IGNORED

AFA/VGA Population Reports Coming

Gulag Joe

I’ll believe it when I see it. I think it’s about the right time to show their hand on pop reports, seeing that the want for it appears overwhelming. My bet is that WATA will follow suit soon after. 

With VGA being in the business for over 10 years, pop reports will definitely give us more an idea of genuine rarity vs hyped rarity. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

5 hours ago, GPX said:

I’ll believe it when I see it. I think it’s about the right time to show their hand on pop reports, seeing that the want for it appears overwhelming. My bet is that WATA will follow suit soon after. 

With VGA being in the business for over 10 years, pop reports will definitely give us more an idea of genuine rarity vs hyped rarity. 

pretty sure this is why cga is saying they might do a beta pop report on their current site.

sadly tho i think the pop report will be at best a historical comparison. so many people have cracked their vga slabs and sent them off to wata at this point, i dont think their pop report will be remotely up to date on high end items.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Someone tell me something interesting they found. You can only search for individual games right?

NWC Gray: 2 (Seems really low?)
NWC Gold: 1 (Also seems too low? I've seen multiple maybe they were regraded)
Stadium Events: 8
Steel Battalion Big Box: 2
Elemental Gearbolt Assassin's Case: 1
BOTW Master Edition: 65
Doom PC: 0 (1 listed as v1.666 which means it must be opened afaik)
Chase the Chuck Wagon: 0
GTA: San Andreas PS2: ~450 (Anything more common than this?)

9 minutes ago, DefaultGen said:

Someone tell me something interesting they found. You can only search for individual games right?

NWC Gray: 2 (Seems really low?)
NWC Gold: 1 (Also seems too low? I've seen multiple maybe they were regraded)
Stadium Events: 8
Elemental Gearbolt Assassin's Case: 1
BOTW Master Edition: 65
Doom PC: 0 (1 listed as v1.666 which means it must be opened afaik)
Chase the Chuck Wagon: 0
GTA: San Andreas PS2: ~450 (Anything more common than this?)

You’ll can search by system, but overall I feel like the search functionality is shit.  Plus, all the WATA lovers surely sent their VGAs to be regraded by WATA, so who knows what is accurate. 

How the heck is a disc based game qualified?

Edited by final fight cd

3 minutes ago, final fight cd said:

How the heck is a disc based game qualified?

I dunno how VGA works. Sometimes with high value rare stuff they'll grade it when it's not new (Prototypes, NWC stuff). I know Wata has "NS" graded slide box Genesis games, which means the seal was so bad someone told Wata to take it off, but you can be sure no one ever slid the inner box out of the slip cover 🙌

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DefaultGen said:

I dunno how VGA works. Sometimes with high value rare stuff they'll grade it when it's not new (Prototypes, NWC stuff). I know Wata has "NS" graded slide box Genesis games, which means the seal was so bad someone told Wata to take it off, but you can be sure no one ever slid the inner box out of the slip cover 🙌

The other possibility of a VGA “Qualified” is that all components are received with all the original pamphlets and such, and with all appearing to be unused with no signs of wear/tampering.

On 4/16/2024 at 1:32 AM, DefaultGen said:

You had access to the full libraries of every console ever made, and THIS was in your top picks to search for? 🤣

You are a special breed, Tyler! 😉

11 minutes ago, OptOut said:

You had access to the full libraries of every console ever made, and THIS was in your top picks to search for? 🤣

You are a special breed, Tyler! 😉

It’s the dumbest thing I could think of that someone would grade 😭

• Haha 1