IGNORED

WATA Finally Getting Sued?

4 minutes ago, Gulag Joe said:

Kotaku is all fake news gossip too. All suppositions throughout that post. “Believed” and “we think”.

The Wata response is as fake as the claims.

Please tag me when you “apparently” find out the truth.

2298DC70-B9B8-479F-8B68-10103A748BCD.jpeg

You're saying Kotaku is a fake news site and made up the quote from Wata?

Just now, CodysGameRoom said:

Yea I'm sure WATA does a press release every time they grade a fake game. lol

All of this is hearsay until the accused publicly addresses the matter. Anybody can post anything they want on the internet. When you search “Wata” on Kotaku every single hit is disparaging to the company.

10 hours ago, Gulag Joe said:

It does. Who is paying Kataku to constantly badmouth CU/Wata? Who stands to benefit the most? Lots of questions!

Kotaku is all clickbait/controversy. I’d wager many of their articles on plenty of subjects have a similar problem of focusing on timely and consequential events (eg lawsuits, workers rights, etc). In fact news coverage in general works this way.

source: was journalist

it’s a much simpler explanation (occams  razor I guess) and imo the more likely one.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, CodysGameRoom said:

I SWEAR to you I was going to quote occam's razor and link to the wikipedia page before I changed my mind and sent gif instead. lol

Speaking of Occam’s Razor, Karaku is reporting that some people are saying that Wata may have graded a fake Occam’s Razor.

UPDATE: A Wata representative has responded to Gulag Joeraku:

wE tAkE cLaImS aRoUnD oUr AuThEnTiCaTiOn StAnDaRdS sErIoUsLy AnD aRe LoOkInG iNtO tHiS mAtTeR aBoUt OnE gAmE tHaT wAs GrAdEd SeVeRaL yEaRs AgO. wE aRe CoNfIdEnT iN oUr CuRrEnT aUtHeNtIcAtIoN pRoCeSs AnD hAvE rEaChEd OuT tO tHe OwNeR oF tHe GaMe So ThAt We CaN rEcEiVe AnD rE-eVaLuAtE iT gIvEn NeWlY sUrFaCeD iNtErNeT hOrSeShIt.

19 hours ago, Gulag Joe said:

Speaking of Occam’s Razor, Karaku is reporting that some people are saying that Wata may have graded a fake Occam’s Razor.

UPDATE: A Wata representative has responded to Gulag Joeraku:

wE tAkE cLaImS aRoUnD oUr AuThEnTiCaTiOn StAnDaRdS sErIoUsLy AnD aRe LoOkInG iNtO tHiS mAtTeR aBoUt OnE gAmE tHaT wAs GrAdEd SeVeRaL yEaRs AgO. wE aRe CoNfIdEnT iN oUr CuRrEnT aUtHeNtIcAtIoN pRoCeSs AnD hAvE rEaChEd OuT tO tHe OwNeR oF tHe GaMe So ThAt We CaN rEcEiVe AnD rE-eVaLuAtE iT gIvEn NeWlY sUrFaCeD iNtErNeT hOrSeShIt.

Kenan Thompson Awww GIF by Saturday Night Live

• 1 month later...
23 hours ago, AirVillain said:

Just getting caught up here....

This James Halperin guy. Yowza. 

https://www.forbes.com/forbes/2004/1227/156.html?sh=6a91af802e07

His pre-Wata/Heritage resume is nnnnnoooooooooot too great. 

This was partially covered in that first Karl Jobst video. He's got a colorful history for sure.

• Like 1

On 7/23/2022 at 2:22 PM, AirVillain said:

Just getting caught up here....

This James Halperin guy. Yowza. 

https://www.forbes.com/forbes/2004/1227/156.html?sh=6a91af802e07

His pre-Wata/Heritage resume is nnnnnoooooooooot too great. 

I wouldn't put too much stock into that Forbes article; this is a point-by-point rebuttal by Heritage: https://www.ha.com/c/ref/halperin.zx?type=surl-forbes 

4 hours ago, Tetris said:

I wouldn't put too much stock into that Forbes article; this is a point-by-point rebuttal by Heritage: https://www.ha.com/c/ref/halperin.zx?type=surl-forbes 

christ. between the slant of a forbes article and halperin himself responding point by point, who knows what is real. this is the matrix.

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, CIB_Wholesale said:

I must say, as someone who has been following this whole debacle since day one, it feels very vindicating to have basically everything we've been saying all these years finally come out into the open.

There is very little new in here for those that have been paying attention, but it is immensely gratifying to see it all spilled out in the open court of law. Can't wait to see how deep the rabbit hole goes once all the discovery documents are revealed.

Also, pretty hilarious that they are actually getting called out for the racist WATA name, lol! I don't actually care about the racism angle, but it is a cherry on top nonetheless! 🤣

• Wow! 1

7 minutes ago, CIB_Wholesale said:

how is a judge denying their motion to throw out the case and accepting the RICO part to proceed 'very little new'?

No, I mean very little new in terms of the details of the case.

I had very little doubt this case would hold up, given everything we've already seen and heard.

Just now, OptOut said:

No, I mean very little new in terms of the details of the case.

I had very little doubt this case would hold up, given everything we've already seen and heard.

i thought all the public details were shady but acceptable

maybe they found something. i hope the case is public

3 minutes ago, CIB_Wholesale said:

i thought all the public details were shady but acceptable

maybe they found something. i hope the case is public

I guess that's for a judge to decide, but remember that Jim Halpern was already found guilty for basically the exact same crime in the coin market in the 1980's.

They just transposed basically the exact same market-rigging scam onto sealed videogames, and a whole new generation of dumb-fucks fell for it.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, OptOut said:

I guess that's for a judge to decide, but remember that Jim Halpern was already found guilty for basically the exact same crime in the coin market in the 1980's.

They just transposed basically the exact same market-rigging scam onto sealed videogames, and a whole new generation of dumb-fucks fell for it.

Well the people who had the graded games at the beginning and sold them for 10x what they are worth now are certainly not dumb-fucks but the people who bought them to hold long term…well sucks for them. The whole graded market is speculative at best anyways 

Edited by a3quit4s