IGNORED

American Politics / Current Events Thread

CodysGameRoom

42 minutes ago, avatar! said:

Just to be perfectly clear, I certainly do NOT agree with the attorney and how he was demeaning people with mental disabilities. Furthermore, I think his defense is flimsy, at best. What he said was so asinine that I had to share it 🙂

I get it, this shaman idiot is a grandstander too. Deliberately hiring a prick lawyer and making it obvious he is blaming Trump for media coverage. 

And I am so sick of that stupid picture of him. They should be showing his mug shot, not facist cosplay

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ny-attorney-general-says-trump-031600818.html

NEW YORK (AP) — The New York attorney general's office said Tuesday that it is conducting a criminal investigation into former President Donald Trump's business empire, expanding what had previously been a civil probe.

“We have informed the Trump Organization that our investigation into the company is no longer purely civil in nature," Fabien Levy, a spokesperson for Attorney General Letitia James, said in a statement.

“We are now actively investigating the Trump Organization in a criminal capacity, along with the Manhattan DA,” Levy said.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, MrWunderful said:

I still don’t get why Trumpers find the guy so intoxicating, he is such a whiny, gutless, piece of shit.  Never worked an honest day in his life lol

There are so many people that fit this category, I don't even know whom you're referring to...

14 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

Trump specifically. But you could really put any sycophant in there like Ted Cruz, josh hawley, Rand Paul, Lindsey Graham

I know! but don't forget newcomers such as Marjorie Taylor Greene -the list continues to grow longer and longer...

Edited by avatar!

Holy shite...

A 12-year-old boy and 14-year-old girl broke into a home, found weapons and opened fire on deputies, sheriff says

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/02/us/florida-deputies-shooting-teen/index.html

Deputies in Volusia County, Florida, shot a 14-year-old girl on Tuesday night after she and a 12-year-old boy fled a group home, broke into a house, found multiple guns inside and then opened fire on deputies..."I don't know what to say. Where have we gone wrong that a 12-year-old and 14-year-old think it's okay to take on law enforcement?" Chitwood said.

Very likely these kids are from a broken home, even still. So, is this the new norm now?

2 hours ago, avatar! said:

I know! but don't forget newcomers such as Marjorie Taylor Greene -the list continues to grow longer and longer...

Funny how people like her whine about the “swamp” when she is in fact the definition of the swamp. Policy Wise, she does actually nothing while taking low IQ cancel culture boner folks for that sweet, sweet stimulus money. 

Take money from government

+

take money from constituents

+

Accomplish literally nothing but tweets where you show just how terrible of a person you are

=

Re-Election

Objectively, its a winning strategy lol

• Like 1

I know this is a bit late, but I want it to be known that if both @avatar! and @MrWunderful end up farting on anything Albert Watkins ate, or in an elevator he was in, my so-called "brain damage" has me feel they were exonerated in the end. Not the fact I am on the spectrum (i.e. Asperger Syndrome), but because he says that "I do not now better." 😉

Edited by FenrirZero

First sentence handed down for the insurrection.

https://news.yahoo.com/oath-keeper-pleads-guilty-jan-184513558.html

An Indiana woman on Wednesday became the first defendant to be sentenced in the Jan. 6 insurrection at the U.S. Capitol and avoided time behind bars, while a member of the Oath Keepers extremist group pleaded guilty in a conspiracy case and agreed to cooperate with prosecutors in a major step forward for the massive investigation.

The two developments signal that the cases against those charged in the deadly siege are slowly advancing, even as the U.S. Department of Justice and the courthouse in Washington, D.C., struggle under the weight of roughly 500 federal arrests across the U.S. And it comes as Republicans in Washington attempt to downplay the violence committed by members of the mob supporting former President Donald Trump.

• Like 1

Two relief packages in a row that are relying on massive funding through the IRS

https://reason.com/2021/06/24/new-1-2-trillion-bipartisan-infrastructure-plan-to-be-partially-funded-by-stepped-up-irs-enforcement/

Warner, the Times reports, also said that the package would include $40 billion in funding for the IRS, which would then be used to go after unpaid taxes. This, he claims, will bring in $100 billion in new revenue. (The Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget estimates that $40 billion in new IRS funding would bring in only $60 billion in new revenue.)

Cant we all agree on fuck the IRS?