IGNORED

What's a game you personally 'have to beat'?

Nintegageo

• 2 months later...
On 9/10/2021 at 1:38 PM, inasuma said:

Oh, forgot to mention: pokemon games. I don't care how bad they are in my opinion (*cough*swsh*cough*) must, must beat them, get as many pokemon as possible, raise a team, and catch all the legendaries (including pseudo-legendaries).

On 9/12/2021 at 5:40 PM, CasualCart said:

@inasuma Pokemon is my answer, too. Years ago, I made decent progress in Pokemon Gold [GBC], but I never saw it through to the end.

-CasualCart

I'll third the Pokemon hype train, lol. I've been on a Pokemon kick recently, going back and getting the games I missed out on (Gen 5 6 and 7) and playing through and beating all of them. Eventually to work my way to getting a complete "Living Pokedex" on Pokemon Home.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SpoonMan Abrams X said:

I'll third the Pokemon hype train, lol. I've been on a Pokemon kick recently, going back and getting the games I missed out on (Gen 5 6 and 7) and playing through and beating all of them. Eventually to work my way to getting a complete "Living Pokedex" on Pokemon Home.

That would be both fun and exhausting. You have quite the patience. In the MM Battle Network series, just collecting all the chips (also in the hundreds) took forever. It's the only game I can tolerate that kind of grind. haha

• Like 1

7 hours ago, inasuma said:

That would be both fun and exhausting. You have quite the patience. In the MM Battle Network series, just collecting all the chips (also in the hundreds) took forever. It's the only game I can tolerate that kind of grind. haha

It helps I'm not in any rush to do it, lol. Been taking my time and take frequent "breaks" between Pokemon games by playing other games lol

• Like 1

I mean, obviously there are LOADS of games I wanna play and beat, it's sort of what we do around here, right?!

But a notable game I am having trouble beating is GTA:V, and not for want of trying! I'm playing the 360 version and it keeps crashing every now and then, and it pisses me off so much I just stop playing it for a while!

I've been playing it on and off for like 2 years now, and I think I'm like 60% through it? But yeah, it just DOESN'T want to be beat apparently, so who knows if I'll ever actually manage it, lol! 😅

• Like 1

For me the biggest one is Taz Escape from Mars. Its one of very few games I have vivid memories of from when I was only 5 years old, since my family didnt have our own console until I was almost 8. The problem is its hard AF, not that fun, controls are kinda annoying, and has basically no appeal that draws you in. I watched a guy beat it on Twitch and he was really good at games and it still took him about 2 weeks of regular streaming to finish it. 

Then there are a few arcade games I can quarter feed through but would like to actually master them one day. Pulstar and Blazing Star are probably the biggest ones. My record on Pulstar is 56 credit clear, my record on Blazing Star is 3 credit clear. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

DOOM 64 is one that I must finally finish. I'll be playing the remastered PC source port instead of the original cart though, because playing DOOM with a controller and murky N64 graphics is cancer. It's one of only two in the series that I haven't completed yet, the other being DOOM 3 which, I gotta be honest, just doesn't feel like DOOM to me.

Edited by Webhead123