IGNORED

MinusWorlds.com debuts Tuesday- Thank You!

Dan64

Moderator · Posted
3 minutes ago, fcgamer said:

So you are saying the agenda of the others is to shut down the grading houses to bring prices down to what they were 20 years ago, do I understand correctly?

I’m saying, that is something that a large group of people would enjoy, and some in that group are definitely pushing some conspiracy theories and won’t listen to anything that goes against that. 

3 minutes ago, tidaldreams said:

Thanks to this website, I've learned that my pricing is actually quite competitive with the rest of the grading market 🤣 i've already uploaded 20+ games, which is like 5% of all available games, and will continue to do so 😄

Let us know how you get on with the sales, PLZ! 🙂

2 minutes ago, tidaldreams said:

are we talkin' bout this guy

Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance: Jeff Probst names the former players that  refused to come back | EW.com

Oh no, is that a Jeff? I hate Jeffs. 😒

• Haha 2

We did go ahead and post an article on No Rev-A and Circle Rev-A, please do not hesitate to correct any mistakes we made. @OptOut I look forward to your feedback so we can learn from it 🙂

NES: No Rev-A & Circle Rev-A

https://minusworlds.com/knowledgecenterdetails?bid=41&cid=2

Edited by Dan64
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Dan64 said:

We did go ahead and post an article on No Rev-A and Circle Rev-A, please do not hesitate to correct any mistakes we made. @OptOut I look forward to your feedback so we can learn from it 🙂

NES: No Rev-A & Circle Rev-A

https://minusworlds.com/knowledgecenterdetails?bid=41&cid=2

I have downloaded all the guides for future reference, thanks! 🙂

One genuine problem I have had with the site that is really bugging me is when I scroll down, the search bar kinda bumps down as well and cuts off the top of items on the top of the page? Not sure if I'm explaining it right, but it's like this:

image.png.38c5be0de4e67422cca16a677a1f5003.png

Then I scroll down and it's like this:

image.png.dd606a0fe63bce8ab2f9e8838c906b9c.png

Like, you understand what I mean? I scroll down just a little and I loose all the content at the top of the page, it's a little annoying, can you change that? THANKEE! 😗

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, OptOut said:

I have downloaded all the guides for future reference, thanks! 🙂

One genuine problem I have had with the site that is really bugging me is when I scroll down, the search bar kinda bumps down as well and cuts off the top of items on the top of the page? Not sure if I'm explaining it right, but it's like this:

image.png.38c5be0de4e67422cca16a677a1f5003.png

Then I scroll down and it's like this:

image.png.dd606a0fe63bce8ab2f9e8838c906b9c.png

Like, you understand what I mean? I scroll down just a little and I loose all the content at the top of the page, it's a little annoying, can you change that? THANKEE! 😗

Yes, it is so the top portion is there in case you want to click on another category. I was debating if we should go without. Thoughts? Want the top to go with you or scroll without? 

Just now, Dan64 said:

Yes, it is so the top portion is there in case you want to click on another category. I was debating if we should go without. Thoughts? Want the top to go with you or scroll without? 

Well, the big problem I had is it seems very sensitive, so you just scroll down like a TINY bit and it chops off the top of the screen. Also it is a BIG area, like a good 25% portion of the usable area of the page is obscured.

Personally, I would prefer it to be a lot thinner, and a little less jumpy, so it gives you more chance to inspect items at the top of the page without it immediately obscuring the area.

6 minutes ago, OptOut said:

Well, the big problem I had is it seems very sensitive, so you just scroll down like a TINY bit and it chops off the top of the screen. Also it is a BIG area, like a good 25% portion of the usable area of the page is obscured.

Personally, I would prefer it to be a lot thinner, and a little less jumpy, so it gives you more chance to inspect items at the top of the page without it immediately obscuring the area.

I can't disagree. I will see what the developers can do about it 👍

• Thanks 1

On 11/28/2021 at 6:07 AM, jonebone said:

Real question, can anyone clarify how to see sold listings?  I tried advanced search clicking sold to see all and I see nothing.  Haven't created an account though, do you have to be logged in?

Go to the bottom until you see the Recent Sold tab or use the <> arrows.

Question for MW owner: When browsing the sold listings as a non-member and clicking on a random listing. Where is the sold date?

12 hours ago, AnimalHouse said:

Go to the bottom until you see the Recent Sold tab or use the <> arrows.

Question for MW owner: When browsing the sold listings as a non-member and clicking on a random listing. Where is the sold date?

There currently is no sold date. We haven't displayed sale data as we should but that is because we are working on an overall sales data from many auction houses to display all sales as a full category. We have the format down and working with developers, I expect we will be able to have this free on our site in first quarter 

• Thanks 1

We had noticed that many items were being posted for same of Ebay etc so we decided to listen to the clients. We are switching out fee structure. Instead of a baked in fee that has the buyer paying the fees, we have gone to a seller fee structure. 

Seller Fees

12% < 20k

10%< 20-99.9

7% > 100k

And to celebrate this, we are waiving the 3% credit card fee for 24 hours. 

Our sellers all have been made of the change so while a few priced accordingly, most prices starting right now are 15% cheaper. 

Thank you for the overwhelming support and feedback. We are getting there day by day 

-Dan

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Wow! 1
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, inasuma said:

Sounds like the fees for sellers are taken out of the buy price similar to eBay. Hopefully I’m not misinterpreting that lol

Yeah, I mean I kinda get that, based on what Dan said, but what I'm trying to figure out is what that would look like from the seller's POV... Okay so let me think then, brain engage!

So, originally if you were a seller and you wanted 100 bucks for your game, you would get that and the buyer would pay 115. Now, you want 100 bucks for your game, and it is listed at that, but you only receive 88 bucks for the sale.

So, presumably, sellers will try to take that into account with their listings from this point on and work their cut into the sale price of the game, so you would I guess want to list your 100 dollar item at 113 in order to cover the charge? Or you could just eat it and have a more competitive price on the site.

Either way, this DOES address one of my original criticisms of the business model, which was lumping all the additional fees onto the BUYER. So I am quite pleased to see this change! 🙂

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, OptOut said:

What does the change mean? I'm actually confused, lol! How does that play out for you as a seller?

Dan changed the fee structure so you essentially enter the list price (instead of the net price). So when this went live, if no one paid attention to the email (which it seems like is what happened), everything was essentially 15% off.

• Wow! 1

4 minutes ago, tidaldreams said:

Dan changed the fee structure so you essentially enter the list price (instead of the net price). So when this went live, if no one paid attention to the email (which it seems like is what happened), everything was essentially 15% off.

What, you mean like a bunch of sellers are gonna get less money than they expected for their games? 🤔 (If they actually manage to sell at all, I mean!😅)

13 hours ago, OptOut said:

What, you mean like a bunch of sellers are gonna get less money than they expected for their games? 🤔 (If they actually manage to sell at all, I mean!😅)

We did contact nearly every single seller and had them confirm they understood the change that was taking place. I believe out of just shy of 100 sellers, 1 did not get back to us and we deactivated their two listings to ensure no one was charged a fee or unable to adjust their pricing due to the change.

Changes like these are rare, but I would rather react quickly to the feedback of our sellers than to drag it on. 

We noticed people were listing the same on our site than on ebay etc we believe to not understanding the structure. 

At end of all this, it was about doing what was right. Also about lowering our fee. Potentially on any transaction from 3-8% less. 

And yes optout, there has been plenty of sales contrary to your positive outlook and support 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

• 9 months later...