IGNORED

Movie Debate #31: Redline

Reed Rothchild

Rate it  

30 members have voted

1. 1. See below for explanation of ratings

• 10/10 - One of your very favorite movies of all time. Top 10.
    • 9/10 - Killer fucking movie. Everyone should watch it.
    • 8/10 - Great movie. Maybe one of the best released that year.
    • 7/10 - Very good movie, but not quite great.
    • 6/10 - Pretty good. You might enjoy the occasional watch, or tune in if you happen to catch it on cable.
    • 5/10 - It's okay, but maybe not something you'll go out of your way to watch.
    • 4/10 - Meh. There's plenty of better alternatives to this.
    • 3/10 - Not very good.
    • 2/10 - Not your cup of tea at all. Some people might like this, but you are not one of them.
    • 1/10 - Horrible in every way.
    • 0/10 - The Citizen Kane of painful experiences. You'd rather shove an icepick in your retinas than watch this.
    • Never seen it, but I'm interested.
    • Never seen it, never will.

Just finished this.  Honestly I would probably have never watched it with out the bingo motivating me,  so thanks for that Gloves.  It was a wild ride, and totally insane. I like how it just continuously escalated to more and more absolute ridiculousness.  My favorite bit was was when

Spoiler

the Love Boin's racer transformed into a sexy robot and started kicking tails!

I don't know if I will watch this again anytime soon, but this is definitely one of those movies that will reward you on a re-watch.  Thinking back on that earlier part in the Oasis restaurant, it will have a ton of "Oh yeah, that guy!" moments the second time around.

Gave it an 8/10.

• Like 2

Administrator · Posted
45 minutes ago, Jicsan said:

Just finished this.  Honestly I would probably have never watched it with out the bingo motivating me,  so thanks for that Gloves.  It was a wild ride, and totally insane. I like how it just continuously escalated to more and more absolute ridiculousness.  My favorite bit was was when

Hide contents

the Love Boin's racer transformed into a sexy robot and started kicking tails!

I don't know if I will watch this again anytime soon, but this is definitely one of those movies that will reward you on a re-watch.  Thinking back on that earlier part in the Oasis restaurant, it will have a ton of "Oh yeah, that guy!" moments the second time around.

Gave it an 8/10.

This guy gets it!

• Like 1

Administrator · Posted
6 minutes ago, Sumez said:

Hm. All I can find when searching is an English dub (and I'm not sure it's legal either 😛)

The original creators did put the movie up on YouTube a while back themselves. Not sure if that specific upload is still there, or in your region. I own the bluray so I watch that. 

Also for future reference, this site is usually pretty accurate: https://www.justwatch.com/ca/movie/redline-2010

Events Helper · Posted
Just now, Gloves said:

I can dock points you know. 

Look overlord @Gloves.  I am going into it with an open mind, dock points all you want, i stand by my conviction of anime sucks and racing games are for the most part horrible.........But I am trying.  I would never, ever watch this movie, or any like it, if it had not been for this bingo game, so u have made me "uncomfortable" so far. 😏

• Sad 1

Ye olde Bingo is a seductive mistress.  Contrary to what I originally voted, I did end up watching it.  It was aight.  Not really my thing. 4/10.  

Seems like plot wise not a lot really happened.  I’m assuming the allure is more the animation and the scenes?  It is certainly well done but I don’t particularly like it.  The squishy face and slobber looking style weirds me out. It’s like the animators of Ren and Stimpy did a reboot of Wacky Races in the style of Cowboy Bebop.

• Haha 1

Events Team · Posted

Fucking loved it. Just ordered the bluray.  So frenetic and over the top with gratuitous violence and plenty of weirdness.  This is the exact type anime that I like.  Reminiscent of old school 80s 90s anime.  Reminds me a lot of the Running Man short from Neo Tokyo (1987) which was also featured on Liquid Television in the 90s.

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1

Administrator · Posted
19 minutes ago, JamesRobot said:

Fucking loved it. Just ordered the bluray.  So frenetic and over the top with gratuitous violence and plenty of weirdness.  This is the exact type anime that I like.  Reminiscent of old school 80s 90s anime.  Reminds me a lot of the Running Man short from Neo Tokyo (1987) which was also featured on Liquid Television in the 90s.

tenor.gif

• Haha 2

Homebrew Team · Posted

Redline popped on Amazon or Netflix on day and I happened to be reading a must watch anime list, so I gave it a shot.  I did enjoy it.  I could see why people think the film gets outlandish, I was good with the plot.  One of my favorite anime series is Outlaw Star and it has a multiple episode segment about a space race with their grappler arm space ships.  And Outlaw Star can go off the rails as well same with Tri-Gun, but I loved them both.  So I have a primer in this type of experience.  7/10

Events Helper · Posted

Racing Fan Desu:

Finished this movie, I think all the characters finished in the end too........... 😏

Um, what is with the redskull nazi-esque army hating on racing.........Also, did he win by just the tip.......of his hair?

Now I really, really like the number 78 for some reason.............

2/10

• Sad 1