IGNORED

Movie Debate #31: Redline

Reed Rothchild

Rate it  

30 members have voted

1. 1. See below for explanation of ratings

• 10/10 - One of your very favorite movies of all time. Top 10.
    • 9/10 - Killer fucking movie. Everyone should watch it.
    • 8/10 - Great movie. Maybe one of the best released that year.
    • 7/10 - Very good movie, but not quite great.
    • 6/10 - Pretty good. You might enjoy the occasional watch, or tune in if you happen to catch it on cable.
    • 5/10 - It's okay, but maybe not something you'll go out of your way to watch.
    • 4/10 - Meh. There's plenty of better alternatives to this.
    • 3/10 - Not very good.
    • 2/10 - Not your cup of tea at all. Some people might like this, but you are not one of them.
    • 1/10 - Horrible in every way.
    • 0/10 - The Citizen Kane of painful experiences. You'd rather shove an icepick in your retinas than watch this.
    • Never seen it, but I'm interested.
    • Never seen it, never will.

Events Helper · Posted
10 minutes ago, Gloves said:

This movie can for sure be pretty polarizing. On the one hand you have people like me who love it to death, and on the other you have people who don't want to get any Charms for Bingo.

7 minutes ago, Gloves said:

Oddly enough that IS one of the secret charms!

Whelp, Im boned, Im gonna go off myself now...........

jkjk, not even a secret charm is worth that 😛 

• Haha 1

Events Team · Posted

In all seriousness, I'd give Redline about a 7.5/10, having just seen it. Definitely a great movie.

The story line was interesting, if a bit generic at times, but the real stars were definitely the visuals and the music. The visuals of the movie are absolutely incredible, the animation really is amazing, and the music is also really great too. I love the character designs as well, the universe the movie is set in is extremely interesting.

I do agree with some people that the plot got a bit crazy for my tastes during the final 20 to 30 minutes, but it was still a good movie for sure. I could see myself re-watching it a few years down the line.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7/10

It was good. Pretty crazy movie, great style obviously. Are you telling me in a race with only 8 racers and an entire army trying to blow the racers up as well as the racers blowing each other up, that JP would get 25,000:1 odds? With all the chance and happenstance in this race? How could any racer get odds like that? Also what the fuck Frisbee, you've been working with JP for years, you know he's Takumi Fujiwara and will win at any odds, why aren't you betting on 25,000:1 odds instead of risking your and your friend's (?) life with your shitty race fixing schemes. How could anyone think they could fix a race with so little in control of any of the drivers?? I'M SO CONFUSED. Love. The End.

I'm always surprised when I find someone else who knows this movie exists. It's a shame as it's not only one of the most entertaining racing movies there is, but with the number of years they devoted to animating it combined with its lack of financial success we'll probably never see anything remotely like it again.