IGNORED

Cryptocurrency thread

phart010

27 minutes ago, RH said:

Nxt use to have a "Memecoin". Touted ad the first "proof of meme" coin, you received coins for posting memes on thr Nxt forum. Let me see if I can find the oroginal thread. I'm sure some of the memes are still hosted somewhere.

I looked it up on Coinbase yesterday. They show a NXT and a Next Token both listed under the NXT symbol, but it doesn't look like they trade either one on there.

5 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I looked it up on Coinbase yesterday. They show a NXT and a Next Token both listed under the NXT symbol, but it doesn't look like they trade either one on there.

Lol, no. Getting some Nxt now.might be tough. It is on exchanges and some of the big ones, but I think they might be European. Poloniex trades it but I'm not sure if they closed their doors to US citizens due to regulations.

I'm sure there's a way to get Nxt. I'll look around if alI find some time to get to my PC today. The network definitely isn't dead but at the moment, it is largely forgotten.

1 minute ago, RH said:

Lol, no. Getting some Nxt now.might be tough. It is on exchanges and some of the big ones, but I think they might be European. Poloniex trades it but I'm not sure if they closed their doors to US citizens due to regulations.

I'm sure there's a way to get Nxt. I'll look around if alI find some time to get to my PC today. The network definitely isn't dead but at the moment, it is largely forgotten.

For something that is 8 years old, it doesn't look like any of the major exchanges trade it.

On 11/25/2021 at 8:03 AM, Bearcat-Doug said:

For something that is 8 years old, it doesn't look like any of the major exchanges trade it.

Lesson one about crypto trading, except bitcoin (which I begrudgingly admit because it's a piece of trash, but an amazing experiment) are fads. 100% of them. Some have been a while and are still around, and as crypto is gaining popularity, old ones may fluctuate, but they are all valued based of fad-based thinking. Today, we call this FOMO.

Nxt lost it's "fad" status about when the mastermind left to make Iota, which itself was spawned from a desire to build ternary-based computer hardware. Iota didn't kill Nxt but it was starting to die down, but when Iota was released, a lot of excitement transferred over there (which is why I was part of the ICO for it and owned so much of it.)

Anyway, Nxt fizzled because it lost it's cheerleaders who could get peoples attention.  All it will take is for it to get new cheerleaders, likelt motivated by history, who buy up somemof these old assets and speak about how Nxt invented practically everything but the blockchain itself (which, btw, was largely built and designed by the Iota founder) and start bringing it up on news sites people pay attention too. Will that happen? I don't know but the "maybe" might make it worth trying to put $10-20 worth of crypto into an asset because it might have it's day of explosove growth before, guess what, it fizzles because it was a fad for a moment.

Still, there's no harm in the slight speculation. I'm not suggesting anyone bet the farm on this. But, I am tipping you guys off to cnversations I've had and since then I've seen movement that's not happened in years, which is often how whales manipulate markets. I saw this stuff countless times, and it could be happening with NXT Drop, which would make sense because it'd be an easy asset for someone with the ears of investors to manipulate--it really is the genesis of the NFT concept, and we all know NFTs are white-hot now.

Edited by RH

Administrator · Posted

Woke up to a nice $500 bump on my BAT, so that's cool. I imagine it'll slide a bit, but it's been trending toward around $1.60 CAD the last bit so it sitting at $1.73 right now feels right. 

Every day I look at MANA and go "shoulda bought a bunch of that yesterday, damn". And every day I react to that thought with "but if I buy today, tomorrow is the day it crashes". 

So if anyone wants to watch the metaverse crumble lemme know and I'll buy some MANA. 

13 hours ago, RH said:

Lesson one about crypto trading, except bitcoin (which I begrudgingly admit because it's a piece of trash, but an amazing experiment) are fads. 100% of them. Some have been a while and are still around, and as crypto is gaining popularity, old ones may fluctuate, but they are all valued based of fad-based thinking. Today, we call this FOMO.

What? No it isn't, blockchains as a decentralized ledger are an important piece of technology. Ticket sellers are using NFT tickets to sell entry to an event and also profit from secondary sales of that same ticket when that couldn't have been done in the past. Authentication of physical product is now possible against a digital token, New Balance is using the Cardano blockchain to ship validation QR codes with all of their new sneakers.

4 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

What? No it isn't, blockchains as a decentralized ledger are an important piece of technology. Ticket sellers are using NFT tickets to sell entry to an event and also profit from secondary sales of that same ticket when that couldn't have been done in the past. Authentication of physical product is now possible against a digital token, New Balance is using the Cardano blockchain to ship validation QR codes with all of their new sneakers.

It's hilarious to me how many people are getting excited about buying, what are essentially, receipts!

The very things people stuff into their pockets throughout the week, only to throw DIRECTLY into the trash at the end of the week when it's time to do the laundry! 🤣

In the future, the receipt IS the product! 😛

Did any of you follow my advice and get in on Starlaunch? I bought at $3.50 and sold for $11.50 within a week. It's actually sitting at around $16 now, but I can't complain about an easy 300%.

I actually wanted to keep it and use it to stake and buy IDOs, but they wouldn't offer KYC for US citizens and I couldn't turn down such nice profits. If it does drop again, I'll buy a bunch so I can at least use it to mine Hydrazine.

1 minute ago, DoctorEncore said:

Did any of you follow my advice and get in on Starlaunch? I bought at $3.50 and sold for $11.50 within a week. It's actually sitting at around $16 now, but I can't complain about an easy 300%.

I actually wanted to keep it and use it to stake and buy IDOs, but they wouldn't offer KYC for US citizens and I couldn't turn down such nice profits. If it does drop again, I'll buy a bunch so I can at least use it to mine Hydrazine.

Coinbase doesn't have it listed.

Administrator · Posted
5 minutes ago, DoctorEncore said:

I only listen to bad advice.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Gloves said:

I'm up 50% now on BAT, it's getting really hard to not take the $1500 of free money...

😧

As someone who paid off a house by crypto trading, take your profits and be happy with a 300% gain. Trust me, even if it does double or triples again, better to make money than to wait to long.

Edited by RH
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, RH said:

As someone who paid off a house by crypto trading, take your profits and be happy with a 300% gain. Trust me, even if it does or triples again, better to make money than to wait to long.

Oh, more more thing. If you are confident BAT has a way to go (and there's reason for it beyond hype), if I were in your shoes @Gloves, I'd cash out $1,000 at this point, reinvest that (first rule of investing is diversity) and then be happy knowing the remainder in BAT is "free". If it goes up 10,000%, you just made a killing. If you cashed out at the top of the bubble, you still made a 100% profit.

Never regret doubling your money.

Edited by RH
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, DoctorEncore said:

Do you have any Solana? I picked some up this morning at $185. I've been watching it for a while and it looks like it has potential.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Do you have any Solana? I picked some up this morning at $185. I've been watching it for a while and it looks like it has potential.

Yes, I'm a huge fan of Solana. I have about 23 SOL now and am buying a little bit every week. I also use it to invest in some projects, so it has utility as well. I could see it moving to 2,000 easily.

My other big investments now are BNB and ORN. Orion network is growing like crazy right now.