IGNORED

Game & Watch: Super Mario Bros. - Available Now from Many US Retailers

4 minutes ago, phart010 said:

Does anyone have any ideas for a hard case that you can put this in that doesn’t make it much bigger. I’d like to carry this around in my pocket without getting the screen scratched 

I'm sure pdp or or one of the other Nintendo accessory manufactures are going to put some out. They put out carrying case for the classic consoles so far. 

6 hours ago, bowser said:

True there will be some stock issues in the initial days while scalpers make their run. But the current indication is there shouldn't be any shortages overall hopefully.

You called it. These have been in stock all day on Amazon up here and seems like they're readily available elsewhere. Even if they go out of stock at this point there has been more than ample time to grab one which surprises me with this type of specialty product.  

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, JamesRobot said:

So it's a pretty badass little unit.  Based on my initial impressions, I give it 4 1/2 stars.  My only minor complaint is that it doesn't have a kickstand like the OG Game & Watch.  So it doesn't quite fulfill its duty as a stand alone clock. 

FJQlrRu.jpg

Yeah I love the kickstand on the originals.

Is that Mario's Cement Factory? The battery cover appears to be from Snoopy Tennis though if I'm not wrong.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JamesRobot said:

So it's a pretty badass little unit.  Based on my initial impressions, I give it 4 1/2 stars.  My only minor complaint is that it doesn't have a kickstand like the OG Game & Watch.  So it doesn't quite fulfill its duty as a stand alone clock. 

FJQlrRu.jpg

When you put it on clock mode I think it shuts down after a while. I think I remembered it going to sleep after I was watching It for a good while

Events Team · Posted
1 hour ago, bowser said:

Yeah I love the kickstand on the originals.

Is that Mario's Cement Factory? The battery cover appears to be from Snoopy Tennis though if I'm not wrong.

Good eye.  Yeah it's not the original cover.  Cement Factory is an alltime favorite of mine.  @Foochie776 scored it for me a few xmases ago.

I bought one on pick up before they opened at Best Buy but couldn't even get in there until mid-afternoon.  I got curious, saw they only had them for call in/mail in from pre-order, but went across the street to find gamestop (that one) got like 20 of them while the others in the area like BB got very few other than random retail/locations.  Maybe a dick move?  And I never do it, but I picked up a 2nd.  For now it sits on a high shelf while I use the first, but if that hacker dude can unlock the emulator and make it a portable NES I'm all over that.  If not I'll either keep it as it stands or pass it off at cost as I really don't need 2.

I think there are plenty out there as NOA doesn't want another NES CE incident, but even so I guess I'm not surprised seeing scalpers looking for dumb dumbs on amazon as I saw them this morning between $150-200 which is sad.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tanooki said:

I bought one on pick up before they opened at Best Buy but couldn't even get in there until mid-afternoon.  I got curious, saw they only had them for call in/mail in from pre-order, but went across the street to find gamestop (that one) got like 20 of them while the others in the area like BB got very few other than random retail/locations.  Maybe a dick move?  And I never do it, but I picked up a 2nd.  For now it sits on a high shelf while I use the first, but if that hacker dude can unlock the emulator and make it a portable NES I'm all over that.  If not I'll either keep it as it stands or pass it off at cost as I really don't need 2.

I think there are plenty out there as NOA doesn't want another NES CE incident, but even so I guess I'm not surprised seeing scalpers looking for dumb dumbs on amazon as I saw them this morning between $150-200 which is sad.

Which is crazy, because Amazon has its own listing up for 49.99!  😄

• Like 1

That's awesome. I went to Target and couldn't find one. Asked the sales guy and he said sure he reached down and had a sealed box of them. Opens the box and takes one out. Then he proceeds to drop the entire box and all of the games onto the hard floor. When asked if I wanted more than one, I just said "I'll take the one that didn't drop, thanks.". Wow! Got one and hope the rest are ok! Thanks for the heads up! 50$ not including tax.

Edited by oracleoflosangeles

13 hours ago, phart010 said:

I wonder if the Ball game is an NES rom...?

If so then it’s the newest NES game. Next comes Fire Emblem.. Nintendo is on a roll with NES development 

You know you make a hell of a good point.  I've kept up (as of yesterday at least) on the cracking going on with the SMB handheld and a lot has been learned.  The SMB1 and 2j games are spread around the master file in there that ties it all together with the menu, clock, etc.  Ball is in there, and it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to wonder if that is in some way a NES game. Sure it's simulating a segmented LCD game, but given those have a specific set of tiles(segments on the LCD) that are either on or off, it wouldn't be out of the realm, let alone sprite capabilities of the NES to handle.  In recent years they really have been digging on new/translated NES efforts.  Mother, (maybe this), Fire Emblem, and others.

captain has a point, I've been watching the scalpers already lower their prices on my local marketplaces.  They had been trying $80-100, now I've seen $60-70 and given tax+gas and effort I'd call $60 the break even point. 😄  it's nice to see them lose so quickly.

• Like 2