3. 3. Choose one

• Johnny Hates Jazz - "Shattered Dreams"
    • A Flock of Seagulls - "I Ran"
  4. 4. Choose one

• Irene Cara - "Flashdance What a Feeling"
    • Montell Jordan - "This is How We Do It"

Editorials Team · Posted
1 minute ago, TDIRunner said:

So what genre of music is next after we declare Aha the winner?

Hah.  I thought about some other directions we could take this, including a hard rock/metal bracket, but I'm not sure how feasible they are.  Especially without a lot of overlap from the weekly artists.

I will say I already have another 64 pop songs lined up, if that's where it goes.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Hah.  I thought about some other directions we could take this, including a hard rock/metal bracket, but I'm not sure how feasible they are.  Especially without a lot of overlap from the weekly artists.

I will say I already have another 64 pop songs lined up, if that's where it goes.

I'm up for anything, but I wouldn't mind seeing something '90s themed.  

Moderator · Posted
1 hour ago, doner24 said:

Anyone that votes for Midnight Oil over The Outfield needs to have their head examined! 

idiot GIF

I’m sitting by a pool in Costa Rica for my honeymoon and what song comes on just now....a Rasta version of Midnight Oil 😂 

Editorials Team · Posted

2111. Shattered Dreams is solidly better than I Ran. I will throw down over that.

Whenever someone rhymes "night" with "feel alright" I have to dock points. I should find out who did it for the first time ever, and only they are allowed to get away with it. (Same with anyone who rhymes "fire" with "desire.")

9 hours ago, Splain said:

2111. Shattered Dreams is solidly better than I Ran. I will throw down over that.

Whenever someone rhymes "night" with "feel alright" I have to dock points. I should find out who did it for the first time ever, and only they are allowed to get away with it. (Same with anyone who rhymes "fire" with "desire.")

The best throwback music for 80s pop for me is GTA vice city in which neither shattered dreams or aha are included. I Ran is the titular song and your love is also included. 

Fight me!

Edited by a3quit4s

13 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

The best throwback music for 80s pop for me is GTA vice city in which neither shattered dreams or aha are included. I Ran is the titular song and your love is also included. 

Fight me!

I've never played GTA nor have I really been interested in it.  Even still, I Ran is just a great song with a great sound.  It's also a simple to play song, regardless of which instrument you pick, but all of the parts really work together well plus Mike's voice was such a perfect new wave voice.

WHAT'S NOT TO LIKE ABOUT THIS SONG?!

5 minutes ago, RH said:

I've never played GTA nor have I really been interested in it.  Even still, I Ran is just a great song with a great sound.  It's also a simple to play song, regardless of which instrument you pick, but all of the parts really work together well plus Mike's voice was such a perfect new wave voice.

WHAT'S NOT TO LIKE ABOUT THIS SONG?!

I think the thing that still blows my mind about Flock is the lead guitarist being like 17 

• Like 1

Editorials Team · Posted
11 minutes ago, Gloves said:

Easy - don't do just pop songs.

Easier said than done.  If I do metal or hip hop I dramatically limit interest.

If I do rock (which has so much overlap with pop) I'm doing heavy overlap with the weekly threads.  Which can be fine, but then it should probably be a bracket of all heavies.  Not a mishmash.  I can't have Smashing Pumpkins 1979 facing off against Flashdance.  Or at least I assume I can't...

• Haha 1