IGNORED

$700 Self Transforming Optimus Prime Toy

BriGuy82

This isn't new, there have been a few videos of the prototype in various stages for the last year. They've got balls selling this for $700 literally a week after shipping out their $770 Unicron they had to crowdfund (three times) in order to cover development costs.

I am a hardcore Transformers collector. I have over 500 figures, including an entire 1984 - 1987 collection with some very uncommon variants. I have no desire to buy this figure, even if it was $50. That should tell you something.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, DefaultGen said:

I feel like I got all the novelty out of this neat thing by watching the video, so if I'm gonna spend $700 on a Transformer, I'd just get a boxed G1 Optimus Prime! But the market for this is probably people looking to add more fancy crap to their entire room full of G1 transformers.

That's what I was thinking, assuming a boxed G1 Optimus Prime isn't thousands of dollars. 

5 hours ago, Code Monkey said:

This isn't new, there have been a few videos of the prototype in various stages for the last year. They've got balls selling this for $700 literally a week after shipping out their $770 Unicron they had to crowdfund (three times) in order to cover development costs.

I am a hardcore Transformers collector. I have over 500 figures, including an entire 1984 - 1987 collection with some very uncommon variants. I have no desire to buy this figure, even if it was $50. That should tell you something.

yCVbrd2.jpg

9 hours ago, DefaultGen said:

I feel like I got all the novelty out of this neat thing by watching the video, so if I'm gonna spend $700 on a Transformer, I'd just get a boxed G1 Optimus Prime! But the market for this is probably people looking to add more fancy crap to their entire room full of G1 transformers.

Thats what stopped me too. If I am gonna spend 700$, it would need to be an actual collectible, likely to rise in value. 

I want to give real nerds actual boners, not give normies nerd boners

• Haha 1