IGNORED

The NEW! Official Seller Silliness Thread

RH

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
11 minutes ago, Hammerfestus said:

and where was the crease?  AHH they must be talking about corners as the box is bent to hell...😂

• 1 month later...

Ah, you know you are doing eBay right when you get one of these:
image.png.5029b570756955ba551faa0aaa2ba9f8.png

I offered the seller $130 for a CIB Maui Mallard on SNES...pricecharting value currently sits at $167.50, so I wouldn't have defined the (~22% below "market" value) offer as "lowball", but it was significantly lower than the price the seller had listed - $900...I like to send reasonable offers to sellers that have a way out of line price because I feel like maybe it will alert them to what I assume is an error in their listing...and that is exactly what happened here! S/he lowered the Buy It Now price from $900 to $350 shortly after my "lowball" offer.  Too bad I'll never get to buy it or any of her/his other 5 items 😭...block listed as I am...I cannot overcome the brilliant and shrewd business acumen of this eBay seller. You've won again, crystalsthings!!!

• Wow! 1
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, Naked Warrior said:

I offered the seller $130 for a CIB Maui Mallard on SNES...pricecharting value currently sits at $167.50, so I wouldn't have defined the (~22% below "market" value) offer as "lowball", but it was significantly lower than the price the seller had listed - $900...I like to send reasonable offers to sellers that have a way out of line price because I feel like maybe it will alert them to what I assume is an error in their listing...and that is exactly what happened here! S/he lowered the Buy It Now price from $900 to $350 shortly after my "lowball" offer.  Too bad I'll never get to buy it or any of her/his other 5 items 😭...block listed as I am...I cannot overcome the brilliant and shrewd business acumen of this eBay seller. You've won again, crystals things!!!

Send me the item.  If you want, I'll watch it for a month and send her and offer for $125.   If accepted, I can have it drop-shipped to you if you can get me the funds.

• Like 1

Administrator · Posted
12 hours ago, Naked Warrior said:

I offered the seller $130 for a CIB Maui Mallard on SNES...pricecharting value currently sits at $167.50, so I wouldn't have defined the (~22% below "market" value) offer as "lowball", but it was significantly lower than the price the seller had listed - $900...I like to send reasonable offers to sellers that have a way out of line price because I feel like maybe it will alert them to what I assume is an error in their listing...and that is exactly what happened here! S/he lowered the Buy It Now price from $900 to $350 shortly after my "lowball" offer.  Too bad I'll never get to buy it or any of her/his other 5 items 😭...block listed as I am...I cannot overcome the brilliant and shrewd business acumen of this eBay seller. You've won again, crystalsthings!!!

Nice, one fewer person out there competing with me for a CIB Maui Mallard. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 5/8/2022 at 2:15 PM, RH said:

Send me the item.  If you want, I'll watch it for a month and send her and offer for $125.   If accepted, I can have it drop-shipped to you if you can get me the funds.

Thanks so much for the offer! I'd rather not give that seller my business 😄, and I wouldn't want to get you "block listed" too! Hahaha

On 5/8/2022 at 2:08 AM, Naked Warrior said:

That box looks like it has some sharpie touchup anyway. 

• Haha 1

Alright, I wasn't going to point this out when I saw the 1st one, but these 2 were listed within minutes of each other by 2 different sellers!!  Yep, the ol' "Authentic" translucent blue GBA carts. Nothing screams authenticity like a non-Pokemon Sapphire translucent blue cart...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/125305657121?epid=8759&hash=item1d2ccc9721:g:bW4AAOSwHSNieW1w

https://www.ebay.com/itm/175274763474?epid=6484758&hash=item28cf30a4d2:g:yeIAAOSwjzdieWmi

It's like the authentic imitation leather of the current 'new' games industry now isn't it?  Pleather for everyone!

The guy is a twit on multiple levels, it's not just the lying about it being 'very good' and authentic, the genius showed the game in the first place, but then takes a pic of the back that would make anyone who knows the basics know it's fake entirely and not just a re-shell.

• Agree 1

• 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Skorp said:

WHAT THE HELL... new? In what some warzone?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/384915690978

I'd definitely say this is weird.  Usually people do the flip-side and claim nothing about an item being used, show stock photos of sealed items, and then list in the description that it's opened.

This is the exact opposite.  99% chance you're getting what you see, but someone could buy it and 100% have eBay give them a full refund and a send them at return label at the seller expense if it showed up as the pictures.

If I wanted one of these (and I have no clue what a good price is on a new one.  Too lazy to look it up.) I'd contact the seller and ask about the photos and if he understood what "New" even meant by eBay's standards.  If he said he wanted to show "fun" photos of one in use, but his is legit sealed, I'd probably bid on it.  I've not seen this happen, but I have seen weirder/similar confusing photos and speaking with the seller has yielded surprising responses making it worth the bid.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...