IGNORED

What game are you most looking forward to coming out in 2022?

Makar

24 minutes ago, AstralSoul said:

Am I the only one who is super hyped for Kirby and the Forgotten Land? Looks so promising. 

Other than that, Elden Ring, Pokemon Legends Arceus...and,wow, I actually can't think of anything else I'm excited for. I guess that's it for now but at least that covers through March.

I'm excited for it but Kirby All stars was so bad I can't really be that excited. 

Editorials Team · Posted
2 hours ago, AstralSoul said:

Am I the only one who is super hyped for Kirby and the Forgotten Land? Looks so promising. 

Other than that, Elden Ring, Pokemon Legends Arceus...and,wow, I actually can't think of anything else I'm excited for. I guess that's it for now but at least that covers through March.

At this point I just assume every Kirby game is gonna be passable at best.  I'll be pleasantly surprised if it turns out to be really good.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I honestly can't think of anything other than Pocky & Rocky Reshrined and Monkey Island 3.
Maybe that new game from Yacht Club, it looks cool at least. There doesn't really seem to be any interesting AAA or AAA'ish stuff on the horizon at all.

I tried browsing other posts in the thread, but most games mentioned are either already out, not coming out in 2022, or really uninteresting (or two of the above) 😄 

On 3/29/2022 at 10:41 PM, Estil said:

Anything new regarding Dragon Quest 12 and/or Final Fantasy 16?

If those were coming out in 2022, we'd know by now.

Edited by Sumez

15 minutes ago, Sumez said:

If [DQ12/FF16] were coming out in 2022, we'd know by now.

Oh I'm not asking about release dates exactly I mean if there's any more info on them.  Like any sort of preview clips or whatnot?  I still can't get over how I'm gonna have to buy a whole new $500 system just for those two games 😞  Doesn't seem right...

Editorials Team · Posted
5 hours ago, Estil said:

Oh I'm not asking about release dates exactly I mean if there's any more info on them.  Like any sort of preview clips or whatnot?  I still can't get over how I'm gonna have to buy a whole new $500 system just for those two games 😞  Doesn't seem right...

Expand your horizons 😄

Return to Monkey Island - Ooh, baby! I'm excited for this one. One of my favorite game series of all time gets revisited by the original creator.

TMNT: Shredder's Revenge - I've been waiting so long for a return to the classic TMNT beat-em-up style and the teams behind this seem like genuine fanboys.

VHS - I've actually been able to participate in the closed beta and it is a fantastic game. After the slump the asymm genre has been suffering through lately, it's about time we got a quality, accessible and outright fun game offering.

And, of course, if Breath of the Wild 2 actually comes out this year then yeah, that one too.

Last time I posted Arceus was it.

Looking forward now it's a shell of a year between the TMNT Collection package and then Shredder's Revenge.

With Zelda, Metroid, other notables looking to be 2023 stuff unless something changes, there's nothing I really care to look forward to unless something pops up I really want to mess with.  I'm even largely ignoring LRG now as I see they're just largely preying on people with there re-releases and no refund antics because stuff coming along so so SOOO much later than reasonable I'm finding once stuff does arrive I don't give a shit anymore (anyone want to buy me out of Strife sealed?)

So for me, what I'm looking forward to -- My SuperNt and MegaSg(just got it last week) and the games I've either never played before (largely Sega side) or stuff I've missed for at least 10-15 years.  I know that's a cheat, so be it...old can be new.

For physical releases, the year has already been solid: Rolling Gunner, Dangun Feveron, Ender Lilies, Raiden IV Mikado (PS4), Infernax, Archvale, Sturmwind (switch.)

Waiting on: Ganryu 2, Pocky and Rocky Reshrined, Shredders Revenge, Andros Dunos ll (PS4), Within the Blade, Nongunz (PS4). 

Top Spot - Pocky and Rocky 

Wild Card - Astro Mini V