IGNORED

Beat Every N64 Game - 2022 - 189/303

Splain

17 hours ago, RH said:

It's a game on my backlog challenge.  I've been slooooowly working through it because I refuse to die in the first few stages, I'm only using the blaster AND I want to get all challenge points.  I'm basically banking for future levels.  I'm at Ord Mantell and this one miiiight cost me a life or two because IG-88 is a tough one with just the Blaster.

That being said, if you knock that one out, I won't be offended.  I'll post if I beat it. If I get the fake internet points for it, great!  If not, I'm not worried. I'm on the board with Tetrisphere, so I'm fine.

It is ridiculous how difficult IG-88 is. It is fast, soaks up tons of damage and kills you quickly. I've always had to use heavier ammo to beat him which you really can't do to win the game.

Come to think of it, I may find all the bosses in this game to be that way...

Edited by Nugfish
Typo
  • Agree 1

Events Helper · Posted
1 minute ago, Nugfish said:

It is ridiculous how difficult IG-88 is. It is fast, soaks up tons of damage and kills you quickly. I've always had to use heavier ammo to beat him which you really can't do to win the game.

it can be difficult for sure.  easiest mid bosses are the atst, get under it and shoot lol.

43 minutes ago, Nugfish said:

42 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

it can be difficult for sure.  easiest mid bosses are the atst, get under it and shoot lol.

Basically this.  Most bosses (even the last one) have some sweet spot you can either hide in and just fire away, or they have a blind spot that's not too difficult to stay within.  Even Boba Fett's Slave 1 has a place right between the front blasters where you can stand and just shoot away and his lasers never hit you.  You basically have to be right between them, touching the ship, and once you know of the bug, it's easy to exploit.  I use to take BF out first with seekers, then I'd take out Slave 1 with my blaster, even though it takes foooooreeeeveeeeeer.  But it can be done.

Editorials Team · Posted
On 6/20/2022 at 2:04 PM, Jeevan said:

@LeatherRebel5150 if @Splain corrects your position on the leaderboard will u do another?  😆

AW CRAP

-----------------------

Hey @OptOut the package finally came! Now I'm flush with Japanese games.

-----------------------

I finished Mario Party 3. I probably said this the last time I beat it, but I'm saying it again. (You can all skip this part.) The story mode has you play a handful of normal 4-player board-game Mario-Party rounds, and yeah, there's some dumb RNG you have to deal with there, but that's Mario Party. You can come out on top pretty consistently if you win the mini-games, manage items well, and hide behind someone before shooting into 1st place in the late game. But you also have to play the unholy abomination they call Duel Boards. Those things are the WORST. They have a complex-ish system of "partners" that all have different attack/defense stats and attack styles. You can choose to put them in front of you, behind you, or both if you have two of them. You get a boost if you have 2 of the same partner. You have to pay a "salary" every turn to maintain them. They act as a shield to protect your player's HP, and you have 5. The only thing that matters in this mode is your Hit Points. All coins you earn are spent paying salaries. You can end a game with 999 coins and 4hp, and you'll lose if your opponent has 1 coin and 5hp. It would be a very interesting game mechanic, if EVERYTHING ABOUT THEM WASN'T 100% RANDOM. All of the rules and nuances of their attacks and defenses are completely worthless, lost to being entirely governed by random dice rolls. You VERY LITERALLY just watch the game happen about 98% of the time. Not to mention you can LOSE ALL YOUR COINS or your opponent can GAIN ALL THEIR HP BACK, and it can happen ENTIRELY AT RANDOM AT ANY TIME, THROUGH NO FAULT OF YOUR OWN. These games are 20 turns of literal nonsense that doesn't matter, and you have to play them all to see if you won or not. Didn't win? Try again, change absolutely nothing, and see if the coin flip landed in your favor this time. (Ok ok, there is one board where you actually can choose where you go somewhat, so you can play aggressively or defensively, but the rest of them are HOT GARBAGE.) We sometimes talk about games that "don't respect the player's time," well these Duel Boards disrespect your time HARD. They flip your time off, spit on it, key its car, then create fake social media accounts in your time's name, to do/say weird things to the people familiar with your time.

4/10 would still play it again next year. The normal boards are still fun. You can't do the "set your player to a CPU" trick in this one.

Here's the screenshot.

LjFysae.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

• The title was changed to Beat Every N64 Game - 2022 - 161/303
On 6/20/2022 at 5:04 PM, Jeevan said:

@ZeldaFreak how is the starcraft coming?  😏

@ZeldaFan042 aren't you gonna play?  Tell @BattySalem the wedding can wait 😆  

@Nugfish come on brotha' we need to get in gear me and you!

@KokiriChild you alive?

@Brickman you got another one in ya?  

@LHCGreg do you have Vig 2nd offense?  If so, would be great if u could do that 🙂  If not is there another one you have that isn't beat that you might wanna play?  🥺

@diddles_mcbean do you own another top gear you can knock out?

@LeatherRebel5150 if @Splain corrects your position on the leaderboard will u do another?  😆

@Matchbook splain didn't forget one of yours did he?  If not, pop one in so after he updates the leaderboard he will have to do it again!

@Tantalus nice clear, do the second best racing game in diddy's?  

@Gloves if tantalus says no could you do it?

@themisfit138 you working on one?

@Galdius i passed up, u gonna try to take the top spot?  if so get on it!

@McBryce try another racer, or something that is actually fun 😆

@Reed Rothchild if i send you a brawler controller will you play buck bumble?  🥺

@Redmond are you secretly beating a game?

@Red If i send you a money order will you clear another?

@RH are u even trying Star wars?  If so, update?  It's a good game and i might get the hankering if u don't beat it soon 😉  

@OptOut you got anything you wanna contribute, i know u has all the games.....play one!

@PuppyWaffles u got another in the console already?

@MegaMan52 do u n64 anymore since the gamecube came out?  

Time to make a big push if we can boys!  Let's do this, someone pick something and beat it!  we are over halfway, but we need to start making a big ole' push to complete some of these, yes i know ogre battle is still there 😒

Reporting for duty. I'll try to take down the first Rally soon!

• Love 1

On 6/20/2022 at 6:04 PM, Jeevan said:

@Galdius i passed up, u gonna try to take the top spot?  if so get on it!

Time to make a big push if we can boys!  Let's do this, someone pick something and beat it!  we are over halfway, but we need to start making a big ole' push to complete some of these, yes i know ogre battle is still there 😒

I really should get back to the N64.

I was trying to beat a few games on other consoles during the last couple months.
I'll try to get back to the 64 soon.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Events Helper · Posted
7 minutes ago, Brickman said:

Geez you're on fire! I'm hoping to knock off Quake 1 tonight. Have about 7 levels left.

ya, im trying to pick off the "easier" ones to boost the numbers and draw some attention, although i spent way too much time on mace, that game sucks imo 😆

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

ya, im trying to pick off the "easier" ones to boost the numbers and draw some attention, although i spent way too much time on mace, that game sucks imo 😆

Never played it but it does look awful haha. Yeah we're going to really have to start tackling some of the big guns soon if we want to get it completed.

Body Harvest sounds interesting so I may look at that one, but we still have stuff like Jet Force Gemini, Aidyn Chronicles, Earthworm Jim and Space Station Silicon Valley. Those games are pretty long.

I tried Turok but the controls are a mess haha. Seemed like a cool game but I don't know if I have the time or patience right now to reprogram my brain haha.

• Like 1

Events Helper · Posted
Just now, Brickman said:

Never played it but it does look awful haha. Yeah we're going to really have to start tackling some of the big guns soon if we want to get it completed.

Body Harvest sounds interesting so I may look at that one, but we still have stuff like Jet Force Gemini, Aidyn Chronicles, Earthworm Jim and Space Station Silicon Valley. Those games are pretty long.

I tried Turok but the controls are a mess haha. Seemed like a cool game but I don't know if I have the time or patience right now to reprogram my brain haha.

@Splain is/was working on aidyn

• Like 2

Events Team · Posted
1 hour ago, Brickman said:

@ZeldaFreak want to do Jet Force Gemini after Starcraft. I hear it's nice and easy and not annoying at all 🤭

1 hour ago, Jeevan said:

oof, new development on that front, i will let him tell ya lol

20220703_143539.jpg

I swear I didn't break it on purpose so I wouldn't have to play Starcraft

giphy.gif

• Wow! 2