IGNORED

2022 VGS NES Weekly Contest - Tecmo Bowl!

BeaIank

19 minutes ago, Krunch said:

Nice nice I hope you dig that and found a nice one.  Wide variance of condition on that one.   I've always gotten lucky with finding this game, I've had 4 (5?) Stinger boxes total including this one, most of the boxes were on the rough side though.   Glad I held onto this last CIB when I had 2 and this one's the best I've had.  Actually as far as shooters go I quite enjoyed this one in the recent contest.  Konami just makes good shit no matter the genre.  Way better than Capcom

Well If it shows up and it’s not up to par perhaps I’ll give you a shout. It is a good game and I’ll be honest I was looking at my nes games the other night and I realized how many Konami games I enjoy……you better not tell anybody!

27 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

Well If it shows up and it’s not up to par perhaps I’ll give you a shout. It is a good game and I’ll be honest I was looking at my nes games the other night and I realized how many Konami games I enjoy……you better not tell anybody!

Cool man yeah you can let me know - yeah I feel ya I keep my collection very trimmed and all CIB, I think im under 80 NES games currently, but despite that I have CV trilogy, Contra, Super C, Jackal, Blades of Steel, Stinger, Bayou Billy, Turtles 3 plus like 5ish more Ultra games, and I just dumped my Double Dribble, Goonies, Life Force and Lone Ranger too on top of that all recently-ish.  Without Konami what even is the NES?

• Like 1

On 9/4/2022 at 3:14 PM, BeaIank said:

I considered forcing you all picking the worst team vs the best team, but I don't care enough about "Football" that is played with hands with an oval ball to figure out which team is the worst in this game.

Considering this game was posted for the NFL kick off week I find that hard to believe.

Fail Miami Dolphins GIF

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Good job @the_wizard_666! I honestly thought you might beat my score this week.

I gave it a good go, but once San Fran and Miami were out of the mix, I couldn't get enough interceptions to get the win.  Oddly enough, the toughest team I played so far was Cleveland of all teams.  I just couldn't consistently figure out their offence, and they were just fucking solid defensively.  Three more games to go until I never have to play it again though 😛

10 hours ago, the_wizard_666 said:

I gave it a good go, but once San Fran and Miami were out of the mix, I couldn't get enough interceptions to get the win.  Oddly enough, the toughest team I played so far was Cleveland of all teams.  I just couldn't consistently figure out their offence, and they were just fucking solid defensively.  Three more games to go until I never have to play it again though 😛

Way to go, getting a first place score and working on the season mode at the same time. That is actually a really good idea. Congrats again on the score!

22 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Way to go, getting a first place score and working on the season mode at the same time. That is actually a really good idea. Congrats again on the score!

And you as well.  I know from experience that it wasn't an easy feat to pull off.  At least now I don't have to worry about resetting if the computer scores/intercepts/makes a killer play 😛

2 hours ago, the_wizard_666 said:

And you as well.  I know from experience that it wasn't an easy feat to pull off.  At least now I don't have to worry about resetting if the computer scores/intercepts/makes a killer play 😛

I haven't been able to beat 112 given the luck it takes to get a 35 point quarter. I honestly wish I had thought of doing it your way instead of sitting on the floor and wearing out the reset button.

On 9/11/2022 at 10:03 PM, Dr. Morbis said:

I would assume as such, not that it makes a difference in this particular case, since wiz has the sports genre all wrapped up with a pretty little bow regardless...

I just did some number crunching, and while it's more or less a given, I have NOT been mathematically locked in just yet. Assuming an 18 point split between me and @Bearcat-Doug, I have a lead of 19 points on you.  This means if you finish first on Best of the Best, and I don't post some sort of score, you can snatch it away.  If you get first and I get a single point, we tie.  Given that sports seems to have the lowest participation though, the odds of there being enough people for me to only get a single point is slim...but there's still a chance for you yet young grasshopper 🙂

Sports standings (unofficial) for reference:

1st     the_wizard_666          69
2nd     Dr. Morbis                  50
3rd     NESfiend                    46
4th     PII                               42
5th     Krunch                       34
6th    Bearcat-Doug             18
7th     docile tapeworm        13
8th     Johnny Nunchucks    10
9th     Jeevan                        8
10th    Mega Tank                 6
11th     RH                              5
12th    nesmaster14              4

4 hours ago, the_wizard_666 said:

I just did some number crunching, and while it's more or less a given, I have NOT been mathematically locked in just yet. Assuming an 18 point split between me and @Bearcat-Doug, I have a lead of 19 points on you.  This means if you finish first on Best of the Best, and I don't post some sort of score, you can snatch it away.  If you get first and I get a single point, we tie.  Given that sports seems to have the lowest participation though, the odds of there being enough people for me to only get a single point is slim...but there's still a chance for you yet young grasshopper 🙂

Sports standings (unofficial) for reference:

1st     the_wizard_666          69
2nd     Dr. Morbis                  50
3rd     NESfiend                    46
4th     PII                               42
5th     Krunch                       34
6th    Bearcat-Doug             18
7th     docile tapeworm        13
8th     Johnny Nunchucks    10
9th     Jeevan                        8
10th    Mega Tank                 6
11th     RH                              5
12th    nesmaster14              4

I've never even heard of that game, so you should have everything locked up. I might post a Tetris score, but I'm mostly looking forward to Double Dragon II week.

17 hours ago, the_wizard_666 said:

Well, since you're a tried and true "Hoes before bros - and everything else under the sun" kinda guy, I just gotta hope that your gf wants you to do something really time consuming for an entire week when Best of the Best is up, and I'll be a shoe-in... 😛

• Haha 1

• The topic was unpinned