IGNORED

Happy Thanksgiving America!

Jeevan

Events Team · Posted

Welcome to yet another celebration!

happy-thanksgiving-turkey-american-flag-45044646.jpg

Time for another puzzle boys and girls!  Hope you all had fun last time with it.  Let's get to the meat and potatoes of the contest.  Hold on a sec. let me get the rule.....

color-spiral.gif

turkey-gun.gif

Time to kick it in to high gear here.  Your objective is to survive as long as possible as, you guessed it, a Turkey!!!!

Play Turkey Got Guts!

https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/518417

Highest score wins.  Make sure to take your score at the death screen.  Should be in the bottom right corner!  Scores are due from time of posting until November 28, 2021 at 11:59pm EST.

The prizes are as follows:

1st Place:  $25 amazon gift card or cash equivalent

2nd Place:  $20 Amazon gift card or cash equivalent

3rd place:  $15 amazon gift card or cash equivalent

Enjoy, have fun and Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Member · Posted
9 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

This is interesting. It looks like House of the Dead with a turkey.

I frigggin love house of the dead. My wii crapped out a while back and I miss having an in home house of the dead. Will def have to check this out. 

Also, kudos to jeevie for the turkeys with firearms image. Cracked me up hard. 

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

I frigggin love house of the dead. My wii crapped out a while back and I miss having an in home house of the dead. Will def have to check this out. 

Also, kudos to jeevie for the turkeys with firearms image. Cracked me up hard. 

Light gun games are awesome. Nothing beats playing them in the arcade though.

Member · Posted
23 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Light gun games are awesome. Nothing beats playing them in the arcade though.

Totally agree. Hate that lethal enforcers console versions suck. In law school I had my crtv in a big old entertainment center and it sat about chest high. And with it being wireless, you can pick the right difference in distance to the tv. One cheap wii disk had house of the dead 2 and 3 and with the tv at the perfext height, it was very true to the arcade experience. Highly recommended

1 minute ago, NESfiend said:

Totally agree. Hate that lethal enforcers console versions suck. In law school I had my crtv in a big old entertainment center and it sat about chest high. And with it being wireless, you can pick the right difference in distance to the tv. One cheap wii disk had house of the dead 2 and 3 and with the tv at the perfext height, it was very true to the arcade experience. Highly recommended

Did you try Lethal Enforcers I & II on the PlayStation? I wondered if they were better than the Genesis/Sega CD versions. I had House of the Dead 2 for the Dreamcast, but never played it on the Wii. I might actually like Time Crisis series best of all. Those are really fun to play in the arcade.

Member · Posted
3 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Did you try Lethal Enforcers I & II on the PlayStation? I wondered if they were better than the Genesis/Sega CD versions. I had House of the Dead 2 for the Dreamcast, but never played it on the Wii. I might actually like Time Crisis series best of all. Those are really fun to play in the arcade.

Only lethal enforcers games I have played are snes. Dont have a Playstation. I didnt know house of the dead games were on dreamcast. Ill be on ebay within the hour. 

I haven't played enough time crisis to give it a fair shake and should. My brother loves it. I got him the first console game (cant remember which it was) with the gun cib and pretty years back. One of my better gift finds and we go hard every xmas because no one else gives us gaming stuff

I am saying "Bah! Humbug..." to this holiday! And to X'mas, where I had help getting an apartment in the Nakano portion of Tokyo. Which means no affordable CIB games for you guys the reasons why I need to be there! But I digress... Good luck to those willing to do this. Because as future Jeevan would say, "I have spoken (and hope somebody heard me speak)." 🍺

8 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

Only lethal enforcers games I have played are snes. Dont have a Playstation. I didnt know house of the dead games were on dreamcast. Ill be on ebay within the hour. 

I haven't played enough time crisis to give it a fair shake and should. My brother loves it. I got him the first console game (cant remember which it was) with the gun cib and pretty years back. One of my better gift finds and we go hard every xmas because no one else gives us gaming stuff

I never had the SNES version of Lethal Enforcers. I had the Sega CD versions of I and II, which weren't bad. You should definitely give the Time Crisis games a chance. The arcade versions are awesome if you have any arcades near you.  

• Like 1

Events Team · Posted
1 hour ago, MegaMan52 said:

newgroundsplayererror.jpg.c2ac06061df1f69e861f8c3755f3976a.jpg

So I got this when I tried starting the game...

newgroundsplayerworking.jpg.e1034a320b98d53a0ab7d5cb1b1eb803.jpg

...Then I typed ?emulate=flash into the site address and now it works. Weird.

I downloaded the newgrounds player, which looks to be what @the_wizard_666 did as well.

Edit:  NM, that looks to be what you did initially?

On 11/23/2021 at 11:03 AM, Jeevan said:

I downloaded the newgrounds player, which looks to be what @the_wizard_666 did as well.

Edit:  NM, that looks to be what you did initially?

Yep. No big deal; I can still play as long as I include ?emulate=flash in the address bar.

Edited by MegaMan52
  • Like 1

Member · Posted
8 minutes ago, the_wizard_666 said:

So if noone else competes, do I get all the prizes? 😛

Seriously though people, this only takes a few minutes, give it a whirl.  It brings back memories of the late '90s internet 😛

My brother and I plan to get a few rounds in thanksgiving day. Not sure if he will post a score, but I def will. Id love to wish that guarantees a podium, but no way. Theres a handful of people who always play in these. If people are willing to do puzzles, they will do a quick run at this. Looks fun!

Edited by NESfiend
  • Haha 1

Administrator · Posted
11 minutes ago, the_wizard_666 said:

Seriously though people, this only takes a few minutes, give it a whirl.  It brings back memories of the late '90s internet 😛

If I compete and win does nobody get any prizes? 😏

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, the_wizard_666 said:

I'll probably give it a try on Thanksgiving before the football games come on.

12 hours ago, NESfiend said:

My brother and I plan to get a few rounds in thanksgiving day. Not sure if he will post a score, but I def will. Id love to wish that guarantees a podium, but no way. Theres a handful of people who always play in these. If people are willing to do puzzles, they will do a quick run at this. Looks fun!

If you're good at light gun games, you should do fine once you get used to using the mouse to shoot. It didn't take me long at all to get the hang of it.

• Jeevan unpinned this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Welcome to VGS!

Play, Make, Collect.

Here at VGS all kinds of gamers are welcome, and that includes you!

Join the conversation!

• Similar Content

• By Jeevan
      Come one, Come all to the next installment of VGS annual contests!!!!!!
      Feel like a drink?  Well so do the many patrons you will be serving!  Will you get blasted in the face or will you choose the right beverage that the bandit did not shake?
      Come take a crack at mixing up some beverages for the patrons that come in to your establishment.  What's the deal you ask?  Well the deal is, whoever can get the highest reputation(points) will be crowned the Mixology Champ!!!!!
      Challenge:  Play 1 player Tapper on the Atari 2600.  Must have the system set to P1 novice.  The following controls for the online emulator should look like the following:

The yellow circled button is how you choose P1 Expert or Novice.  Make sure it is in the position above!
      Other than that, you need to serve as many patrons as possible!  The highest score wins.  
      Following additional rules apply:
      The contest ends Sunday, 3/21/2021 at 11 PM VGS time.  Your user name MUST be written or typed on a piece of paper and be in the picture for your score to be valid.  The entire TV screen, or computer monitor if you are playing on an emulator, MUST be in the picture for the score to be valid.  No partial screenshots will be considered or accepted.  No screenshots by hitting "print screen" on a computer will be allowed.  You must take a picture of your computer monitor.  There may be instances where this will be acceptable, but it will be at the discretion of myself and the contest organizers.  Also, the use of turbo controllers is forbidden, as well as any cheat codes, Game Genies, slow motion functions, or save states if playing on an emulator.  Also, we will only be using NTSC systems for the contests.  The use of PAL systems will NOT be allowed.  Good luck everyone and have fun.

Play Tapper for Atari 2600 on P1 Novice.
      Play until Game over and the "beverages" are flashing empty/full.
      Take a picture and ping ole' Jeevy with an @Jeevan and harass him to update the scoreboard
      Highest Score wins the top prize!!!!
      Help ole' Jeevy keep track. If he doesn't update your score let him know! 🙂
      Contest starts at 7am EST(aka VGS time) 3/14/2021.
      Enjoy and have fun!!!!

Prize(s):  1st place $25 amazon gift card
                     2nd place $15 amazon gift card
                     3rd place $10 amazon gift card
    • By Jeevan
      Come one, come all, this is the first of hopefully many annual vgs holiday events!  
      The Valentine's Day challenge is one that may make or break you.  To compete you must be willing to put yourself through a bit of stress and challenge yourself to have some willpower. 
      As the chubby cherub, you sure do like to eat.  But the problem is, good ole' Jeeves is trying to get you fit enough for Valentine's day.  He has a prize for you if you can do it!
      Challenge:
      Play 1 player chubby cherub.  This can be on emulator or cart, but all rules apply from the nes weekly and other contests.  I.E. the following:
      The contest ends Sunday, 2/14/2021 at 11 PM VGS time.  Your user name MUST be written or typed on a piece of paper and be in the picture for your score to be valid.  The entire TV screen, or computer monitor if you are playing on an emulator, MUST be in the picture for the score to be valid.  No partial screenshots will be considered or accepted.  No screenshots by hitting "print screen" on a computer will be allowed.  You must take a picture of your computer monitor.  There may be instances where this will be acceptable, but it will be at the discretion of myself and the contest organizers.  Also, the use of turbo controllers is forbidden, as well as any cheat codes, Game Genies, slow motion functions, or save states if playing on an emulator.  Also, we will only be using NTSC systems for the contests.  The use of PAL systems will NOT be allowed.  Good luck everyone and have fun.
      The goal is to beat all the stages on chubby cherub and have the lowest score.  This means you will have to have some willpower not to eat all the grapes, apples, ice-cream, rice and cakes throughout the levels.  Lollypops should be avoided as much as you can.  Now that being said, you will have to eat some or you will shrivel up and die.  So the objective is to find the happy medium and stay fit enough for your Valentine's day sweetie .  
      Play Chubby Cherub on 1 player mode
      Play until Game Over or you beat Level 12.
      Take a picture and share here in this thread.
      Furthest progression with the lowest score wins the contest!
      Contest starts at the time of posting!!!!
      Good luck and enjoy!!!!

Prize(s):  1st place $25 amazon gift card
                     2nd place $15 amazon gift card
                     3rd place $10 amazon gift card
    • By Deadeye
      HoHoHoHo!  Spreading the holiday cheer for you all.  We had a impromptu chiptune contest running and the submissions have  closed.  Now is the fun part, all of you get to listen to their efforts and vote on your favorite chiptune entry.  Poll votes are not public, but feel free to discuss about the tunes or even say which one you voted for if you wish in this thread.  Voting closes on 12/24/2020 at 11:59 VGS time.  The contest was mostly for fun and holiday cheer, but first and second place get prizes.  

Playlist (make sure to scroll in the window to play all the chiptunes)
      Direct Link: https://soundcloud.com/deadeye_bit/sets/vgs-2020-xmas-chiptunes/s-ZdvJoSE7hTp
      Carol by @spacepup
      12 Days of Christmas: Chiptune Euro Style by @Famicuber
      Rudolph the R-Type Reindeer Chiptune by @CasualCart
      Santa's Coming For Us by @zi
      8 Bit by @TWarwick07
      Very Merry Holiday Cheer by @ZeldaFreak
      The primary submission was the chiptunes and that is what you are voting on, but a couple entries submitted bonus items for your enjoyment.
      Famicuber made the entry into a NES ROM and it playable on your emulator or flash cart.  ROM file attached to post. Casual Cart made the entry into an animated video with lyrics.  Link here  
      VGS12DaysDemo.nes
    • By Deadeye
      Announcing an impromptu chiptune (think 8-bit music) contest.  Experienced music artist, amateur, or never dabbled before, all welcomed.  There is a prize, but this is mostly for fun / holiday cheer.
      The Particulars:
      You can use any software to compose, track, or record your chiptune as long as it can export a playable file (.NSF, MP3, WAV, etc) Here is a free web based one: https://onlinesequencer.net This is more subjective, but the theme to be holiday / Christmas You can limit to what can play on a NES, Master System, or other 8-bit console / computer, but it is not required. EDIT: Collaborations are okay (only one prize though) Submission:
      Submissions are open now until 12/20 @ 11:59 PM VGS Time.   You can submit one entry. You can edit or replace your entry during the open period of submissions, or get feedback, but only one entry at time of close.   Voting:
      Following the submission period, an embedded playlist of the chiptunes will be made and a corresponding poll open until 12/24 @ 11:59 PM VGS Time. Voting is open to all VGS members. Prize:
      Choice of either 8-Bit XMAS 2020 cart or $25 Amazon Gift Card
    • By JVOSS
      Good Day All,
      So recently i was challenged to find a way to give a high priced game away for free.  The rules are simple.  Come up with an unique idea that will allow the most people to participate in a contest and the winner would receive this game. However they are not allowed to know what the games title was.  I first thought of a lottery but that was very lame, then I thought of a high score contest but so 1980's.  Maybe a scavenger hunt but there again 1980's.
      I asking all of you to help with this process.  the following is what is see are hurdles or difficult to administer.
      1) visibility must be highly visible (should be drawing in people from other areas)
      2) participation must be high over 50
      3) Time frame - not to short and not to long as people may get board.
      3) Must be game related (no not the one given away)
      4) who will oversee..
      Finally as this may be categorized as gambling the the rules of 21 and over (US regulations) need to be (only) considered, as the value is over $200.