IGNORED

Cryptocurrency thread

phart010

Administrator · Posted
1 minute ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

It looks like the overall market is down around 5% today. The dips are outlasting my purchasing power.

I've been slowly redistributing in increments of $200, buying more as stuff goes down further to lower my average buy price. It's all very spread out right now. 

1 minute ago, Gloves said:

I've been slowly redistributing in increments of $200, buying more as stuff goes down further to lower my average buy price. It's all very spread out right now. 

I'll probably add to my Solana before the end of the year, but I might take a break after that for a while and just let everything run unless something really gets my attention.

2 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

It looks like the overall market is down around 5% today. The dips are outlasting my purchasing power.

I'm still waiting for the BIG dip. Would love to see a huge crash so I can get some better prices. I'm relatively safe right now with about half my crypto money in stable coins. I'm also using arbitrage to trade my high interest earnings on BRKL for coins I like (ORN, SOL) at a good ratio.

4 minutes ago, DoctorEncore said:

I'm still waiting for the BIG dip. Would love to see a huge crash so I can get some better prices. I'm relatively safe right now with about half my crypto money in stable coins. I'm also using arbitrage to trade my high interest earnings on BRKL for coins I like (ORN, SOL) at a good ratio.

If I was sitting on a ton of cash, I would agree, but I'm basically all in outside of small buys every few weeks.

18 hours ago, DoctorEncore said:

It looks like Solana is starting to run. I'm tempted to take some profits, but it's still $20 off last week's high and $60 from the past month. It probably wouldn't hurt to sell a few tokens, but I think it has potential to go a lot higher in the longer term.  

1 hour ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

It looks like Solana is starting to run. I'm tempted to take some profits, but it's still $20 off last week's high and $60 from the past month. It probably wouldn't hurt to sell a few tokens, but I think it has potential to go a lot higher in the longer term.  

I plan to hold long term and pair it with something for liquidity mining. Rates for safer pairs are in the 20-40% range and rates for dumb meme tokens go into the hundreds.

1 minute ago, DoctorEncore said:

I plan to hold long term and pair it with something for liquidity mining. Rates for safer pairs are in the 20-40% range and rates for dumb meme tokens go into the hundreds.

I forgot what it was, but there was some random token last week that was up 250% in one day for no apparent reason. Trying to catch those is like buying a digital lottery ticket.

Edited by Bearcat-Doug

2 hours ago, Punkr13 said:

Hey guys, so what’s the best app to buy into crypto

got something off of PayPal but it’s limited to 4 types 

Coinbase has a fairly simple interface and offers a large selection. They also post lessons regularly that only take about a minute to watch and usually give you $1 each of the crypto they're about for viewing them.

On 11/26/2021 at 9:11 AM, DoctorEncore said:

Yes, I'm a huge fan of Solana. I have about 23 SOL now and am buying a little bit every week. I also use it to invest in some projects, so it has utility as well. I could see it moving to 2,000 easily.

My other big investments now are BNB and ORN. Orion network is growing like crazy right now.

Are you still holding your Solana? I wonder if it's jumping because of the new Grayscale Solana Trust?

1 hour ago, DoctorEncore said:

Yeah, I've got it paired for liquidity mining. Long hold for me.

I may move a bunch of my USDC/USDT now that the market is dropping.

I picked up some more this morning when it was still under $200 so I'm at my 50 token goal. Do you have any Avalanche? I've been seeing it get talked about quite a bit lately, but I still need to check it out.

23 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I picked up some more this morning when it was still under $200 so I'm at my 50 token goal. Do you have any Avalanche? I've been seeing it get talked about quite a bit lately, but I still need to check it out.

Solana/USDC and Solana/USDT just opened for liquidity mining on Raydium. If you plan to hold long term and have the extra cash to cover the USDC part, I'd highly recommend taking advantage. APR is at 500% right now, although my guess is it will settle out in the 40-50% range after everyone piles in.

11 hours ago, DoctorEncore said:

Solana/USDC and Solana/USDT just opened for liquidity mining on Raydium. If you plan to hold long term and have the extra cash to cover the USDC part, I'd highly recommend taking advantage. APR is at 500% right now, although my guess is it will settle out in the 40-50% range after everyone piles in.

It looks like I should have taken some profits the other day. I could have made a quick 20% and bought right back in where I started.