IGNORED

VGS Bingo! [Ended]

Gloves

Oh crap, the make a deal thing is time sensitive. I have to make a transaction, have it ship, and leave mutual feedback by Sunday. Who wants to sell me something and ship it fast? Maybe I can contract someone to make a homebrew platformer for me...

Edited by DefaultGen

Events Team · Posted

The only thing I can think of with the secret charms is that they might be something to do with the challenges that require you to make something original. Perhaps whoever makes the best platformer/username ROM/song or what have you will get the corresponding secret charm?

• Like 1

Administrator · Posted
8 hours ago, DefaultGen said:

Oh crap, the make a deal thing is time sensitive. I have to make a transaction, have it ship, and leave mutual feedback by Sunday. Who wants to sell me something and ship it fast? Maybe I can contract someone to make a homebrew platformer for me...

To be clear, you just have to make the deal. You don't have to ship/receive within the week. It's on the honor system that people aren't just being sly behind the scenes to mark off tiles.

• Thanks 1

Everyone, if you want an easy-win on the "Hy, brid" square, if you have DuckTales for the Game Boy, take a photo.  They misprinted almost all of the first-run carts.  It has a "DMT" serial, rather than "DMG".  They fixed this for the THQ copy, which is semi-rare.  Of course, if you have a THQ copy... well, that sucks for this competition.

Anyway, if you have remote affection for the GB, there's a chance you have that one.  Can anyone else think of common misprints?

EDIT

Also, @Gloves, I know you mentioned posting this stuff in other threads and linking them.  But, how should we do that.  Certainly you don't want us posting new topics for each of our individual squares requiring photos.  That's going to make the VGS feed look crazy.

Edited by RH

Administrator · Posted
2 minutes ago, RH said:

Everyone, if you want an easy-win on the "Hy, brid" square, if you have DuckTales for the Game Boy, take a photo.  They misprinted almost all of the first-run carts.  It has a "DMT" serial, rather than "DMG".  They fixed this for the THQ copy, which is semi-rare.  Of course, if you have a THQ copy... well, that sucks for this competition.

Anyway, if you have remote affection for the GB, there's a chance you have that one.  Can anyone else think of common misprints?

EDIT

Also, @Gloves, I know you mentioned posting this stuff in other threads and linking them.  But, how should we do that.  Certainly you don't want us posting new topics for each of our individual squares requiring photos.  That's going to make the VGS feed look crazy.

FF7 is commonly misprinted, that's a game more are like to have than the GB Ducktales I think.

As for other threads, tbh I'd rather that than the activity feed being filled with politics garbage. 😛

That said, try to use existing threads where possible. Some of the tiles are intended to get people searching the forum a little bit. There may well be a thread that's appropriate already! Beyond that, maybe one of you posts a "Your most prized possession" thread and everyone else posts in the same thread. Maybe, just maybe, other people post in it too; suddenly we have an active forum, eh?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gloves said:

FF7 is commonly misprinted, that's a game more are like to have than the GB Ducktales I think.

As for other threads, tbh I'd rather that than the activity feed being filled with politics garbage. 😛

That said, try to use existing threads where possible. Some of the tiles are intended to get people searching the forum a little bit. There may well be a thread that's appropriate already! Beyond that, maybe one of you posts a "Your most prized possession" thread and everyone else posts in the same thread. Maybe, just maybe, other people post in it too; suddenly we have an active forum, eh?

Well, I just created my own "Most Prized Possession" post, but I'll rework it to be sharable.  FYI, here it is: 

EDIT

And done.  Others, feel free to post your stuff over there.

Edited by RH
  • Like 1

• The topic was pinned

I really want to do all of them, so I'm bummed about the T-shirt and "make a deal" ones, since most people here don't sell outside of North America (and those that do still need to charge a hefty sum for shipping), and that's not including the huge import fee which also applies to the VGS t-shirt which I'd otherwise love to own. I'd get one for $20 no hesitation, but $60? That's a little steep.

How about we change out some of the fields for stuff like "visit copenhagen", "beat a PAL game", or "read aloud a Finish instruction manual that you own" to even the playing field? 🤔

Edited by Sumez

Administrator · Posted
7 minutes ago, Sumez said:

I really want to do all of them, so I'm bummed about the T-shirt and "make a deal" ones, since most people here don't sell outside of North America (and those that do still need to charge a hefty sum for shipping), and that's not including the huge import fee which also applies to the VGS t-shirt which I'd otherwise love to own. I'd get one for $20 no hesitation, but $60? That's a little steep.

How about we change out some of the fields for stuff like "visit copenhagen", "beat a PAL game", or "read aloud a Finish instruction manual that you own" to even the playing field? 🤔

pimmed.

Administrator · Posted
5 minutes ago, CasualCart said:

Hey everybody - I'm trying to fill in my 'You Scratch My Back' transaction square. Would anyone be willing to send me, like, a NES manual or a GB game or something in exchange for a custom drawing haha?

@Gloves - would a trade like that qualify as a transaction?

-CasualCart

If it feels like a transaction it's probably a transaction, no need to overthink it. 🙂

(yes)

Graphics Team · Posted
1 minute ago, Gloves said:

If it feels like a transaction it's probably a transaction, no need to overthink it. 🙂

(yes)

Cool, thanks - one more question: for the 'Make Your Mark' NES ROM, can it be a graphical hack of an existing ROM? For example, I edited the sprites in the title screen of Star Force to make this...

CasualCartForce_Image.jpg.8f2054ff16d52256be1c25df57348e5d.jpg

-CasualCart

8 minutes ago, CasualCart said:

Hey everybody - I'm trying to fill in my 'You Scratch My Back' transaction square. Would anyone be willing to send me, like, a NES manual or a GB game or something in exchange for a custom drawing haha?

@Gloves - would a trade like that qualify as a transaction?

-CasualCart

Make a custom Murray and you got er bud. 

Administrator · Posted
2 minutes ago, CasualCart said:

Cool, thanks - one more question: for the 'Make Your Mark' NES ROM, can it be a graphical hack of an existing ROM? For example, I edited the sprites in the title screen of Star Force to make this...

CasualCartForce_Image.jpg.8f2054ff16d52256be1c25df57348e5d.jpg

-CasualCart

Mmmmm the intent was that you'd make your own ROM from scratch. I hesitate to allow hacks.