IGNORED

What do you do for a living?

ThePhleo

• 2 years later...
Social Team · Posted

Game Magic GIF by Xbox

I'm an environmental engineer for a state department of transportation.  This means I do all the red tape crap of getting permits/permission from government agencies to build and repair roads, bridges, and culverts.  Also I'm the person who coordinates public involvement meetings for the public to bitch about roundabouts going to be death traps (thousands of them exist and statistically prove it's the safest intersection).  I love being a public servant and making my community better/safer in the small ways I can (it's a massive team effort to maintain/improve our transportation infrastructure)

• Like 1

FH is on a roll bumping all the old threads today 🤣 

I’ve been reading through the jobs and this one blew my mind:

On 11/1/2019 at 12:33 PM, behemos said:

I'm a writer. I work for a publishing company, but I also freelance. 

It's what I went to school for, and it's what I love. 

I'll never do anything else. 

WTF?! Behemos you have to be one of the quietest WW players and you’re a writer? LMFAO! Mind.Blown!

@ZeldaFreak you’re going to have to do a collaboration with Behemos for the next WW.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 3

Events Team · Posted
7 hours ago, behemos said:

Yeah, I'm down. It would be a good time. 

Nice. Well, I have a broken hand right now so I'm not in much state to type out a setup, but at some point in the near future I'll PM you some of the setup ideas I've had brewing for awhile now, and if you have had any setup ideas you can tell me as well and we can figure out which ideas we want to pursue. I think a collaboration would be a Werewolf first, so that should be really fun.

6 hours ago, ZeldaFreak said:

Nice. Well, I have a broken hand right now so I'm not in much state to type out a setup, but at some point in the near future I'll PM you some of the setup ideas I've had brewing for awhile now, and if you have had any setup ideas you can tell me as well and we can figure out which ideas we want to pursue. I think a collaboration would be a Werewolf first, so that should be really fun.

Yeah, let me know when you're functional 🤣

• Agree 1

Events Team · Posted
24 minutes ago, CasualCart said:

Dude - you broke your hand?? What happened?

-CasualCart

Boxer's fracture, fractured fifth metacarpal. Happened about a week ago, so probably another 3-5 weeks of healing ahead of me, then probably another little while of hand exercises and whatnot to get the full range of motion back.

Punched a chair too hard and used improper punching technique. Not a very interesting story, haha

Graphics Team · Posted
9 minutes ago, ZeldaFreak said:

Boxer's fracture, fractured fifth metacarpal. Happened about a week ago, so probably another 3-5 weeks of healing ahead of me, then probably another little while of hand exercises and whatnot to get the full range of motion back.

Punched a chair too hard and used improper punching technique. Not a very interesting story, haha

Shoot - that sounds awful. Hope you heal up well. (But not too well - you're already a force to be reckoned with in VGS gaming contests haha).

-CasualCart

• Love 1

Events Team · Posted
1 minute ago, CasualCart said:

Shoot - that sounds awful. Hope you heal up well. (But not too well - you're already a force to be reckoned with in VGS gaming contests haha).

-CasualCart

I'll be fine, it usually heals pretty well, and doesn't usually require surgery. Thank you though! 🥰

• Like 1

I work for the Laconia, NH location of a regional restaurant group after relocating up to the Lakes Region late last year. Just got through Bike Week in mid June and have been dealing with being severely understaffed the past few weeks due to a covid outbreak running through the kitchen staff. Timing sucks as we are in full swing of the season. I've worked 5 consecutive 60 weeks, but we hopefully should get back to normal starting next week. Just about everyone has had it now.