IGNORED

Favorite threesomes (of games)

GPX

I loved all three Kingdom Hearts and their side games. Sue me.

If you consider the Super Famicom/SNES era of Final Fantasy a trilogy, I’m a huge fan of 4, 5, and 6.

I’d love to be able to say the Bravely trilogy but we’re still waiting on the third game.

Edited by The Strangest
  • Like 1

The Donkey Kong Country trilogy, surely?! Can there be any other answer? My favourite is number 2 Diddy's Kong Quest, but they're all fantastic imo.

Shout-out to the Metroid Prime trilogy also, all top notch games although it kinda felt like they were running out of ideas by the time they got to the third one.

• Like 3

Definitely dragon quest monsters joker, joker 2, and joker 3. All 3 are perfect games with each one adding great new mechanics that made the games even more fun. I can't think of any other 3 games in a series that were released one after the next where all 3 were incredible. 

Okay I take it back. Mega man battle network 3-6 were all really good.  

Even Pokemon screwed it up though. First and 2nd gen were great, 3rd was just okay. 

• Like 1

Super Ghouls N' Ghost

Demons Crest

Maximo: Ghosts to Glory

runner up:

Castlevania 3

Castlevania: Bloodlines

Castlevania IV.       (Haven't played Rhondo)

honorable mention:

Donkey Kong Country 2

Diddy Kong Racing

Donkey Kong Country Returns

Edited by Californication
  • Like 1

Very awesome choices in all the above!

Personally, I would say gaming-wise:

1. Super Mario 64, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Mario Galaxy 2 (N64/Wii)

2. Shinobi, Shadow Dancer, Revenge of Shinobi. (Arcade/Megadrive)

3. Streets of Rage 1,2,3.

4. Street Fighter 2, Steet Fighter 2 Turbo, Super Street Fighter 2.

The above games are the only notable franchise that I've genuinely completed in full.

Collecting-wise, I have a ton of favorites, but this is probably my current favorite thus far:

The Trilogy of Atelier Iris 1,2 and 3 - extremely rare (but pretty) Pal Australian versions, all evenly graded VGA 85+.

IMG_E3921.thumb.JPG.9a78f1e5ffd4bc9d3ffcfd985c428793.JPG

• Wow! 1

Very nice little trilogy there GPX.

I'm more of a gamer than a collector, but I HAD to complete my collection of Mario Party games for N64. US collectors don't realise how expensive those 3 games are in PAL land, especially Mario Party 3 which I had to spend 80 quid on! 😖

Also, I felt naked without Sonic Advance 3 when I had the other two, so I bought that as well! Then again, all those games are great to play too, so win-win! 😄

• Like 1

7 hours ago, OptOut said:

Very nice little trilogy there GPX.

I'm more of a gamer than a collector, but I HAD to complete my collection of Mario Party games for N64. US collectors don't realise how expensive those 3 games are in PAL land, especially Mario Party 3 which I had to spend 80 quid on! 😖

Also, I felt naked without Sonic Advance 3 when I had the other two, so I bought that as well! Then again, all those games are great to play too, so win-win! 😄

Seems like we had initially played games at a similar era with your mention of Sonic and DK series. 

Regarding the Pal N64 set, loose carts is very manageable apart from a few of the top 10 or so rare games. Mario Party 3 is one of the rarer ones, but if you want to up the challenge/costs, try collecting a CIB Australian variant collection. It will make you cringe!

I've already got Snowboard Kids 2, ken Griffey Jr. , HSV adventure racing and StarCraft, cart only of course.

I was lucky enough to pick up StarCraft for 5 pounds from GameStation in Southend about 15+ years ago, so getting the others was trivial after that.

As I said, not a collector so much, so boxes and manuals aren't my thing, but carts yeah I got em!