IGNORED

Happy Thanksgiving America!

Jeevan

Events Helper · Posted

Welcome to yet another celebration!

happy-thanksgiving-turkey-american-flag-45044646.jpg

Time for another puzzle boys and girls!  Hope you all had fun last time with it.  Let's get to the meat and potatoes of the contest.  Hold on a sec. let me get the rule.....

color-spiral.gif

turkey-gun.gif

Time to kick it in to high gear here.  Your objective is to survive as long as possible as, you guessed it, a Turkey!!!!

Play Turkey Got Guts!

https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/518417

Highest score wins.  Make sure to take your score at the death screen.  Should be in the bottom right corner!  Scores are due from time of posting until November 28, 2021 at 11:59pm EST.

The prizes are as follows:

1st Place:  $25 amazon gift card or cash equivalent

2nd Place:  $20 Amazon gift card or cash equivalent

3rd place:  $15 amazon gift card or cash equivalent

Enjoy, have fun and Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

This is interesting. It looks like House of the Dead with a turkey.

I frigggin love house of the dead. My wii crapped out a while back and I miss having an in home house of the dead. Will def have to check this out. 

Also, kudos to jeevie for the turkeys with firearms image. Cracked me up hard. 

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

I frigggin love house of the dead. My wii crapped out a while back and I miss having an in home house of the dead. Will def have to check this out. 

Also, kudos to jeevie for the turkeys with firearms image. Cracked me up hard. 

Light gun games are awesome. Nothing beats playing them in the arcade though.

23 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Light gun games are awesome. Nothing beats playing them in the arcade though.

Totally agree. Hate that lethal enforcers console versions suck. In law school I had my crtv in a big old entertainment center and it sat about chest high. And with it being wireless, you can pick the right difference in distance to the tv. One cheap wii disk had house of the dead 2 and 3 and with the tv at the perfext height, it was very true to the arcade experience. Highly recommended

1 minute ago, NESfiend said:

Totally agree. Hate that lethal enforcers console versions suck. In law school I had my crtv in a big old entertainment center and it sat about chest high. And with it being wireless, you can pick the right difference in distance to the tv. One cheap wii disk had house of the dead 2 and 3 and with the tv at the perfext height, it was very true to the arcade experience. Highly recommended

Did you try Lethal Enforcers I & II on the PlayStation? I wondered if they were better than the Genesis/Sega CD versions. I had House of the Dead 2 for the Dreamcast, but never played it on the Wii. I might actually like Time Crisis series best of all. Those are really fun to play in the arcade.

3 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Did you try Lethal Enforcers I & II on the PlayStation? I wondered if they were better than the Genesis/Sega CD versions. I had House of the Dead 2 for the Dreamcast, but never played it on the Wii. I might actually like Time Crisis series best of all. Those are really fun to play in the arcade.

Only lethal enforcers games I have played are snes. Dont have a Playstation. I didnt know house of the dead games were on dreamcast. Ill be on ebay within the hour. 

I haven't played enough time crisis to give it a fair shake and should. My brother loves it. I got him the first console game (cant remember which it was) with the gun cib and pretty years back. One of my better gift finds and we go hard every xmas because no one else gives us gaming stuff

I am saying "Bah! Humbug..." to this holiday! And to X'mas, where I had help getting an apartment in the Nakano portion of Tokyo. Which means no affordable CIB games for you guys the reasons why I need to be there! But I digress... Good luck to those willing to do this. Because as future Jeevan would say, "I have spoken (and hope somebody heard me speak)." 🍺

8 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

Only lethal enforcers games I have played are snes. Dont have a Playstation. I didnt know house of the dead games were on dreamcast. Ill be on ebay within the hour. 

I haven't played enough time crisis to give it a fair shake and should. My brother loves it. I got him the first console game (cant remember which it was) with the gun cib and pretty years back. One of my better gift finds and we go hard every xmas because no one else gives us gaming stuff

I never had the SNES version of Lethal Enforcers. I had the Sega CD versions of I and II, which weren't bad. You should definitely give the Time Crisis games a chance. The arcade versions are awesome if you have any arcades near you.  

• Like 1

Events Helper · Posted
1 hour ago, MegaMan52 said:

newgroundsplayererror.jpg.c2ac06061df1f69e861f8c3755f3976a.jpg

So I got this when I tried starting the game...

newgroundsplayerworking.jpg.e1034a320b98d53a0ab7d5cb1b1eb803.jpg

...Then I typed ?emulate=flash into the site address and now it works. Weird.

I downloaded the newgrounds player, which looks to be what @the_wizard_666 did as well.

Edit:  NM, that looks to be what you did initially?

On 11/23/2021 at 11:03 AM, Jeevan said:

I downloaded the newgrounds player, which looks to be what @the_wizard_666 did as well.

Edit:  NM, that looks to be what you did initially?

Yep. No big deal; I can still play as long as I include ?emulate=flash in the address bar.

Edited by MegaMan52
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, the_wizard_666 said:

So if noone else competes, do I get all the prizes? 😛

Seriously though people, this only takes a few minutes, give it a whirl.  It brings back memories of the late '90s internet 😛

My brother and I plan to get a few rounds in thanksgiving day. Not sure if he will post a score, but I def will. Id love to wish that guarantees a podium, but no way. Theres a handful of people who always play in these. If people are willing to do puzzles, they will do a quick run at this. Looks fun!

Edited by NESfiend
  • Haha 1

Administrator · Posted
11 minutes ago, the_wizard_666 said:

So if noone else competes, do I get all the prizes? 😛

Seriously though people, this only takes a few minutes, give it a whirl.  It brings back memories of the late '90s internet 😛

If I compete and win does nobody get any prizes? 😏

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, NESfiend said:

My brother and I plan to get a few rounds in thanksgiving day. Not sure if he will post a score, but I def will. Id love to wish that guarantees a podium, but no way. Theres a handful of people who always play in these. If people are willing to do puzzles, they will do a quick run at this. Looks fun!

If you're good at light gun games, you should do fine once you get used to using the mouse to shoot. It didn't take me long at all to get the hang of it.