IGNORED

Video Game Sage Mixology Championship

Jeevan

Events Helper · Posted

@Bearcat-Doug your first place score, which was already first place, has been updated.  @acromite53 you gonna let bearcat run away with it?  Final push guys, let's do this, now i will be going to play some more n64 after i put a clear in the thread, but I will check back in an hour or 2 to see if anyone has any new scores.  If you update please ping me and let me know, but if not i will do my usual look through the thread and see if anyone has updated anything.  Just under 6 hours  guys!!!!  Still no @ZeldaFreak who let it be known he was competing.......

28 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

@Bearcat-Doug your first place score, which was already first place, has been updated.  @acromite53 you gonna let bearcat run away with it?  Final push guys, let's do this, now i will be going to play some more n64 after i put a clear in the thread, but I will check back in an hour or 2 to see if anyone has any new scores.  If you update please ping me and let me know, but if not i will do my usual look through the thread and see if anyone has updated anything.  Just under 6 hours  guys!!!!  Still no @ZeldaFreak who let it be known he was competing.......

@ZeldaFreak is probably holding his 300k score to post at the last minute.

• Haha 1

@Jeevan

I thought I might be able to catch you guys, but I haven't been able to do better since I scored this a while back. I was improving every day by 20k or so, and then suddenly I can't get past 100k much. I think because I am still trying to optimize certain early game tricks, and in the end I ran out of time to experiment.

I'm posting this last score in hopes that I keep a podium spot in the end. Praying nobody comes and shocks my score off of the chart 🙂

Hope that after this is over, we can all share our strats and insights!

Final submission: 130225

IMG_20210318_1133324~3.jpg

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, acromite53 said:

Thanks, yours is too. Getting into the 200,000s is tough. Its definitely a grind. I'm interested what your strategy is.

The difficulty seems almost random the farther along you get. I'd clear one stage without any trouble only to have the next one move ridiculously fast. I'd normally try to throw two mugs as fast as possible then jump to the next bar and throw two more. Depending on where the customers were, I'd either go back and clear the row I was on or move on to the next one. On some of the later levels the customers would move too fast, so I'd just try to knock them off one at a time and keep moving as fast as I could to keep them away from the edge.