IGNORED

PlayStation 5 Pre-orders

a3quit4s

I wasn’t planning on getting one at launch anyways but was surprised to learn the preorder was up and already sold out before long. I’m sure the reseller market has to do with some of this but hopefully it was made up of people who are excited for the new console.

Did you end up getting a preorder?

2 minutes ago, Bonanza125 said:

What sucks is the resellers market is now between $750 to $1500. Ebay should do something about this.

People should not pay over retail for things - it’s people who buy from resellers that power that market. eBay is in business to make money they aren’t going to police that. 

• Like 2

Events Team · Posted

Yeah, good luck to those hoping to secure one. Personally, I won't be getting it for another 2 or 3 years (possibly more) until there's a decently solid library of exclusives in place, so I'm just kind of sitting back and observing all the chaos with the new console releases and all the new PC parts coming out. I probably won't be getting either until all the stock issues are well in hand.

3 minutes ago, ChickenTendas said:

I've heard about things being more expensive in Brazil but that's insane. Why is that? With a lower average income than the States or Europe i'd think it would be the opposite.

We have some crazy taxes when importing videogames. Most games are manufactured here so they are the same price as in the US or even a bit less sometimes because our currency lost a lot of value against the dolar.

What is crazy is that even though the PS5 price is this high, it has already sold out on the major retailers.

Edited by Galdius
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, ZeldaFreak said:

Yeah, good luck to those hoping to secure one. Personally, I won't be getting it for another 2 or 3 years (possibly more) until there's a decently solid library of exclusives in place, so I'm just kind of sitting back and observing all the chaos with the new console releases and all the new PC parts coming out. I probably won't be getting either until all the stock issues are well in hand.

Yeah, I might get one second-hand if/when they release Final Fantasy VII Remake "Special Upgrade Edition" in prep for FFVIIR2.

Got mine on Amazon last night.  Sold out everywhere in mins.  Heard about people ordering 5.  I really hope you are going for Uncle of the Year and plan to gift them to all your nieces and nephews. Retailers really should limit to one per household/address.

Sony have said they will have more PS5s than there were launch PS4s.  So everyone who wants one should get one.  Stay strong Sony Sages💪

• Like 2

14 hours ago, DoctorEncore said:

The launch library looks pretty anemic, but I snagged one anyways. It can be my faster loading PS4 backlog machine for a year or two.

The launch titles don't seem very impressive. I guess they are selling out on the idea that good games will be out before more systems are in stock.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

The launch titles don't seem very impressive. I guess they are selling out on the idea that good games will be out before more systems are in stock.

Yeah this has to be the least impressive console launch we've seen.  People just want a new system.

Some of you may remember this.

image.jpeg.2a58bcfe248d2b34378492154db09fff.jpeg

These games were available when the SNES came out.  

Can you imagine if this quality level of games came along side your xbsex or ps5?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, LaC said:

Yeah this has to be the least impressive console launch we've seen.  People just want a new system.

Some of you may remember this.

image.jpeg.2a58bcfe248d2b34378492154db09fff.jpeg

These games were available when the SNES came out.  

Can you imagine if this quality level of games came along side your xbsex or ps5?

They just don't launch consoles like they used to.

• Like 1