IGNORED

The NEW! Official Seller Silliness Thread

RH

9 minutes ago, AdamW said:

What I don't understand is why all these people called Manuel are allowing themselves to be sold with video games 🤔 Aren't there laws against that sort of thing these days?

Lol, I almost commented on that one myself.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, RpgCollector said:

oh it's funnier than that - the seller has been constantly relisting that for a couple of weeks now, dropping the price very slightly each time (it's still waaaay too high for the sat-on-by-an-elephant condition) but always to some weird non-round number...

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, RH said:

I was willing to put a bid in at $5,999 but $6,004 is just to much.

" Game has been stored in smoke free environment. "

Thank GOD for that, I was really concerned about smoke smell on my Pokemon Red that looks like it just came out of the trash compactor in Star Wars! 

• Haha 1

There is also that seller's good buddy Leg Picture Guy:

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/402831326891

who's been trying to sell that for weeks as well. I think he started at $15k. I don't know in what kind of universe you want someone to fork over $15k for your vidya game and you can't even be arsed to upgrade from a single leg pic.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, A_Feisty_Pickle said:

I don't even know what something like that would be 'worth' when it's that far gone. 

In all seriousness, this is a perfect item for a $1 auction. We are joking the seller but I'd almost guarantee we'd all be shocked what someone would pay for it. It is still "sealed" and since people have gone Pokenuts, it would definitely sell for way higher than it should be worth.

Edited by RH
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, RH said:

In all seriousness, this is a perfect item for a $1 auction. We are joking the seller but I'd almost guarantee we'd all be shocked what someone would pay for it. It is still "sealed" and since people have gone Pokenuts, it would definitely sell for way higher than it should be worth.

Yeah, it'd go 2k or so probably. Some people have done auctions for pretty beat up copies and got that kinda result.

7 minutes ago, MiamiSlice said:

Look at this garbage

mystery_game.png.92b4f95155da47052843fdc8453ac404.png

"All games have been pre -packaged in a white bubble mailer and mixed together in a box. Upon purchase a random package will be chosen and mailed to the buyer. Good luck!"

Price: $7 + $3.75 for shipping

Wait.  Is that for ONE game?????  So some smuck will pay $10.75 hoping for Makio Maker or Splatoon and obviously end up with Disney Infinity.  

57 minutes ago, MiamiSlice said:

Look at this garbage

mystery_game.png.92b4f95155da47052843fdc8453ac404.png

"All games have been pre -packaged in a white bubble mailer and mixed together in a box. Upon purchase a random package will be chosen and mailed to the buyer. Good luck!"

Price: $7 + $3.75 for shipping

Those are actually against eBay policy, you can report 'em. It's under listing practices somewhere, there's a specific option for this kind of mystery meat listing.

15 minutes ago, AdamW said:

Those are actually against eBay policy, you can report 'em. It's under listing practices somewhere, there's a specific option for this kind of mystery meat listing.

This is Facebook Marketplace, it’s like they are way behind eBay on this stuff because it’s rampant with listings like this.

1 hour ago, TDIRunner said:

Wait.  Is that for ONE game?????  So some smuck will pay $10.75 hoping for Makio Maker or Splatoon and obviously end up with Disney Infinity.  

Correct-a-mundo 

• Angry 1

3 minutes ago, MiamiSlice said:

This is Facebook Marketplace, it’s like they are way behind eBay on this stuff because it’s rampant with listings like this.

Correct-a-mundo 

I've seen stuff like this before, but it's usually for a bundle of games and all of the games in the listing are commons.  I'm ok with that because it can be used as an easy way to get rid of commons for a seller and an easy way to pad your collection with cheap filler for a buyer.  But it's pretty shitty to throw in some good games to get people's hopes up.  

9 minutes ago, JVOSS said:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/234008932895?hash=item367c04f21f:g:OFoAAOSwuiVgnpOE

Good old Mario is at this again.  i guess the seller did not realize they have the 3rd - 5th print of the game.. or did i miss something here??

Read the description. Seller says “first yellow screen after initial green screen print.” 🙃

27 minutes ago, JVOSS said:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/234008932895?hash=item367c04f21f:g:OFoAAOSwuiVgnpOE

Good old Mario is at this again.  i guess the seller did not realize they have the 3rd - 5th print of the game.. or did i miss something here??

That is the 3rd printing.

1st - Green pics warranty info only
2nd - Green pics warranty info and for sale in USA Canada
3rd - yellow pics with for sale in USA and canada (no - box, no - manual)
4th - yellow pics with for sale in USA, Canada and mexico (no - box, -1 manual)
5th - yellow pics with red warranty 4 lines (-1 box, -2 manual)
6th - yellow pics with red warranty 4 lines (-1 box, -3 manual)
7th - yellow pics with red warranty 3 lines (-2 box, -4 manual)
8th - million seller K-A (-3 box, -5 manual)
9th - million seller K-A (-3 box, -6 manual)
10th - million seller K-A (-3 box, -7 manual)
11th - million seller Black E (-4 box, -8 manual)

maybe more prints if you go by box date codes, but I have not got that crazy yet.

• Wow! 1

wow, it's official, there's someone nerdier about prints than me 😛 I don't count a new number just because they changed the manual, haha.

The highest HA sale is $43200 for a later print (the four-line warranty print) but 9.8:

https://comics.ha.com/itm/video-games/super-mario-land-wata-98-a-sealed-yellow-screenshots-mid-production-gb-nintendo-1989-usa/a/7236-93054.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515

that seller is just out to lunch for that price. HA has a couple of SMLs coming up at its next 'signature auction', but they're 9.4 and 9.2, and later prints. Don't think the seller's gonna get any kinda basis for that asking price.