IGNORED

Are we on the brink of World War III?

RH

WW III  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Are we on the brink of World War III?

• Yes
    • No

Ah yeah double post but wanted to not bury the question.

What is a reliable source of a site or set of sites that grabs all these various translated resources from both sides, leaks, informants, social media suck ups who post whatever whenever so we can get a better view of reality.  Clearly russian media is as much full of shit as the west is since they seem to cherry pick equally so to get some positive PR attention.

11 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

What is a reliable source of a site or set of sites that grabs all these various translated resources from both sides, leaks, informants, social media suck ups who post whatever whenever so we can get a better view of reality.  Clearly russian media is as much full of shit as the west is since they seem to cherry pick equally so to get some positive PR attention.

Do you honestly  think Russian media is the same as the US or is it hyperbole? 

2 hours ago, Link said:

Probably the other way around

It was straight sarcasm.  Both sides are clearly spinning to win it on the public outreach and both have their own stories.  I was just musing hoping there was a more unfiltered conglomoration of first hand news, video clips, interviews, write ups, whatever of what's really going on.  I've seen a smattering of it collected up on an account on youtube that translates both the russian and ukraininan into an english script with the moving lines of daily conflict.  But what is there is kept fairly brief, and got curious if there just was more.

We are now dangerously close to nuclear war

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2023/06/07/we-are-now-perilously-close-to-nuclear-war/

The blowing of the dam at the Kakhovka Hydroelectric Power Plant (KHPP) by the Russian state is, quite simply, an act of terror by this terrorist state. With his army failing, his air force stuck in its hangars, it would appear Putin is prepared to do almost anything to cling on to the Russian occupied areas of Ukraine and his throne in the Kremlin. This is another war crime to add to the growing list, a list that includes the unlawful deportation of children – something that led to the International Criminal Court to issue a warrant for his arrest.

With no power and no water at this huge nuclear power plant, the chance of the meltdown of reactors and spent nuclear fuel starts to become plausible. Putin has threatened the West with nuclear weapons since the beginning of this war, but even if this is a hollow threat, ZNPP could still be used as an improvised nuclear weapon, with plausible deniability. It is uncertain what contamination would ensue or where it would go, but it would be a global humanitarian and environmental disaster.

Whatever it takes, we must ensure Ukraine prevails as quickly as possible, as there is still the spectre of escalation to chemical, biological and – terrifyingly – nuclear war.

Honestly, not a very convincing article on the thread of nuclear war, but of course, Putler is never to be trusted in any capacity.

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

images.jpeg

Not serious.... although I admittedly do not understand the full situation. 

I know it's not a person, so THAT was a joke, but I don't fully comprehend the whole deal and significance of what they just did.

I think it means it's bad for Putin/his interests? 

1 hour ago, MrWunderful said:

Hitler’s favorite composer

This seems accurate. 

36 minutes ago, Hammerfestus said:

I saw an episode of Jeopardy once where Trebek pronounced Wagner with a “W”.  

I missed this episode. 

Edited by AirVillain

14 minutes ago, AirVillain said:

Not serious.... although I admittedly do not understand the full situation. 

I know it's not a person, so THAT was a joke, but I don't fully comprehend the whole deal and significance of what they just did.

I think it means it's bad for Putin/his interests? 

This seems accurate. 

I missed this episode. 

In short, the Wagner Group is a paramilitary organization run by businessman Yevgeny Prigozhin (he used to be in produce, hence people sometimes refer to him as Putler's "chef") - they are purportedly to be well armed and well trained, having been used by Putler in many different theaters including Syria, Belarus, Chad, and other countries. Supposedly they wanted to expand their operations closer to Putler's adversaries, but clearly that is unlikely to happen at the moment.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Founder of Russia’s Google attacks Kremlin’s ‘barbaric’ war on Ukraine

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2023/08/10/russia-google-yandex-founder-attacks-putin-barbaric-war/

The co-founder of one of Russia’s biggest tech companies has launched a rare attack on Vladimir Putin’s “barbaric” invasion of Ukraine. Arkady Volozh, who set up Yandex in 1997, has defied the Kremlin by making an unusually forthright statement to declare he is “against the war”. “Russia’s invasion of Ukraine is barbaric, and I am categorically against it,” said Mr Volozh, who has tried to distance himself from his Russian roots and now lives in Israel.

“I am horrified about the fate of people in Ukraine – many of them my personal friends and relatives – whose houses are being bombed every day.” His comments make him one of the few Russian businessmen to have risked criticising the war in public. It also pits him against the Kremlin, which has clamped down hard on dissent over the past year and a half. A number of dissidents inside and outside Russia have suffered fatal accidents in mysterious circumstances over the past few years, while high-profile figures inside the country have been jailed on spurious charges.

Bravo! brave soul here. I hope he stays safe.

• 2 weeks later...

Noted that in the International Politics page... which we do have, although few post but me 😭

Come on all you international folk, share your news 🙂

Anyway, it wouldn't surprised me if there was no one on the plane... and in fact, there was no plane! As in good ol' Stalinist USSR, they were probably just rounded up and executed.

I'd say we're at a much lower risk now than we were 18 months ago.  China and Russia have some serious economic issues at the moment, while we're faring better in 2023 than we did in 2022.  When you have those economic issues your priority is to fix your internal struggles rather than try to attack people externally.

On 6/1/2023 at 7:25 PM, Tanooki said:

https://www.allsides.com/media-bias

At what point did your ignorant self absorbed ass not get the memo from the staff to NOT talk to me or about me?  A stalkers life is never done?  I know you're from the SF bay area but enough is enough, I'm not interested, find someone else to get turned on by already.

@Estil  Nearly 3mo now, but wouldn't Ground News also do something like this?

• Love 1

On 8/26/2023 at 6:39 AM, MrWunderful said:

I remember when Daves white knight (tanooki) originally said that the western media is equal to Russian propaganda 😂😂😂😂

Are we still tracking terrible takes? That is still up there. 

*sighs* 

I've been working on my own projects since I've got off work, haven't been on the forums at all, then when I catch up on the topics just now as I'm winding down for bed, I stumble upon this post.

I don't have a white night, certainly don't need one, and certainly never felt that tanooki is white nighting for me. About what? 

Corey, there's no reason to be wording comments such as you did here, "Dave's white knight (tanooki), you're just trying to troll and stir things up for what reason? To try to get a reaction out of people and get them banned? Slow work day and boredom? Living a miserable life and want to pull everyone else into the misery? Have no self identity outside of your political one, hence the need to bother people who don't share the same exact ideology as you? 

Seriously, enough with the harassment, snide remarks and comments, just let me alone.

• Wow! 1
  • Agree 1

On 8/25/2023 at 9:14 PM, Estil said:

And if anyone tries to tell me with a straight face that this was purely an accident that happened by sheer coincidence, well...

Great song, my grandma used to have an album with this on and we'd listen to George quite a bit.

Moderator · Posted
On 8/25/2023 at 5:39 PM, MrWunderful said:

I remember when Daves white knight (tanooki) originally said that the western media is equal to Russian propaganda 😂😂😂😂

Are we still tracking terrible takes? That is still up there. 

We have been very open about putting a stop to posts exactly like this, or temporary bans will be instituted. Please stop the negativity and provocation.