IGNORED

Limited Run Games

I wasn't able to make that even, but that reminds me of when they visited Missouri Game Con a few years ago.  I was able to meet Doug and a few of they employees at the time.  It was cool talking to them.  I was also able to attend the forum they had later that afternoon.  We were the first to learn about the announcement of ESRB ratings coming to their published games.  

22 minutes ago, Ausden said:

I was pumped to grab a sealed Galf

I've almost forgotten about that game.  That's probably the only gave I've ever ordered from them that I wished I hadn't.  I don't have a problem with the game or anything.  It was just that I ordered the game, and later thought to myself, "Why did I do that?"  I planned to sell it, but honestly I completely forgot I even had it until you mentioned it.  

On 12/6/2019 at 8:23 AM, TDIRunner said:

Very few games have ended up in the hands of scalpers.  This is proven by the small percentage of these games that end up listed on eBay or other market sources.  If you don't like the bootlegs, don't buy them.  Unless anyone is forced to buy something they don't want, you have nothing to complain about.  Quit acting like a child.  

Do you have a single fact to back any of that up. Even a quick glance at ebay alone suggests that these things are being sold at the same rate as games that are nowhere near as rare, if not much worse. For example, the game Freedom Planet, specifically the Deluxe edition for switch has 2,000 copies, has 40 copies up for sale on ebay right now, not including the 15 sold. Meanwhile, Indiebox Freedom Planet(PC) had a print run of 4,500, but only has about 4 copies listed, including one sold.

How ironic that you would call me a child while using the childlike argument of "If you don't like [x], don't [y]". You might as well put your fingers in your ears and just try and drown out the bad words at that point.

On 12/8/2019 at 8:16 AM, NES CONNOISSEUR said:

I just picked up “Time Spinners”by “Limited Run Games “,and loving it so far ..I must confess though I am little taken back by the claims of other gamers that there are references to LGBT in the game ,I have not yet encountered that ..But as a Conservative I would of passed on this game if I had 100% confirmation of that ..

Wouldn't surprise me, a good majority of indie game creators are very militant left-wing types, especially when it comes to LGBT. Of course, it could just be people reading into something a little too hard, you never really know.

19 hours ago, PineappleLawnchair said:

Do you have a single fact to back any of that up. Even a quick glance at ebay alone suggests that these things are being sold at the same rate as games that are nowhere near as rare, if not much worse. For example, the game Freedom Planet, specifically the Deluxe edition for switch has 2,000 copies, has 40 copies up for sale on ebay right now, not including the 15 sold. Meanwhile, Indiebox Freedom Planet(PC) had a print run of 4,500, but only has about 4 copies listed, including one sold.

Show me ONE example of a game published by Limited Run Games where more than 50% of the games sold have ended up on eBay or in the hands of resellers.  

Show me ONE example of a game published by Limited Run Games where more than 25% of the games sold have ended up on eBay or in the hands of resellers.  

The fact of the matter is that the vast majority of games published by LRG have ended up in the hands of collectors.  LRG has provided a service to the collecting community that many of us had been looking for before for a long time before they showed up.  When we see childish fools complaining about their services because they saw a couple games listed that they weren't interested in, it gets annoying quick.  If you don't like people calling you out for your ignorant posts, I highly recommend putting more thought before you post next time.  

1 hour ago, TDIRunner said:

Show me [Evidence for claim i never made].  

Show me [Evidence for claim i never made]

The fact of the matter is that the vast majority of games published by LRG have ended up in the hands of collectors.  LRG has provided a service to the collecting community that many of us had been looking for before for a long time before they showed up.  When we see childish fools complaining about their services because they saw a couple games listed that they weren't interested in, it gets annoying quick.  If you don't like people calling you out for your ignorant posts, I highly recommend putting more thought before you post next time.  

No, you can't move the goalposts now. You claimed a "small percentage" of copies end up on ebay, i asked you to back up said claim(which you failed to do) and showed evidence to the contrary. I never specified how many copies ended up on ebay specifically(nor would i because there's far more marketplaces out there besides ebay, and despite being one of the better sites out there at retaining info on sales, still isn't comprehensive enough to back up such a claim.). I never specified how much went to the scalpers because it's a matter of principle for me, as when we're dealing with fixed quantities this low it doesn't matter if we're talking 50% or 5%, it still makes it infinitely harder for a person to get even the crap they put out,  let alone the good games. I mentioned games i wasn't interested in because whoever i was talking you, probably you, claimed that said games would never be released in physical form if it wasn't for LRG, not just to complain about them.

You're not "calling" anyone out, you're just a blind fanboy that can't handle when people have a problem with bad business practices.

58 minutes ago, PineappleLawnchair said:

No, you can't move the goalposts now. You claimed a "small percentage" of copies end up on ebay, i asked you to back up said claim(which you failed to do) and showed evidence to the contrary. I never specified how many copies ended up on ebay specifically(nor would i because there's far more marketplaces out there besides ebay, and despite being one of the better sites out there at retaining info on sales, still isn't comprehensive enough to back up such a claim.). I never specified how much went to the scalpers because it's a matter of principle for me, as when we're dealing with fixed quantities this low it doesn't matter if we're talking 50% or 5%, it still makes it infinitely harder for a person to get even the crap they put out,  let alone the good games. I mentioned games i wasn't interested in because whoever i was talking you, probably you, claimed that said games would never be released in physical form if it wasn't for LRG, not just to complain about them.

You're not "calling" anyone out, you're just a blind fanboy that can't handle when people have a problem with bad business practices.

This began with me saying that LRG provides a service to the collecting community with you threw back in my face.  If I'm wrong, show me.  As the gaming market has moved closer and closer to digital only, collectors have been crying out for physical copies of games.  In the past 4 years, no other company has done more to keep physical games around as long as possible than LRG.  Give me an example of anyone who has done more for the collecting community in the past 4 years than LRG.  

Well over 300 games published, and only a tiny fraction of those would have ever seen physical form without LRG's existence.  I'm no fanboy, but I have a HUGE appreciate for that.  However, watching grown adults cry because they re-released some old NES Star Wars games is just a little off-putting.  I have a hard time not calling that out.

2 hours ago, TDIRunner said:

This began with me saying that LRG provides a service to the collecting community with you threw back in my face.  If I'm wrong, show me.  As the gaming market has moved closer and closer to digital only, collectors have been crying out for physical copies of games.  In the past 4 years, no other company has done more to keep physical games around as long as possible than LRG.  Give me an example of anyone who has done more for the collecting community in the past 4 years than LRG.  

Well over 300 games published, and only a tiny fraction of those would have ever seen physical form without LRG's existence.  I'm no fanboy, but I have a HUGE appreciate for that.  However, watching grown adults cry because they re-released some old NES Star Wars games is just a little off-putting.  I have a hard time not calling that out.

The burden of proof is on the one who makes the claim, and now that you mention it, how does this help collectors at all?

Giving people more shit to collect regardless of quality isn't exactly helpful to anyone, especially since the vast majority of collectors would be automatically barred from a fullset anyways, since copies go as low as 1,500, and that assumes all copies of the game made it into collectors hands(they don't). The thrill of the hunt is simply not there, as all it takes to buy these things is just catching an email from them with the date and then just being obsessive enough to hit F5 on the store page until they become available for sale. A good chunk of their games aren't actually valuable, as many of them are sold on nothing but artificial hype. What about their Legend of the Bird King bullshit, which was supposedly not by LRG, but was made by an LRG employee, and supported by LRG themselves by allowing him to sell copies at their store. How does an artificial Stadium Events help collectors? How does bootlegs of cheap common games being passed as rare collectables help collectors?

Who cares how many games they published, when a good majority of them are just cheapy indie games. You really going to tell me stuff like Kemco mobile RPGs or the 5 dollar eshop game they're trying to pass off as the modern day Stadium events is truly worth printing. 

Leaving a complaint about their business practices is not crying, and you aren't calling out shit.

Edited by PineappleLawnchair
  • Like 1

How can people be angered by a company for trying to be profitable? If it's their products you dislike, just don't buy them and there's no need to rage. 

How can people be so furious at "re-sellers" and "scalpers" who try to buy items for lower prices than they sell them. It's strange considering that's what every retailer does, even the beloved brick and mortar retro game store owner that everyone praises. 

13 hours ago, BreaKBeatZ said:

How can people be angered by a company for trying to be profitable? If it's their products you dislike, just don't buy them and there's no need to rage. 

How can people be so furious at "re-sellers" and "scalpers" who try to buy items for lower prices than they sell them. It's strange considering that's what every retailer does, even the beloved brick and mortar retro game store owner that everyone praises. 

Awfully verbose "u mad" there. Ironic considering LRG just went defcon 2 over a twitter joke.

The point was them releasing tons of glorified filler is not impressive, nor is it a particularly helpful service to collectors, not that they need to stop being profitable.

13 hours ago, BreaKBeatZ said:

Desperate.

This is the perfect example of the fact that people can and will complain about ANYTHING no matter how trivial it may be.  It's sad, but clearly no amount of logic or reasoning will ever make it stop.   

What logic and reasoning. All you have done during this entire conversation was throw ad homenims around, attempt to have me answer claims i never made, and generally ignore any points i made.

The video game industry is moving towards all digital content.  Fact.

While the average Call of Duty or Fornite gamer probably doesn't care about digital games, there is still a market of older gamers who prefer physical games.  Fact.

Nearly every single LRG release has sold out.  Fact.

There isn't a single example of a LRG release where more than a small percentage of copies have ended in the hands of scalpers.  Fact.

Therefore, a vast majority of games sold by LRG are in the hands of people who want them and intend to keep them.  Fact.

Limited Run Games is providing a service to the collecting community.  Fact.

P.S.  No one has ever been forced to buy a game they didn't want.  It's perfectly ok to say, "I"m not interested in that game, so I'll pass this week."  Trust me, that is much easier than getting so emotional about a small publishing company.  

So LRG has published around 350 games. If you assume about 4000 copies per game (might be a bit more overall, but this is a rough estimate) then they have released around 1.4 million copies. If you search for "Limited Run Games" on ebay you find about 9000 entries. So that means that about 0.64% (less than 1%) of copies are being sold on the secondary market. I'm sure if you add other markets it will be higher, but certainly in agreement with TDIRunner who says it's just a "small percentage".  Again, no one is forcing anyone to purchase LRG, but I for one, am very happy they provide the service they do and will continue to support them. 

• Like 1

If you search for "Limited Run Games" on ebay you find about 9000 entries. So that means that about 0.64% (less than 1%) I'm sure if you add other markets it will be higher, but certainly in agreement with TDIRunner who says it's just a "small percentage". 

I got almost 11k listings, and over 8k sold, but even that is glossing over a tons of variables(how many listings contain more than 1 copy of the game? How many listings aren't tagged with "Limited Run Games" or are tagged under something like LRG, "limited run", RARE, or even ONLY [x] MADE? The fact that they hold a not so insignificant number of copies back for various reasons, how many of those people just bought the game to beat it and sell it back, etc) you'd need to consider, but whatever. We can argue until the sun comes down about this crap but it doesn't matter, since, again, i never specified how many scalpers, just the fact that they exist and it raises hell on people who just want the game.

2 hours ago, avatar! said:

Again, no one is forcing anyone to purchase LRG, but I for one, am very happy they provide the service they do and will continue to support them. 

If anything, the person who implied that was the one said "none of these games would be available in physical form" if it wasn't for LRG. I will say you really shouldn't buy the bootlegs, since aside from everything else buying an overpriced fake entails, Star Wars is in the middle of imploding, but this conversation has gone on for long enough, all because some dumb fanboy got pissy about a somewhat negative comment.

2 hours ago, avatar! said:

Well, this is interesting. Never heard of this before, and have no idea whom the seller is.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Revenge-of-the-Bird-King-x2-a-rare-and-fraudulent-release-by-LIMITED-RUN-GAMES/123998662911

Screenshot from 2019-12-17 16-54-25.png

Screenshot from 2019-12-17 16-54-22.png

I forget what the reason is but this was a planned release that was ready to go and just never sold. Think cheetahmen 2 or nba elite 11. Something to do with Sony's rules around publishing a game. They were effectively barred from doing the release. 

The guy who owned the physical copies sold a few off privately at a convention (Portland?) and all the high dollar copies are people scalping them. This guy in particular is selling a bullshit story to go along with it. 

I actually got to play one of these as a friend was given a copy. 

20 hours ago, PineappleLawnchair said:

If anything, the person who implied that was the one said "none of these games would be available in physical form" if it wasn't for LRG. I will say you really shouldn't buy the bootlegs, since aside from everything else buying an overpriced fake entails, Star Wars is in the middle of imploding, but this conversation has gone on for long enough, all because some dumb fanboy got pissy about a somewhat negative comment.

Clearly using the word "none" was a mistake and I should have said "most," but it doesn't change the fact the vast majority of their games wouldn't exist in any other form but digital if it wasn't for LRG.  

Also the Star Wars games aren't bootlegs.  This has been covered.  I personally didn't think they needed to offer those, and I have no intention of buying any of them, but regardless of how you or I feel, they have no negative impact on any of us.  If you want to buy one (and clearly many did), you can buy one.  If you don't want to buy one (like me), no one is forced to.  

I've explained very clearly why I believe LRG has provided a service to the collecting community.  You can name call all you want, but it doesn't undo any of what LRG has accomplished or revert anything I've said.  

Editorials Team · Posted
19 hours ago, m308gunner said:

Anyone have some more info on their Metal Storm release? It still says December release, but the month is getting on...

I would never have expectations on LRG release dates.  Just assume you'll be pleasantly surprised with it suddenly shipping one day.

• Sad 1

You are probably already aware of this, but just in case you aren't, you can always check the order status in your account.  Sometimes, it can provide information such as "currently in production", or currently "in hand", but waiting on shipping.

Also, don't forget, that anything ordered at one time, won't ship until everything in the order is ready to go.  I got my Accounting + a lot later than most people because I ordered it with another game that wasn't ready until much later.  I don't mind the extra wait to save on the shipping since I'm rarely in a hurry to play most of these.