IGNORED

If you could live in any game world which one would it be?

austin532

I always imagined I was in the video games worlds back then, started all the way back when I used to play Berserk on the 2600, imagine myself on some robot infested maze planet, terrified, trying as I might to escape but ultimately never do, always ended up eventually blasted to death by lasers or electrocuted against a wall or pounded to a mushy pile by the evil Otto. All started there. Kept going with the NES, I was either the princess or other damsel in distress or I was the heroine, and if need be pretend the dude hero was a her. Fun times. Back then I had the power to go from one game world to another, either through warps or item or spell, and could also take weapons and powers with me back to the real world too. Always wanted the Blaster Master tank. I had quite the imagination then, I really got into my roles. But as I grew in age, gaming became more serious and it was all about the challenge, beating them, experiencing them for what they were, nothing more. pretty sad really.

• Like 2

Homebrew Team · Posted
12 minutes ago, RH said:

I considered Midgar or Xenogears but, yeah, many of these RPGs are obsessed with the whole "end of the world" motif.

Very true.  At least it wasn't always the same plan to end the world.

Spoilers about SO2:

Spoiler

Was Star Ocean 2 the only game where the planet was actually destroyed? 

Edited by Deadeye

8 minutes ago, Deadeye said:

Very true.  At least it wasn't always the same plan to end the world.

Spoilers about SO2:

Hide contents

Was Star Ocean 2 the only game where the planet was actually destroyed? 

It's hard to say. It's my understanding that as part of some Japanese mythology, there is this idea/undercurrent idea that the earth is, in fact, constantly being destroyed and reborn.  In that case, I think there are multiple cases of the earth being "destroyed" and reborn, but in actuality, it's not really destroyed.

I believe Meteor in Final Fantasy VII did, in fact, hit the Earth and "destroy" it, but in that "not really, but just reset a bunch of stuff" kind of way.