IGNORED

The NEW! Official Seller Silliness Thread

RH

11 hours ago, MiamiSlice said:

Some people are very salty that Shantae ended up being worth a lot more than this 

Lol Yeah, seriously. If I can't sell a Race Days manual for $30 after 2 years of listing it (The rarity of which blows Stop that Roach's ass out of the water), I'm not really sure why anyone would think they can get $400 for a Stop that Roach manual. 🙄 Don't really know what happened, but Gameboy manuals obviously aren't even as coveted as GBC manuals. I've seen more people purchase manuals for Wendy, Shantae, Bomberman Quest, Survival Kids, Return of the Ninja ETC. faster than I have ever seen people purchasing The Big 3's manuals on the GB. most Gameboy manuals for even the rarest games seem to move at a snails pace sales-wise.

• Like 1

Nothing about Gameboy values, especially in the last 6mo make one damn bit of sense.  Historically sure, more often than not with a handheld game the buyer is an even bitter twit and threw out the wasteful paper stuff much like so my tools do with music CDs putting it in a sleeve and chucking the rest.  But yeah seriously, since GB started getting inexcusably stupid in more recent months nothing makes any damn bit of sense.  When you as much as the site sucks use a place like the VGPC specifically for the line graph values and scale it back to a 3yr, 1yr, or 6mo window there's nothing natural about that at all.

That's about as natural as a vampire enjoying sunbathing on a tropical island.  You see it, it doesn't make sense, and everything you know about what should happen (burn to a cinder) doesn't and you question everything.

And it's not just the paper side anymore on GB, look at the games too, some real grunty behavior going on there.  Who cares about obscure, pick a common game printed into the hundreds of thousands if not millions, then check that line graph and get sick.

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1

*Sigh*

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Yu-Gi-Oh-Forbidden-Memories-Premium-Edition-Sony-PlayStation-1-2002-/324634099038?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286

I actually messaged this guy. I jus thave to have one of these nuts tell me why they waste their time posting ridiculously priced games. I know some of you have said that some sellers do it to you click on their game shop and browse their other items. This guy has less than 30 feedback, though and this is his only item.

Edited by RH

8 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

What was his excuse?  That game has a hard time breaking $20 used, so yeah I don't see this jumping up into the 100s club because of shrink wrap.

i sure it something like this.

"it was a slip of the keyboard"
or
"it was met to be $XXX.
or

radio silents.

Edited by JVOSS
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tanooki said:

What was his excuse?  That game has a hard time breaking $20 used, so yeah I don't see this jumping up into the 100s club because of shrink wrap.

Well, after talking with the guy, I don't think he's justified with that price tag but I understood his point of view.  First off, that game is actually quite rare sealed (this is a special, foiled version with cards inside) and Yu Gi Oh is a bit like "Pokemon light".  He referenced the $20k YuGiOh sale for some GBA game, of which it isn't as rare as this variant of this game.

We talked back and forth and the bottom line is he wants to get top price, he's personally a HUGE PS1 collector and even owns one of three known Assassin Editions of Elemental Gearbolt that exist in Switzerland.

He's not highly motivated to sell, but he is fishing for the highest price possible.  I mentioned Wata/HA and he said he's basically not a fan (he is one of us) but might consider it if no one so much as throws an offer his way.  I told him most collectors who might give him a serious high dollar offer will often walk a way when a price is too high.  Even if he'd accept, say, $35,000 for it, someone willing to offer that amount wouldn't actually give him an offer when they see a game priced at $155k because they don't want to be rejected for giving such a "low ball" offer.

He was open and receptive to my thoughts.  All in all, it was a good exchange.  Again, his price is way out of line with reality but this day and age, I can't fault anyone "fishing" for a whale for a couple of months.

• Like 3

@RH  Strangely refreshing, and I actually agree with the guy, entirely, just not his starting OBO value.

I see a price on something, I tend to try a 50% OBO at max when I throw an offer, and if I see someone with a crack head price I rarely bother unless it's like an intentional troll offer with the stupid rare off chance someone might take it.  He's in that realm of not worth bothering.  If his game realistically was worth it around say 25K, he shouldn't be asking more than 50 tops, definitely not triple that.

• Like 1

jeez, what a jackass.

here's someone who's either very brave or very reckless, or possibly both...they bought a 7.0 third print Pokemon Blue for $5000: https://www.ebay.com/itm/393308789204?nordt=true&rt=nc&orig_cvip=true

then immediately turned round and listed it for no-reserve auction, starting at $1: https://www.ebay.com/itm/384173844170

that's, uh, quite the gamble! Wonder if they'll regret it. And yeah, I'm pretty sure that's what happened, the feedback count of the new listing's seller exactly matches the feedback count of the old listing's buyer, I don't think it's a relist.

Edited by AdamW
  • Wow! 1

28 minutes ago, AdamW said:

jeez, what a jackass.

here's someone who's either very brave or very reckless, or possibly both...they bought a 7.0 third print Pokemon Blue for $5000: https://www.ebay.com/itm/393308789204?nordt=true&rt=nc&orig_cvip=true

then immediately turned round and listed it for no-reserve auction, starting at $1: https://www.ebay.com/itm/384173844170

that's, uh, quite the gamble! Wonder if they'll regret it. And yeah, I'm pretty sure that's what happened, the feedback count of the new listing's seller exactly matches the feedback count of the old listing's buyer, I don't think it's a relist.

This feels like a tax write-off in the making 

1 hour ago, JVOSS said:

A brand new copy sold for $799, so I wouldn't be surprised if 1K ends up being the norm in a few months.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/203461379659?epid=9190&hash=item2f5f3e464b%3Ag%3A6jgAAOSwE1Jgp9kA&LH_ItemCondition=1000

Edited by Sir Centroid

1 hour ago, Sir Centroid said:

A brand new copy sold for $799, so I wouldn't be surprised if 1K ends up being the norm in a few months.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/203461379659?epid=9190&hash=item2f5f3e464b%3Ag%3A6jgAAOSwE1Jgp9kA&LH_ItemCondition=1000

@Sir Centroidthat is just stupid crazy.  The seller is laughing all the way to the bank. 

but really who buys this?