at a flea market so when I saw this (via JohnRiggs) I was already sold, even if the 80 dollar price and 14.95 shipping is off putting.  But agreed, it being an official licensed product along with having cards pushed the me through that high price. I don't know if its active anymore as I ordered on the 30th but CEREALMONSTERS coupon code gave 10% off which also helped.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

At least it's a new game. That's interesting.

But this.... What the hell is this:

https://www.iam8bit.com/collections/nintendo/products/mega-man-2-30th-anniversary-classic-cartridge

https://www.iam8bit.com/collections/nintendo/products/the-lion-king-legacy-cartridge-collection

Why are they just reprinting games?

Edited by AirVillain

2 hours ago, AirVillain said:

Because chumps will re-buy them in fancy plastic, then have them permanently encapsulated in plastic prisons and claim that they're work 10-100x what they cost at retail.  😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, AirVillain said:

That's been a thing for awhile from them. Have you not seen these before?

• 4 months later...

I saw people getting pissy on FB saying they wouldn't have bought the game if they knew the color scheme was going to be changed. All I can say is what's the point of buying the game if you aren't going to play the damned thing, in which case the color isn't important. I'm the biggest shelf collector in the world but even this is too much stupidity for me.

22 minutes ago, fcgamer said:

I saw people getting pissy on FB saying they wouldn't have bought the game if they knew the color scheme was going to be changed. All I can say is what's the point of buying the game if you aren't going to play the damned thing, in which case the color isn't important. I'm the biggest shelf collector in the world but even this is too much stupidity for me.

The thing is marketed on "stale gum" and nostalgia.  The original mockup was definitely a pink that resembled the gum color from wax packs where the red is nothing close.  I don't really care personally, but I can understand the disappointment.  I would have preferred closer to the colors show originally.