IGNORED

What do you do for a living?

ThePhleo

13 hours ago, MrWunderful said:

Electrician

And Forum moderator

What’s the Ohm’s law?! 😉

I’m an electro-mecanical/electrician. Who became team lead of 17guys in 2012 and machine shop’s supervisor of 29 guys since 2017. At Bath Fitter. Work there since 2005.

Edited by TheBiRD
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Winterion said:

Job 1 - Application Engineer and Technical Trainer for a federal contractor based outside of Washington DC

Job 2 - Professor at George Mason University's School of Computer Game Design

Job 3 - Founder and owner of Winterion Game Studios

I used to have my office on the main campus, but they moved us out to Sci-tech over the summer

Moderator · Posted

Attorney for the USPS. Before that I worked in a law firm doing telecommunications regulatory work. But my first job out of law school, I was the frontline attorney at the FCC attempting to build precedent for the net neutrality rules...until the election anyway.
Also had some really interesting internships during school with the NY Attorney General doing consumer protection work, and the US Department of Justice, interning in their office prosecuting color of law cases and hate crimes as well their office prosecuting gangs and organized crime.

• Like 2
  • Wow! 1

3 minutes ago, Foochie776 said:

Heck yeah, hurray for being electricians!

Without which (along with plumbers) I think it's fair to say we wouldn't have a civilization. I for one would like to welcome our new Tradesman Overlords, and remind them that  I can be useful in rounding up snooty white collars for the re-education camps (where they can actually learn something useful and be productive members of society) 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Scrobins said:

Attorney for the USPS. Before that I worked in a law firm doing telecommunications regulatory work. But my first job out of law school, I was the frontline attorney at the FCC attempting to build precedent for the net neutrality rules...until the election anyway.
Also had some really interesting internships during school with the NY Attorney General doing consumer protection work, and the US Department of Justice, interning in their office prosecuting color of law cases and hate crimes as well their office prosecuting gangs and organized crime.

I've always heard that postal inspectors and USPIS are two groups you do NOT want to mess with. Sounds like you've been part of several of those types organizations, though. Very cool job history. 

On 10/27/2019 at 11:12 PM, Jono1874 said:

Slot Machine Technician.

It's not as cool as it sounds. I get paid the big bucks to change light bulbs and replace busted buttons.

it IS as cool as it sounds. I'd love to get into that.

I'm a data tech/data tech supervisor for a marketing company specialized in the car business. I assist our clients in providing us their databases, and then work these databases into our databases to create high potential client lists for the dealerships via the magic of Excel and Access. Lots of phone and emails, too. There are 2 other people doing this with me and I'm basically the head honcho of that.

• Thanks 1