IGNORED

The NEW! Official Seller Silliness Thread

RH

oh yeah, I mean, we already established the story's bullshit so the plastic could easily be a swap too for sure.

I mean, they just look like a chancer to me ๐Ÿ˜› They don't have the volume to be a 'dealer', only a couple hundred sales. All their other items are silly hype market stuff (McDonalds Pokemon cards, recent sports cards and stuff). I don't think you graduate from "silly seller" to "dealer" until you're making a living, like Wood Floor Guy ๐Ÿ˜›

Edited by AdamW

17 hours ago, OptOut said:

We are down to T-minus roughly 16 hrs, just over 3500 dollars...

It could still make it to 5 grand, but if I was the seller I would be feeling a little peaky right about...

It's squeaky bum and brown trousers time! ๐Ÿ˜„

Heh, it ended at $4100. That didn't work out well.

• Haha 1

On 5/30/2021 at 3:29 PM, AdamW said:

Heh, it ended at $4100. That didn't work out well.

Oh boy, the plot thickens. So, I need to put some names in here. The original seller at $5000 BIN was resurrection_games, item #393308789204 . It only had pictures of the graded game.

The seller of the auction listing that went for $4101, item #384173844170 , was ellie1008 (with the same feedback count as the "buyer" of the initial listing). They used different pictures, this time including some pre-grading photos and a screenshot of the WATA order page.

Now it's back up for sale by resurrection_games - https://www.ebay.com/itm/393378810619 - for $5500, using the same pictures as the initial listing, with a claim that the buyer "backed out".

I really want to know what's going on there. ๐Ÿ˜›

Edited by AdamW
try and fix url
  • Wow! 3
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, AdamW said:

Oh boy, the plot thickens. So, I need to put some names in here. The original seller at $5000 BIN was resurrection_games, item #393308789204 . The seller of the auction listing that went for $4101, item #384173844170 , was ellie1008. They used different pictures. Now it's back up for sale by resurrection_games - https://www.ebay.com/itm/393378810619 - for $5500, using the same pictures as the initial listing, with a claim that the buyer "backed out".

I really want to know what's going on there. ๐Ÿ˜›

Maybe $5k sale was fake, then the auction was from a sockpuppet account

1 hour ago, MiamiSlice said:

Maybe $5k sale was fake, then the auction was from a sockpuppet account

edit: FWIW, I asked the seller and they actually replied; they basically say all the listings were them, and the buyers just keep backing out or returning the game. Which I can believe. Says he did the auction listing from another account to see if it would go any better that way but it didn't (buyer backed out), so now it's back on his own account.

Edited by AdamW

I'll call this "setting the base line" this is used when a seller fakes a large sale in order to only "resale" the next price level you see this in local card shops and at big conventions.ย  Unfortunately it's easily proven and therefor is not prosecuted as price fixing.ย 

the best way to combat this is to point it out.ย  which has already been done just need more people to report and get this seller out of here...

If anything this is just more evidence of how weak the market is...

People trying to sell sealed graded games for multiple thousands, but having a tough time finding buyers...

I mean it was FUNNIER to imagine a guy taking a 4 digit loss on a game, but if anything being unable to sell at all is an even worse spot to be in, depending how much they paid...

1 hour ago, OptOut said:

If anything this is just more evidence of how weak the market is...

People trying to sell sealed graded games for multiple thousands, but having a tough time finding buyers...

I mean it was FUNNIER to imagine a guy taking a 4 digit loss on a game, but if anything being unable to sell at all is an even worse spot to be in, depending how much they paid...

well, it's also just eBay stuff. if he sold it at HA it'd sell. Just a question of how much for. Maybe people are getting a little smarter about forking over big bucks for crappy condition copies like this one?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, AdamW said:

Today in "filthy flippers": https://www.ebay.com/itm/274818507716?nordt=true&rt=nc&orig_cvip=true (bought for a best offer somewhere under $425) to https://www.ebay.com/itm/284333232224 (listed for $2500). ๐Ÿ˜ 

Filthy Flippers is on!!! That's my favourite show!ย ๐Ÿคฉ

I also like Filthy Flippers: After Dark, you won't BELIEVE how filthy some of those flippers can get, RAWR!!!ย ๐Ÿ˜

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, RH said:

I'm going to ask you and him, why? Hahaha.

Just for kicks ๐Ÿ˜‰. ย Yeah no definitely didnโ€™t want it in my collection. ย One of my biggest pet peeves these days is messed up flaps. ย Makes my stomach turn. ย  My Legend of Zelda was missing the little sideย top flaps forever until I recently upgraded. ย I was ashamed of myself every time I looked at it. ย 

Edited by Hammerfestus

• 2 weeks later...