IGNORED

VGS Bingo! [Ended]

Gloves

Administrator · Posted
54 minutes ago, ZeldaFreak said:

I wish Steam counted, that would make that challenge a bit easier for me 😛

I didn't include steam cuz there are way too many free achievement games. It'd be even worse than My Name Is Mayo on PS4. 

That said, maybe in a future bingo, if this one is well received, a tile could be more specific, like 100% a AAA title or something. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Gloves said:

I didn't include steam cuz there are way too many free achievement games. It'd be even worse than My Name Is Mayo on PS4. 

That said, maybe in a future bingo, if this one is well received, a tile could be more specific, like 100% a AAA title or something. 

There is things even faster than My Name is Mayo now. Ratalaika published a whole fuck ton of games that can take only 15-20 minutes to complete and you don't even need to beat the games for the platinum half the time. I still haven't done My Name is Mayo and only played one of the Ratalaika ones (36 Fragments of Midnight, which does require you do to everything.. I actually really liked that one) but I know a lot of my fellow trophy hunters have been spamming their games hard. XD

Events Team · Posted
On 8/16/2020 at 11:00 AM, Gloves said:
  • You scratch my back
    • Participate in a transaction on VGS
    •  
    • Required proof:
      • @ the person you made the deal with
      • They must "Like" your post
      • I'll be keeping an eye out for some FEEDBACK for both parties!
    • Please don't just ask someone to like your post for a free spot
      • I mean you COULD, but is that really any fun?
    • Not retroactive

Hello! So, I had a couple more questions about some of these challenges. First of all, me and Jeevan have already worked out a deal on something, and we're going to leave feedback for each other on VGS, however one part of this challenge that confused both of us is "They must "Like" your post." What exactly does this mean? Do we just have to post that we've made a deal and then one of us has to like that post, is there a way to like feedback that we're not aware of? We're kind of confused about that part.

Second of all, I had a more specific question about what technically qualifies as a misprint for the Hy, Brid challenge. So, I have the boxes to a few amiibo that were released right as the Switch came out, the Breath of the Wild amiibo. On the back of the boxes for these amiibo, it displays what consoles they're compatible with. Normally they'd say 3DS, Wii-U & Nintendo Switch. However, on the back of these boxes, it says that they're only compatible with the 3DS and Wii-U, the Nintendo Switch compatibility is missing, despite the fact that the Switch had just come out by the time these amiibo were released. Would this technically count as a misprint, or no? I'm only asking since, while I'm sure I could find a misprint and buy it, shipping times are much longer than normal (probably due to COVID) so even if I ordered it before the deadline, it wouldn't make it here on time. The only real way I can see to get around this would be to make an exception on the deadline for people who are waiting for items to arrive, but then that kind of defeats the whole purpose of having a deadline at all.

Events Helper · Posted

Whelp, now that my left for dead hopes are shot to hell @ZeldaFreak Whats the rule on borderlands games........I have physical copies of all, except 3, i wasn't going to buy it, but now would be as good excuse as any to buy it on steam, even tho. i still hate them for the 6 month bs exclusive...........

So, that being said, if I were to buy it on steam would you count that @Gloves ?  That is what I would have bought it for anyway, also, i have the rest on steam as well, kuz i was a borderlands freak for awhile..........would you want a physical plus steam pic?

Edited by Jeevan

Administrator · Posted
3 hours ago, ZeldaFreak said:

Hello! So, I had a couple more questions about some of these challenges. First of all, me and Jeevan have already worked out a deal on something, and we're going to leave feedback for each other on VGS, however one part of this challenge that confused both of us is "They must "Like" your post." What exactly does this mean? Do we just have to post that we've made a deal and then one of us has to like that post, is there a way to like feedback that we're not aware of? We're kind of confused about that part.

Second of all, I had a more specific question about what technically qualifies as a misprint for the Hy, Brid challenge. So, I have the boxes to a few amiibo that were released right as the Switch came out, the Breath of the Wild amiibo. On the back of the boxes for these amiibo, it displays what consoles they're compatible with. Normally they'd say 3DS, Wii-U & Nintendo Switch. However, on the back of these boxes, it says that they're only compatible with the 3DS and Wii-U, the Nintendo Switch compatibility is missing, despite the fact that the Switch had just come out by the time these amiibo were released. Would this technically count as a misprint, or no? I'm only asking since, while I'm sure I could find a misprint and buy it, shipping times are much longer than normal (probably due to COVID) so even if I ordered it before the deadline, it wouldn't make it here on time. The only real way I can see to get around this would be to make an exception on the deadline for people who are waiting for items to arrive, but then that kind of defeats the whole purpose of having a deadline at all.

The transaction one is pretty straightforward as written I thought:

1. Make a post in the submission thread, and @ the other person.
  2. They "Like" that post

That's all there is to it.

As for misprints, I'll note that the same questions could be asked of basically any tile to do with collecting games. Seriesous for instance, if you don't already have a completed set you'll probably have a bit of trouble completing that tile within the week, especially with COVID happening. It's one of the tough things about balancing this sort of event; I want it to be not TOO easy, and collecting is a tough pillar to give tasks for without being unreasonable (e.g. "Own Stadium Events"). A misprint is something that CAN be had incredibly cheap (e.g. Gundum Battle Assault on PS1).

I'll be nice and say that your amiibos count, in this instance.

• Like 1

Administrator · Posted
5 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

Whelp, now that my left for dead hopes are shot to hell @ZeldaFreak Whats the rule on borderlands games........I have physical copies of all, except 3, i wasn't going to buy it, but now would be as good excuse as any to buy it on steam, even tho. i still hate them for the 6 month bs exclusive...........

So, that being said, if I were to buy it on steam would you count that @Gloves ?  That is what I would have bought it for anyway, also, i have the rest on steam as well, kuz i was a borderlands freak for awhile..........would you want a physical plus steam pic?

I'm afraid I am going to stick with the "must be a physical collection" rule.

• Sad 1

Events Team · Posted
45 minutes ago, Gloves said:

The transaction one is pretty straightforward as written I thought:

1. Make a post in the submission thread, and @ the other person.
  2. They "Like" that post

That's all there is to it.

I'll be nice and say that your amiibos count, in this instance.

OK, that makes sense with the transaction one. Sorry about the confusion.

And thank you so, so much for the amiibo thing counting in this case, that really takes a lot of stress off my shoulders. I, uh, take things like this more seriously than I probably should 😅 And I totally understand about balancing this kind of thing being hard, it's definitely a very hard call to make on what the right amount of time for something like this is.

• Like 1

Administrator · Posted
51 minutes ago, ZeldaFreak said:

OK, that makes sense with the transaction one. Sorry about the confusion.

And thank you so, so much for the amiibo thing counting in this case, that really takes a lot of stress off my shoulders. I, uh, take things like this more seriously than I probably should 😅 And I totally understand about balancing this kind of thing being hard, it's definitely a very hard call to make on what the right amount of time for something like this is.

No problem, just remember my generosity when Extra Life comes around. 😜

• Like 1

Events Helper · Posted

Just so everyone knows, a little fyi..........

If u made a game with gamemaker and don't own it, @Gloves said if u post a video of yourself playing it you can get the tile on bingo!

You have to be able to move left and right and involve platforms obviously, but that is all that is needed, no need to spend the money to finish it for this contest!!!!

• Like 1