IGNORED

Snow! Winter Is Here!

SoleGoose

4 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

This was the first snow here too. I would be fine with it if I we never got snow again, but the cold bothers me even more. It's 20 and windy so it feels like single digits. 

gods yes I can't take the excessive cold, its like 23 now and with the winds its like 12, shit will cut right though you and its supposed to drop even more tonight to like 18 so will feel like 5 if the winds keep up. 

1 minute ago, MuNKeY said:

gods yes I can't take the excessive cold, its like 23 now and with the winds its like 12, shit will cut right though you and its supposed to drop even more tonight to like 18 so will feel like 5 if the winds keep up. 

Same here. It's 27 right now and is supposed to get down to 15 tonight. It's been windy since last night so it will probably feel like 5 degrees after dark. The sad thing is that it was almost 70 Sunday and still in the mid 50s yesterday afternoon.

Just now, Bearcat-Doug said:

Same here. It's 27 right now and is supposed to get down to 15 tonight. It's been windy since last night so it will probably feel like 5 degrees after dark. The sad thing is that it was almost 70 Sunday and still in the mid 50s yesterday afternoon.

same thing happened here yesterday as well got up in the upper 60s and actually felt quite nice considering then all went to hell about dark. I had to get out in this mess this morning too damn winds about took my breath it was so cold and trying to warm up the truck and clean ice/snow off the windshield think I invented a few new curse words as well most with a stuttering sound throughout. 

2 minutes ago, MuNKeY said:

same thing happened here yesterday as well got up in the upper 60s and actually felt quite nice considering then all went to hell about dark. I had to get out in this mess this morning too damn winds about took my breath it was so cold and trying to warm up the truck and clean ice/snow off the windshield think I invented a few new curse words as well most with a stuttering sound throughout. 

That was about how my morning went. I thought my hands were going to go numb from the wind trying to brush the snow off to get inside the car and turn the defrost up to full blast to get the ice off the windows.

• 3 years later...
34 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

It’s 10 degrees here and is supposed to go negative tonight. It’s windy as hell and I had to go outside to pick up my garbage and can confirm it feels like 10 degrees out there. Tomorrow is somehow supposed to be worse but then Sunday it’s supposed to be 45. 🤷‍♂️

Good thing you’re not further up north. My cousin has a summer home near windham and right now it’s -4 and feels like -25 🥶 

• Wow! 1

@B.A. please call allow me to necro-quote you three years later.

It’s been a consistent 40° And if you saw the way people are acting around here, it’s like the end of the world. I constantly try to remind people what it’s like in Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Michigan at this time of year but nobody will listen to me. 

Boise is the new place for the California yuppies to move, and it’s been 10°. Folks Are absolutely losing their mind at 10°.

• Haha 1

Administrator · Posted
14 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

@B.A. please call allow me to necro-quote you three years later.

It’s been a consistent 40° And if you saw the way people are acting around here, it’s like the end of the world. I constantly try to remind people what it’s like in Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Michigan at this time of year but nobody will listen to me. 

Boise is the new place for the California yuppies to move, and it’s been 10°. Folks Are absolutely losing their mind at 10°.

I could hop into an igloo right now and it'd be warmer than my apartment.

• Wow! 1

21 minutes ago, Johnnyboy113 said:

Hell yeah it is lol! I don’t ski but I’d imagine if you’d fall in this cold on the slopes it would feel like hitting a brick wall

Especially windham, I used to snowboard there all the time and they have to make their own snow a lot which basically just turns into a sheet of ice

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Gloves said:

I could hop into an igloo right now and it'd be warmer than my apartment.

Bro, you need to get a nest thermostat (and full disclosure, I built their main R&D facility) not sure how heating bills work in the great white north- but for me there’s nothing better than waking up at 4:45 AM cranking that bitch to 67°F so I can drop a deuce in a nice warm bathroom.  Think about it. 

Administrator · Posted
1 minute ago, MrWunderful said:

Bro, you need to get a nest thermostat (and full disclosure, I built their main R&D facility) not sure how heating bills work in the great white north- but for me there’s nothing better than waking up at 4:45 AM cranking that bitch to 67°F so I can drop a deuce in a nice warm bathroom.  Think about it. 

Definitely considering a Nest and similar stuff once I move out East to Nova Scotia and a house. 😄

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

You can't just drop a bomb like that on us and not tell us more 😮

Just now, avatar! said:

You can't just drop a bomb like that on us and not tell us more 😮

I personally wired and piped their enviro-chambers, shaker tables, testing gear etc.  and installed the 5000a main switchgear to their main R and D facility. Still pop in every now and again. I also installed 55 car chargers for the ridiculous amount of Tesla’s that show up there every day. What else would you like to know?

ps. For the record l, here is my t-stat. I have a lot of personal faith in the company. 

F624035F-FAED-475C-B2FC-B19AB5A81154.jpeg.c4292c6ba82645441343c0473e76efa6.jpeg

P.s.s I did 100% of of the insulation in my house myself so yes, it is naturally 67° in my house mid-winter in these terrible norcal winters 😜😜

28 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

Shouldn’t it know your taking a dump and adjust itself hahaha

23 minutes ago, Gloves said:

Definitely considering a Nest and similar stuff once I move out East to Nova Scotia and a house. 😄

Make sure you have an updated furnace, that is most important (not sure if houses in Canada do central air or electric baseboard heat , etc.) 

Also, my wife was obsessed with novia scotia/ prince edward as a young lady growing up and loves it- from Anne of Green Gables. Im sure I will visit at sometime in future

• Love 1