IGNORED

Content Creators (Twitch/YouTube)

FireHazard51

Are you a "Content Creator" (Streamer/YouTuber)  

12 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of content creator are you?

• Steamer (Twitch/YouTube/Facebook/etc.)
    • YouTuber (videos, not streams)
    • None but I'm interested in being a content creator
    • None, and never want to either

22 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

I'll own it if you link it.  I know at one point you were upset about the lack of attention your pickup posts were getting.

The problem was the lack of reactions on NintendoAge. Since no one was responding (unless I said something), the lack of reactions made it difficult to know what people thought or if they were even looking at my pictures/videos.

Edited by MegaMan52

Editorials Team · Posted
10 minutes ago, MegaMan52 said:

The problem was the lack of reactions on NintendoAge. Since no one was responding (unless I said something), the lack of reactions made it difficult to know what people thought or if they were even looking at my pictures/videos.

11 minutes ago, MegaMan52 said:

Yeah, I get it.  It's fun to share our hauls and discuss them.  No one wants to feel ignored.

3 hours ago, FireHazard51 said:

Well potentially in the future VGS would look at maybe doing our own thing of like playing VGS homebrew games where we'd have people hop into the Discord voice chat for an active discussion.  In my mind if we were to do any kind of random game playing on the VGS Twitch channel we would have a co-host to keep the discussion lively and fun for at least the two streamers, regardless of the number of viewers.  

This is a rough idea I had and we are a ways away before even doing some internal testing of the idea.  I'm still a complete newb with streaming so I'm making big errors (audio issues) and learning as I ago.  Once I know how to confidently stream something I'll start looking into trying my co-host idea out.  

This poll was kinda a way to see how many actively use these "social media" sites that VGS may get involved with.  Also helps me know if there was enough interest to do a club.  Sounds like there isn't 😅  I'm not really surprised since most people who are really interested in this stuff are a bit younger and haven't had prior attempts at doing "content creation".  Our community is still small and as it grow maybe this change and we'll add some area on the site for "content creation" that isn't related to homebrews.  

This sounds awesome and I would be down (to play and/or to jump into the chat and discuss), provided my schedule meshed with the planned time.

• Love 1

11 hours ago, alpenanews0506 said:

Not trying to be an ass here, but wanted to make sure you know what a computer is before you classify yourself as one. Or maybe I am completely wrong here and you actually meant computerer, in that case I have no idea what that is.

What is a Computer? (computerhope.com)

If you use a platform to create art, you just add ER to the platform and it becomes a verb.

news anchor = televisioner

author = booker

singer = Spotifyer

web designer = Adober

video creator = YouTuber

Are you suggesting that sounds ridiculous because YouTube isn't a verb? That would be crazy.

Pick up videos are like reaction videos/unboxing videos as the lowest form of content on the site.  Why on EARTH would I care what you got or what you have to say?  At least SOME unboxing videos can show whats included in some album box set or something.  Quality > Quantity. 

Edited by guitarzombie
  • Eyeroll 1

Social Team · Posted
1 hour ago, guitarzombie said:

Pick up videos are like reaction videos/unboxing videos as the lowest form of content on the site.  Why on EARTH would I care what you got or what you have to say?  At least SOME unboxing videos can show whats included in some album box set or something.  Quality > Quantity. 

My content was not for you.... and that is OK.  I enjoyed other's pick-up videos so I decided to do it myself.  Sorry but not sorry that you don't enjoy that.  

13 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Shout out to @DefaultGen's channel for being genuinely hilarious, without resorting to the usual begging/whoring

Agreed. I don’t watch YouTube but Defaults videos are always a great watch and so funny.

“I bought a full set here because I’m rich it’s not like I’m going to play any of these fucking games” lmao! 😂

5 hours ago, guitarzombie said:

I've found out about great games that were unknown to me through pickup videos.

Edited by Californication

Social Team · Posted
On 7/27/2022 at 8:10 PM, Code Monkey said:

If you use a platform to create art, you just add ER to the platform and it becomes a verb.

news anchor = televisioner

author = booker

singer = Spotifyer

web designer = Adober

video creator = YouTuber

Are you suggesting that sounds ridiculous because YouTube isn't a verb? That would be crazy.

You never used YouTube as a verb like Google?  I've said "YouTube it" when someone asked about how to do something.  But I'd say the phase "YouTuber" existed before I started to use YouTube as a verb.

27 minutes ago, FireHazard51 said:

You never used YouTube as a verb like Google?  I've said "YouTube it" when someone asked about how to do something.  But I'd say the phase "YouTuber" existed before I started to use YouTube as a verb.

Google? Whenever my friends try to talk to me about the new words the kids are using, I go home and dictionary it to see if I can find it. If I can't find it from dictionarying, I usually fall back to encyrclopediaing things.

Edited by Code Monkey

4 hours ago, Code Monkey said:

Google? Whenever my friends try to talk to me about the new words the kids are using, I go home and dictionary it to see if I can find it. If I can't find it from dictionarying, I usually fall back to encyrclopediaing things.

No need to use a physical dictionary, they're all online now. Now you can bring yourself up to speed on all the lingo and new words added to the English dictionary every year. Fun fact, languages evolve 🙂

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/youtuber

Social Team · Posted
9 hours ago, Code Monkey said:

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/google?q=Google I looked it up for you, it's both a noun and verb.  Just curious, but what year was your dictionary made.

Administrator · Posted
10 hours ago, FireHazard51 said:

I actively avoid using "Google" as a verb and go out of my way to say "search online" or similar.

• Like 1

Social Team · Posted
32 minutes ago, Gloves said:

I actively avoid using "Google" as a verb and go out of my way to say "search online" or similar.

You can go "duck duck go it" if you prefer as well.  Some have tried to make "Duck it" a thing too but I don't think it'll work unless you're in a group of people who are familiar with that website and they also get why you don't want to say "Google it".  I can be a "lazy" talker so the less words or easier it is to say I typically default too.  Besides, "Googleing" isn't always a great idea for those who don't know who to use search terms well or know what websites will be good or not.  Typically this is my parents but I know other people who are idiots with technology even when they are my age or younger.

I actually think YouTube is better for these people as they can at least have a video show what to do along with explaining things verbally as well.  I also tell these people to watch more than just the one video as good information will be repeated in multiple videos.

YouTube videos are more about presentation than actual content in my opinion. If it is presented well, most anything can be interesting and worth my time watching. It doesn't matter what the actual content is about, be it unboxing, gameplay, pickups, history, instruction, reviews, news, or anything at all.

2 hours ago, FireHazard51 said:

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/google?q=Google I looked it up for you, it's both a noun and verb.  Just curious, but what year was your dictionary made.

2 hours ago, Gloves said:

This guy gets it!

1 hour ago, Khromak said:

I always just say "Bing" it when I need to tell someone to search something online.

Ask Jeeves?