IGNORED

Beat Every N64 Game - 2022 - 189/303

Splain

Events Team · Posted
51 minutes ago, Brickman said:

ouch! You should just say you damaged your hand from playing Starcraft 64, that would be hardcore 😆

Hm, good idea... first bone break I or anyone in my immediate family has ever gone through. Boxer's fracture, meaning fractured fifth metacarpal. Pretty minor from what I've gathered so I should be alright in about a month or so. Just gotta see if I'll need any physical therapy or anything, or if I'll just be good to go once it's healed.

• The title was changed to Beat Every N64 Game - 2022 - 168/303
Events Helper · Posted

Finally got a clean run in on Knife Edge Nose Gunner!

pDJpIFX.jpg

Very fun game for an auto scroller.  Very unforgiving as well if u die.  Puts you back with no upgrades to your main weapon which is very helpful on defeating all the bosses quicker.

• Like 6

On 7/9/2022 at 1:51 PM, Jeevan said:

Finally got a clean run in on Knife Edge Nose Gunner!

pDJpIFX.jpg

Very fun game for an auto scroller.  Very unforgiving as well if u die.  Puts you back with no upgrades to your main weapon which is very helpful on defeating all the bosses quicker.

Agreed. Surprisingly good gameplay, but you almost have to no-death-run it.

• Like 2

• The title was changed to Beat Every N64 Game - 2022 - 170/303
Events Team · Posted

i promise I'll crank through Starcraft once my hand's in good shape again. I just want to be able to grip a controller properly since I point blank refuse to play that game with keyboard, haha. I may knock out a couple smaller games in the meantime that I can play reasonably well with keyboard though.

• Like 1

I saw Golden Nugget was unchecked so I played through that. I think I did that one years ago but don’t remember, and Im not sure about the “beat” conditions. If its just win at least one hand in each game, then I finished it. If its to get more money total than the cpus in each game, then not done. If its option one I don’t really know what to take pictures of so I didn’t 

• Like 3

Events Helper · Posted
On 12/29/2021 at 12:43 AM, Splain said:

Golden Nugget 64 2 Win once at each of the 10 games

1 hour ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

I saw Golden Nugget was unchecked so I played through that. I think I did that one years ago but don’t remember, and Im not sure about the “beat” conditions. If its just win at least one hand in each game, then I finished it. If its to get more money total than the cpus in each game, then not done. If its option one I don’t really know what to take pictures of so I didn’t 

• The title was changed to Beat Every N64 Game - 2022 - 173/303

Bomber Man 64: The Second Attack is done. I ended up getting the good ending, because why not. This is the first time I've played it, and it took me somewhere between 10-15 hours to beat.

eXQPnr7m.jpgDbY5icTm.jpg3qiWuKgm.jpgOpOKtGlm.jpg

I don't play the N64 much. Before this year, the last N64 game I beat was Paper Mario in 2005. I spent nearly an hour resuscitating my N64 before it would play anything, but I finally got it working again.

The Second Attack is certainly not worth the price it commands these days, but it's not too shabby. Each defeated boss gives you a different type of bomb with a different elemental effect. Later stages become more and more puzzle heavy with more and more backtracking to make use these new types of bombs. It can get tiresome, but it's at least it's not too egregious. 

Bosses are mostly easy as well. However, I had a hell of a time with the last bit of the game.

Spoiler

There is a difficult bit at the end where you have to win a battle that, if you lose and continue, (allegedly) gets you the bad ending automatically. After that, you have to adjust the height of the lava using regular bombs and then slowly create an ice bridge with ice bombs to two different rooms to deactivate a device. The lava does lower if you take too long. Finally, after that, there is another ice bridge to make and three bosses to beat, with the last (the one in the top-left screenshot) being a tanky RNG machine. If you lose, you get kicked back to the second boss, who can also be a hassle, especially without power-ups. It took me several hours and loooooots of continues to finally beat the last stage.

7/10. On a side note, this game has several different battle modes with both classic and 3D stages. I could see someone giving this game a higher grade if they factor the battle mode into the scoring.

• Like 7

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I AM OFFICIALLY GIVING UP ON SHADOWS OF THE EMPIRE!

I'm too old and Medium is too hard at the amount of time I have to dedicate to it. I've not been able to pick up an N64 controller in months, and it takes to much muscle memory retraining to get good at this for me.

Yeah, I suck.

• Haha 2