IGNORED

Movie Debate #27: Big Trouble in Little China

Reed Rothchild

Rate it  

22 members have voted

1. 1. See below for explanation of ratings

• 10/10 - One of your very favorite movies of all time. Top 10.
    • 9/10 - Killer fucking movie. Everyone should watch it.
    • 8/10 - Great movie. Maybe one of the best released that year.
    • 7/10 - Very good movie, but not quite great.
    • 6/10 - Pretty good. You might enjoy the occasional watch, or tune in if you happen to catch it on cable.
    • 5/10 - It's okay, but maybe not something you'll go out of your way to watch.
    • 4/10 - Meh. There's plenty of better alternatives to this.
    • 3/10 - Not very good.
    • 2/10 - Not your cup of tea at all. Some people might like this, but you are not one of them.
    • 1/10 - Horrible in every way.
    • 0/10 - The Citizen Kane of painful experiences. You'd rather shove an icepick in your retinas than watch this.
    • Never seen it, but I'm interested.
    • Never seen it, never will.

Watched it for the first time not too long ago. Went out of my way to go and track down a DVD to see it, since I felt it was a classic I've been missing, along with a few other John Carpenter movies (Escape from New York, They Live, and The Thing).

It was enjoyable. I like the light hearted mood. But aside from that, I didn't think it was anything that special. I think I might have set my expectations a little too high for what it is, which isn't the fault of the movie. Uh, 6/10 or 7/10 or something around that.

Moderator · Posted
6 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

I gave it a 9.  I love, love LOVE Carpenter and Russell, and would easily put this in my top 25.  But it's not quite top 10.

I did the same for the same reason. It's a great cult classic, but not in the top 10.