IGNORED

Oh the Humanity Thread (stupid things people do)

22 minutes ago, avatar! said:

I always knew that the MBTA was corrupt, poorly managed, overblown, overly expensive... BUT, I never suspected it would actually kill people 😞

https://www.wcvb.com/article/man-dies-mbta-red-line-broadway-station-boston/39684023#

Screenshot-from-2022-04-10-22-26-36.png

A spokesperson for the Suffolk County District Attorney's Office said a passenger got their arm stuck in the doorway of an inbound Red Line train at the Broadway platform, was dragged a short distance and died of their injuries.

(Note - the MTA was absorbed into the MBTA when it was formed in 1964.)

I am not sure which  group is more disgusting (they both are) - the thugs that beat on the referee or the other "officials" that did nothing whilst this was happening.   To hell with the lot of them.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/basketball-referee-gets-30-stitches-after-teen-players-attack-him-221915709.html

Edited by Tabonga
  • Angry 1

48 minutes ago, Tabonga said:

I am not sure which  group is more disgusting (they both are) - the thugs that beat on the referee or the other "officials" that did nothing whilst this was happening.   To hell with the lot of them.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/basketball-referee-gets-30-stitches-after-teen-players-attack-him-221915709.html

Truly disgusting. The excuses "they're just kids" is utter bullshite. They're "young adults" and know exactly what they're doing.

21 hours ago, Tabonga said:

It is not  very clear what happened here - maybe he was under the car while it was parked and the driver got in and drove off not knowing he was there?  

https://www.sacbee.com/news/local/crime/article260327570.html

Play stupid games, win stupid prices.  So long as there aren't two sets of tracks on the guy, where the driver backed up to make sure, I'd say he's in the clear.

8 hours ago, Tabonga said:

Wow!! just unbelievable...

Arizona diversity leaders slammed for falsely accusing Black DJ of wearing blackface

Hunter also addressed the accusation that he was a Black man doing blackface during his Facebook Live.

"Was I not Black enough? How black do I got to be for people to know that I’m an actual Black person," he said.

A petition is now circulating to remove Lassen and Rhoden from the Scottsdale Parent Council and do away with the equity, diversity and inclusion committee.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, avatar! said:

Wow!! just unbelievable...

Arizona diversity leaders slammed for falsely accusing Black DJ of wearing blackface

Hunter also addressed the accusation that he was a Black man doing blackface during his Facebook Live.

"Was I not Black enough? How black do I got to be for people to know that I’m an actual Black person," he said.

A petition is now circulating to remove Lassen and Rhoden from the Scottsdale Parent Council and do away with the equity, diversity and inclusion committee.

I wonder how they got the idea in the first place - pretty obvious they did not go to the  gig.  I particularly liked how one of them couldn't admit they were wrong when called out but maintained the dj must have have used something to look blacker in an online picture (wtf?).   Dude - just admit you were a clown on this matter.

• Like 1

wow! Outrageous! 

A fox news article via yahoo? Its 2003 all over again!”

I mean, calling co-chairs of a diversity committee for the Scottsdale elementary school district “Arizona Diversity Leaders” is a bit of a stretch, but it definitely plays into the white-victimhood-diversityboogeyman-fever dream its supposed to.  DIVERSITY IS BAD

*Shakes fist at social change*

@avatar! I appreciate that a couple nobodies from AZ that were pretentious, busybody assholes outraged you so much you had to paraphrase a post that would have gone un-recogonized, and then like the post that responded to your post- it made me want to read it. 

I then realized it was typical Faux-news lazy outrage nonsense, and proceeded to call it out as such. 

IMO, a better title would be:

“fake culture war pricks make racist mistake”

but then that doesnt frame diversity and equality in a negative way, does it?

Edited by MrWunderful

27 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

@avatar! I appreciate that a couple nobodies from AZ that were pretentious, busybody assholes outraged you so much you had to paraphrase a post that would have gone un-recogonized, and then like the post that responded to your post- it made me want to read it. 

I then realized it was typical Faux-news lazy outrage nonsense, and proceeded to call it out as such.

“Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere" - MLK

I'm not sure "outraged" is the word I would use, but I certainly think it's unacceptable. I would hope, you too, would agree that what they did was unacceptable. No one is saying these "busybody assholes" deserve to be executed, but called-out for what they did? absolutely. They did apologize, and I'm sure there will be fallout from the whole episode. Regardless, I think we can all agree what they did was stupid, asinine, and appropriately noted in this thread which is for stupid and asinine things people do 🙂

To be fair, this was from a local news channel which is affiliated with Fox, this is not the same thing as Tucker Carlson just making shite up.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, avatar! said:

To be fair, this was from a local news channel which is affiliated with Fox, this is not the same thing as Tucker Carlson just making shite up.

There are multiple sources reporting this with some minor minor variation on what is being stated.   They likely all stem from one  or two common feeds - likely started as a local story that caught on (as often happens).  None of the ones I looked at varied much from the main  line of events.*

*Such as stating the DJ was really a white  stand in.   

1 hour ago, avatar! said:

“Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere" - MLK

I'm not sure "outraged" is the word I would use, but I certainly think it's unacceptable. I would hope, you too, would agree that what they did was unacceptable. No one is saying these "busybody assholes" deserve to be executed, but called-out for what they did? absolutely. They did apologize, and I'm sure there will be fallout from the whole episode. Regardless, I think we can all agree what they did was stupid, asinine, and appropriately noted in this thread which is for stupid and asinine things people do 🙂

It was terrible of them. Nobody is arguing that it isnt. Its stupid SJW bullshit, especially in todays time.

It gives the people who actually fight for inclusion a bad wrap, and ammo to the garbage people who want to murder trans kids. 

Judging by that article, they aren’t “Diversity leaders”. When its Framed as “diversity leaders” or “woke social justice warriors” instead of “school board members”, its rightwing misinformation creeping in.  Thats it. 

10 minutes ago, CMR said:
Florida man makes beer run with gator in hand

A man made a beer run to a Jacksonville convenience store carrying a live alligator with its mouth taped shut.

Everyone knows that if you make a beer run carrying a live alligator without the snout being taped up it is very likely to try to bite you.

Deceased train driver in Japan awarded 45 cents after his pay was deducted for 1-minute delay in 2020

https://www.yahoo.com/news/deceased-train-driver-japan-awarded-000813746.html

The Okayama District Court ordered the West Japan Railway Co. on Tuesday to pay the train driver, who demanded 2.2 million yen (approximately $17,065) compensation for emotional distress in March 2021. The train driver, who was in his 50s, died from an illness earlier this year.

I Cant Tv Land GIF by YoungerTV

11 minutes ago, avatar! said:

Deceased train driver in Japan awarded 45 cents after his pay was deducted for 1-minute delay in 2020

https://www.yahoo.com/news/deceased-train-driver-japan-awarded-000813746.html

The Okayama District Court ordered the West Japan Railway Co. on Tuesday to pay the train driver, who demanded 2.2 million yen (approximately $17,065) compensation for emotional distress in March 2021. The train driver, who was in his 50s, died from an illness earlier this year.

I Cant Tv Land GIF by YoungerTV

I am  just guessing that that 45 cents was before taxes and other deductions.

1 hour ago, MrWunderful said:

It was terrible of them. Nobody is arguing that it isnt. Its stupid SJW bullshit, especially in todays time.

It gives the people who actually fight for inclusion a bad wrap, and ammo to the garbage people who want to murder trans kids. 

Judging by that article, they aren’t “Diversity leaders”. When its Framed as “diversity leaders” or “woke social justice warriors” instead of “school board members”, its rightwing misinformation creeping in.  Thats it. 

It sounds like we agree. What they did was terrible, and it really hurts rather than helps any social cause.

https://www.blackenterprise.com/dei-advocates-accuse-black-arizona-dj-of-wearing-blackface-at-charity-event/

Lassen, a white co-chair for the Scottsdale Parent Council (SPC) DEI Committee, sent an email to the PTA accusing them of hiring a DJ wearing blackface.

Rhoden, an instructor and member of Scottsdale Unified’s Equity and Inclusion Committee and the Scottsdale Human Relations Commission, shared a Facebook post insinuating that Hunter had darkened his skin ahead of the DJ gig.

@avatar!

Here is a rather illuminating  discussion about the affair by The Young Turks (rest assured "lurker  at the threshold"*  that they are considered a left oriented operation).

*Those of you with a smattering of knowledge of American literature will no doubt recognize the HP Lovecraft reference - if not you just learned something new!

• Like 1