Jump to content
IGNORED

The last game that completed your set?


 Share

Recommended Posts

To those whose set only needs one title, which is it?

 

The last MVS cartridge I got to complete the set was Puzzle de Pon! R. The game isn't a super expensive title. The first 2-3 that I purchased were bootlegs so I decided screw it, that was to be the last game and I just waited to purchase it.

I think I have one title remaining in my own 'set'. SNES games dev'd in Japan. The problem is it's Sonic Blast Man 2 :(. The really shitty thing is I had actually purchased it online at one point and it was apparently some kid who was scamming people. I got my money though the game has gotten pricier than I want to spend on the title. Not interested in playing it doesn't help it.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Strangely enough, the last game I can tell you because it was a crazy yet oddly brief ride, a mission really, on doing the Virtual Boy in 2019 between late/end Jan and August, nailed down all 14, even as far as spare units, repairs, resale, upgrades, added bits, etc.  I documented it in short hand on a text file with amounts on it too.

Last game on the list was Waterworld, a CIB copy I nabbed for $200, but I already had an amazing manual, so I sold that off for $60 which took the sting out of that one some. 😄

 

Also before the manual consideration, Jack Bros came in 2nd to that game for most costly out of sheer dumb luck on that.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm still missing Stadium Events, so if I ever get that, it will be the last for the NA NES set for me. I honestly can't remember what the second to last was, but I don't think it was extremely interesting.

FYI, there is already a very similar topic. Not sure if they can be merged, but it can be found here:

 

  • Like 1
  • Wow! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, MrPeaPod said:

Majoras mask on the N64 was the last game that I needed to own every Zelda game. I just need metroid pinball and then I will have all of those too. I'm just waiting to find it locally

Wow, great game. Did you save it as a cool game to play or was it just no real reason?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

No real reason. It was one of the few games I never see locally. I just waited until one day I seen a local ad for some games for sale that included it so I picked it up. I'm a patient purchaser and stay away from online purchases so if it shows up, great, and if it doesn't there's no sweat off my back.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

When I completed my 64 set (no longer own in full) I finished with 3 different titles for each type of piece.  I can't remember the last box though.  Last item was common, Bust-a-move 2 manual, I just BIN'ned a CI for 20ish.  I still got it, it has a solid place but I dumped BAM99 a few years ago cause the sequel just fills the niche better.  It was a really tough call both games have merits.

So last cart was Snowboard Kids 1, I $20 BIN'ned it too. I had acquired a pretty shitty SK1 cart when I was a noob but I sold it valued at $15 along with a couple other games cause I wasn't looking to get em all at the time, that wasnt till acquiring CIB's.  That dude who bought my noob lot ended up selling me sculptors cut CIB a few years later, after we met up at Tims for a second deal and he mentioned he had one.  That was then was a really straightforward deal just went to his flea market booth couple days later and bought it for 50.  The lesson for me was to take my time on deals because there can always be something else lurking and it's epic when it supersedes any original deals.  And also that Snowboard Kids 1 suxx woo ha SC for the win

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

For Licensed NES it was Vice Project Doom. Codename viper (still missing Hot Slots for unlicensed set, at least the one that was defined on NA).

 

I actually thought I had already completed the set with my acquisition of Chubby Cherub but after going over all my games again after a move many years later I discovered that Codename viper was nowhere to be found.  Not sure if I lost it or just checked it off on accident the first time around. 

 

Edited with correct info

Edited by peg
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/29/2021 at 9:35 AM, DoctorEncore said:

I'm still missing Stadium Events, so if I ever get that, it will be the last for the NA NES set for me. I honestly can't remember what the second to last was, but I don't think it was extremely interesting.

FYI, there is already a very similar topic. Not sure if they can be merged, but it can be found here:

 

If I recall Donkey Kong Black Box was you 2nd or 3rd to last.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looking back almost 2 years from the previous thread I'm surprised what I added. I will update here.

NES: FFF Athletic World (1st Print)

SNES: Mountain Bike / Speed Racer (still need to upgrade box stinks)

GameCube: Rally Championship 

Wii: Just Dance 2020

Wii U: Just Dance 2019

3DS: Boulder Dash (Well now Andros Dunes 2 whenever they ship it)

Sega Master System: Buster Douglas

Dreamcast: EGG

Neo Geo AES: Stakes Winner

TG16 (Hu Card): Raiden 

TG 16 (CD): Jack Nickalus

TG 16 (Super CD): Super Air Zonk

Vita: Super Meat Boy

PSVR: Doom 3 VFR (I know not consider a system now but similar to Sega CD as an add on system )

Atomiswave: Sega Clay Challenge 

Completed since original list

N64Big Mountain 2000

Neo Geo Pocket Color: Dragon's Wild

Atari Jaguar: Atari Karts

Wrapping up Sega CD, 32X, Saturn and Genesis (still) and it's a 100% wrap for me. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Mr. CIB said:

If I recall Donkey Kong Black Box was you 2nd or 3rd to last.

I think you're right. Courtesy of @Bearcat-Doug, I think.

1 hour ago, Mr. CIB said:

Looking back almost 2 years from the previous thread I'm surprised what I added. I will update here.

NES: FFF Athletic World (1st Print)

SNES: Mountain Bike / Speed Racer (still need to upgrade box stinks)

GameCube: Rally Championship 

Wii: Just Dance 2020

Wii U: Just Dance 2019

3DS: Boulder Dash (Well now Andros Dunes 2 whenever they ship it)

Sega Master System: Buster Douglas

Dreamcast: EGG

Neo Geo AES: Stakes Winner

TG16 (Hu Card): Raiden 

TG 16 (CD): Jack Nickalus

TG 16 (Super CD): Super Air Zonk

Vita: Super Meat Boy

PSVR: Doom 3 VFR (I know not consider a system now but similar to Sega CD as an add on system )

Atomiswave: Sega Clay Challenge 

Completed since original list

N64Big Mountain 2000

Neo Geo Pocket Color: Dragon's Wild

Atari Jaguar: Atari Karts

Wrapping up Sega CD, 32X, Saturn and Genesis (still) and it's a 100% wrap for me. 

This man is my hero.

  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The only one I know for sure is Mario Party 2 was my last for N64.

I think the last one for 32x was either Mayan Adventure or Power Drive Rally

Master System im not positive because I got games in big lots for that with a lot of games from Europe and Brazil as well so it was probably a handful of games that came in all at once to finish it off.

Im still 2 away from my Jaguar set, or at least the closest definition that would be considered a set.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Shakedown Hawaii for Wii U.

Although I never had close to a full SNES set (maybe 350-400 carts at one point), Mountain Bike Rally/Speed Racer was the only cart I was missing that would have been over $100 at that time. The rest of what I was missing was trash/filler and I probably could have bought the majority of it in one go from a store or big collector that had doubles. I didn't really see the point in that and would have never tracked that many games down locally, so I just stopped collecting SNES.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looking back at my old spread sheets.  The last games I needed for some of my sets:

NES:  
1.  Stadium Events

Last 4 needed for SNES:

4.  Ren and Stimpy Show:  Buckaroo
3.  Bronkie the Bronchiasaurus
2.  Aero Fighter
1.  Super Turrican 2

Gameboy Set:
4.  Kid Dracula
3.  Supds Adventure
2.  Toxic Cresaders
1.  Total Carnage

Gameboy color Set:
4.  ISS 2000
3.  Revelations Demon Slayer
2.  Xena
1.  Ghost N Goblins

Gamegear Set:
4.  Zool
3.  Vampire Master of Darkness
2.  Crystal Warriors
1.  Lost World Jurrasic Park

Gamecube Set:
4. Zatch Bell Marmodo Fury
3. Tome and Jerry War of the Whiskers
2.  Hunter Reckoning
1.  One Piece Grand Adventure


Wii Set:
5.  Lets Sing 2016
4. Just Dance 2017
3.  Just Dance 2018
2. Just Dance 2019 
1.  Just Dance 2020

¯\_(ツ)_/¯


Sometimes it was because they were rare, sometimes I just didn't notice that I didn't actually have the game.





 

Edited by NintendoTwizer
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/10/2021 at 9:16 AM, LeatherRebel5150 said:

The only one I know for sure is Mario Party 2 was my last for N64.

I think the last one for 32x was either Mayan Adventure or Power Drive Rally

Master System im not positive because I got games in big lots for that with a lot of games from Europe and Brazil as well so it was probably a handful of games that came in all at once to finish it off.

Im still 2 away from my Jaguar set, or at least the closest definition that would be considered a set.

must've been Pitfall then, as Power Drive Rally didn't release on 32x. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, twiztor said:

must've been Pitfall then, as Power Drive Rally didn't release on 32x. 

Yup your right Im confusing Jaguar and 32x libraries. Rally probably was one I was looking for at the same time I was wrapping up 32x. They’re definitely linked in my memory for some reason 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...