IGNORED

What is the most objectively universally objectionable game?

GPX

Events Team · Posted
1 minute ago, Estil said:

I didn't say anything about Dr. Mario one way or the other...other than showing I am aware of it 😄 

The worst that you are aware of.  Just as @NostalgicMachine mentioned. 

Wait.  There's two of you? @NostalgicMachine or @Nostalgic Machine.  I feel like we need a face off.  Highlander style.  There can be only one!

3 hours ago, JamesRobot said:

The worst that you are aware of.  Just as @NostalgicMachine mentioned. 

Wait.  There's two of you? @NostalgicMachine or @Nostalgic Machine.  I feel like we need a face off.  Highlander style.  There can be only one!

Yes one is 3 screw one is 5 screw!

I'm definitely both accounts, dudes; I think I made one forever ago and totally spaced it. I assure you they're me; this is my main the other can be cleared by a Mod if needed.

• Haha 1

Events Team · Posted
7 hours ago, NostalgicMachine said:

Also how is Dr. Mario the worst game ever? What am I missing here?

Pretty much everyone agrees.  Objectively the worst.  And not at all because I suck at it and can't play it to save my life.  It's clearly broken. 

Tunes are good though.  I'll give it that.

47 minutes ago, JamesRobot said:

Pretty much everyone agrees.  Objectively the worst.  And not at all because I suck at it and can't play it to save my life.  It's clearly broken. 

I must have missed the memo, because I personally always enjoyed Dr. Mario LOL 😎.

2 hours ago, JamesRobot said:

I'd rather play Dr. Mario for 40 hours straight than play through Earthbound again. 🤮

• Haha 1

As someone who enjoys falling block puzzle games A LOT, I think Dr. Mario is lackluster in the genre. Not saying it fits in this post or anything, but since we’re discussing it…

The music is top notch, but idk even in a high tension game/level it’s still just kinda boring. It’s certainly no Puyo, or hell, even Tetris. This might get me crucified but I like Wario’s Woods more. I actually like that game a lot.

I think Nintendo nailed making their own tile matching puzzle game with Panel de Pon/Puzzle League.

Edited by Strange
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, Strange said:

As someone who enjoys falling block puzzle games A LOT, I think Dr. Mario is lackluster in the genre. Not saying it fits in this post or anything, but since we’re discussing it…

The music is top notch, but idk even in a high tension game/level it’s still just kinda boring. It’s certainly no Puyo, or hell, even Tetris. This might get me crucified but I like Wario’s Woods more. I actually like that game a lot.

I think Nintendo nailed making their own tile matching puzzle game with Panel de Pon/Puzzle League.

Well it won't be my nails and wood to do the job, I've had decades to reflect on it and I agree.  Dr Mario is dr mediocre.  I never like gushed over it either, maybe differing reasons, but I didn't like the full bottle because of how the pill drops/rotation worked, almost seemed random despite the speed towards the high end and it just got grating and boring equally so.  It's why I still own Tetris, I don't own Dr Mario.  Wario Woods I didn't discover until after 1995 on NES and it's a true gem, they did wonders even if it was the last NES send off on a puzzle, it's a very worthy puzzle, wish I still had it, so that's going on a mental find list (hoping local.)

And yeah, for their own creature from the slab creation, panel do pon/puzzle league/tetris attack/pokemon puzzle league is absolutely amazing top notch puzzle on an action/strategy blend if there ever was one.

To me the best nod I can give Dr Mario anymore, anyone would... CHILL and FEVER it's amazing.

• Agree 1

On 12/20/2021 at 1:30 PM, Estil said:

Who said he's only pretending to be a doctor?

Mario kept a gorilla as a pet, does shrooms regularly, thinks his hat is alive, claims his girlfriend is kidnapped on the regular by a six-story dragon turtle. Dude is clearly delusional.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2