IGNORED

Kanye West is running for president 2020

Makar

14 hours ago, RH said:

Follow the money.  Keep in mind this man owns a clothing line.  There will soon be plenty enough "official" Kanye 2020 wear, and you better believe it will sell like hot cakes.

I know the man is either unstable or enjoys playing that card, but he is smart in other ways.  He's just profiteering off of the times and the fact that this is an election year.

He literally released the first single from his new album and signed a 10 year deal with Gap with his $1.3B company. 

His gospel album has spent 34 weeks at #1 on the gospel charts and everything he's saying is speaking to his new found base. The guy is a marketing genius. 

2 hours ago, Estil said:

I thought you meant their offical residence; but yeah surely other world leaders should get their own plane that's just as if not more iconic than Air Force One should they not?  What about QE2?  Or the pope...I mean he has a "pope mobile" after all...

University heads are world leaders? 

What is Door with a 10 on it?

Edited by Link

It's funny how everyone talks about the UK Prime Minister's residence like it's a small apartment. It's actually a sizeable building.

800px-10_Downing_Street_2010.jpg

Although I've read that Boris is currently living next door as it's a little bigger.

Edited by Tulpa
  • Like 1

Hey why not. When the political climate already is as such that the president invites celebrities to personal audits, as if they were not merely good at singing or throwing a ball around and their thoughts on social issue really fucking mattered. Society at large already is superficial anyway with people cultivating their persona through social media and nobodies reaching B-tier fame through followers and likes so maybe Kanye West isn't as outlandish as it would seem?

9 hours ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

He literally released the first single from his new album and signed a 10 year deal with Gap with his $1.3B company. 

His gospel album has spent 34 weeks at #1 on the gospel charts and everything he's saying is speaking to his new found base. The guy is a marketing genius. 

Yeah he really needed that $2 million from the PPP to get through these hard times....all these things that people think divide us; race, political views, religion are just fueled by the wealthy to keep us distracted while they rob us blind. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, a3quit4s said:

Yeah he really needed that $2 million from the PPP to get through these hard times....all these things that people think divide us; race, political views, religion are just fueled by the wealthy to keep us distracted while they rob us blind. 

Was it the PPP Loan, or the EIDL loan?

If it was PPP then he really didn't deserve it, but if it was the EIDL then he also *really* didn't deserve it, but it has to be paid back with interest (over 30 years)

1 minute ago, ThePhleo said:

Was it the PPP Loan, or the EIDL loan?

If it was PPP then he really didn't deserve it, but if it was the EIDL then he also *really* didn't deserve it, but it has to be paid back with interest (over 30 years)

PPP under the Yeezy brand according to Forbes:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/elanagross/2020/07/06/billionaire-kanye-wests-yeezy-received-a-multimillion-dollar-ppp-loan/amp/

45 minutes ago, Gloves said:

Americans really should be revolting right about now.

Remember - you got what, $1200, twice?

The rich get richer.

$1,200 was only once actually, but people ignore the fact that we also have programs for unemployment which were extended to allow people who are self-employed, or simply furloughed.

Normal unemployment I think is like $250 - $1200 / week depending on a million factors (state by state) and then the federal government is attaching an extra $300 or $600 depending on a couple other factors.

If you didn't apply for unemployment then you simply didn't get it. But it's a lot of money being given away and its not like people had anything to do during the shut down...I really don't understand the anger there.

Edit: Just googled it, the "average" normal unemployment benefit is something like $375 / week. So, if we go by that the average person who got the new unemployment is about $975 / week or about $16,500 over 4 months.

Edited by ThePhleo

6 hours ago, a3quit4s said:

I have no problem w big companies getting stipends to pay furloughed workers so long as that is what the money is used for.

Edited by RegularGuyGamer

1 hour ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

I have no problem w big companies getting stipends to pay furloughed workers so long as that is what the money is used for.

https://www.thefashionlaw.com/kanye-wests-yeezy-venture-is-worth-1-billion-and-growing/

“According to Forbes the Yeezy brand was expected to top $1.5 billion in 2019”. 

The $2 million PPP is scheduled to save 106 jobs (I would want proof) but why does a company that makes that kind of money need this loan? Greed at the top is killing this country. $2 million could go a long way in small business that really needed it. 

edit: for those like me who don’t math that is .14% of Yeezy brands 2019 income. 

edit 2: the Yeezy brand PPP disbursement was in the $2-$5 million bracket so $2 million could be a low number. 

Edited by a3quit4s
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, a3quit4s said:

https://www.thefashionlaw.com/kanye-wests-yeezy-venture-is-worth-1-billion-and-growing/

“According to Forbes the Yeezy brand was expected to top $1.5 billion in 2019”. 

The $2 million PPP is scheduled to save 106 jobs (I would want proof) but why does a company that makes that kind of money need this loan? Greed at the top is killing this country. $2 million could go a long way in small business that really needed it. 

edit: for those like me who don’t math that is .14% of Yeezy brands 2019 income. 

edit 2: the Yeezy brand PPP disbursement was in the $2-$5 million bracket so $2 million could be a low number. 

The value of based largely on prospective sales and illiquid assets. Also, Forbes disputed the figure and found it to be below $1B. Kanye doesn't have cash on deck to pay laid off workers. You think he's just gna run to the bank to make payroll? I don't see anything wrong w large businesses getting govt $$$ to give workers so long as the workers get the money.

Idk why anyone would be upset about workers getting govt money even if it's via a pass through from the company. Let the workers eat man. 

I feel like this is the front page of reddit right now. Large companies can get money and do the right thing with it. It's possible. 

38 minutes ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

The value of based largely on prospective sales and illiquid assets. Also, Forbes disputed the figure and found it to be below $1B. Kanye doesn't have cash on deck to pay laid off workers. You think he's just gna run to the bank to make payroll? I don't see anything wrong w large businesses getting govt $$$ to give workers so long as the workers get the money.

Idk why anyone would be upset about workers getting govt money even if it's via a pass through from the company. Let the workers eat man. 

I feel like this is the front page of reddit right now. Large companies can get money and do the right thing with it. It's possible. 

I do not disagree with using the money to keep workers employed which is what the program is for. I just think at larger companies there is a bit of an ethics problem and that money won’t be routed to a single person that needs it. I pay taxes to help the poor and in need not to help the rich get richer. As taxpayers we all agree that this program and bailout is necessary, however, the general lack of regulation after the disbursement of funds is ground for concern. Do I also need to mention his billionaire wife and his new endorsement deal with Gap that also is under the Yeezy umbrella?

I believe both our hearts are in the right place, you are just more trusting than myself. 

Edited by a3quit4s
Words
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MrWunderful said:

From what I understand about the PPP plan, is that you have to “prove” its going to payroll. My company received it, and we had all kinds of hoops to jump through to make sure we are following the rules.  

I’m sorry about the hoops but it is reassuring that there are some guard rails in place.

2 hours ago, a3quit4s said:

I’m sorry about the hoops but it is reassuring that there are some guard rails in place.

Thats just what I heard from the HR lady, No hoops actually for me!  But yeah I am pretty happy the owner/ceo applied and got the loan. He had to hustle, and basically be on the hook for the 450k/week our companies payroll is.  Super grateful for him. 

I didnt get my full wage, but I still got about double unemployment with the extra CA was giving out. 

4 hours ago, MrWunderful said:

From what I understand about the PPP plan, is that you have to “prove” its going to payroll. My company received it, and we had all kinds of hoops to jump through to make sure we are following the rules.  

I got the PPP for my company and I can speak how it works with some degree of understanding.

The PPP Loan is a very low interest rate loan (1% APR) from any lender participating in the program. The amount of the loan depends on your companies payroll, multiplied by 2.5 months, excluding any payroll in excess of $100,000 per employee. So let's say the CEO gets $150,000 and his three employees receive $60,000 a piece. You have to subtract $50,000 from the CEO's payroll first, and then you can add up all the payroll, divide by 12, and multiply by 2.5...so $280,000 is the base number, divided by 12 is $23,333.33, then multiplied by 2.5 is $58,333.33

The money can *technically* be used for anything you want, but if you want it to be paid off by the SBA then you have to use at least 60% for Payroll, and the remainder can be used for rent, utilities, and business mortgage (interest only). Any other spending you will have to payback yourself. You also can not reduce employee head count throughout the duration of the loan. You can however fire employees and rehire new ones.

Currently I am in the waiting stage since I still don't have all the 940/941 documents lined up. Intuit Payroll says August 15 is when they'll release my 941 for my business. However, the form the SBA supplies me with asks me to fill out just two easy pages of information and attach the payroll proof.

If I ran the numbers, I would have probably been better off applying for unemployment. The headache of going back and forth, and waiting over a month just to hear a yes or no was agonizing. Also, because of the EIDL grant, I have to repay some of this money back, a small amount, but still something.

Speaking of which, I also applied for the EIDL program which is a non forgivable loan, but the interest rate is insanely low as well. Something like 3.75% over 30 years, and the payments don't start until 18 months after I receive funding...I'd be an idiot not to accept working capital like that. That loan took three months to get, and only after harassing the SBA over the phone and email support every single day at least twice a day until I got to speak with a loan officer to push it through.

There are some serious restrictions though. I have to get hazard insurance on all of my machinery, I have to personally guarantee to repay the money (meaning I can't file for bankruptcy when funds run out in 6 months if there is $0 income during that time and expect the loan to disappear), and I also have to give the SBA the rights to repossess all of my machinery and inventory in the event I default including previously owned property. Lastly, I can't use it to restructure other loans...so I can't pay off my company truck with it, but I can go ahead and buy another one, odd stipulation.

I still haven't touched $1 of it yet, but I plan on buying some machinery to make my business a lot more safe, efficient, and profitable. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for a business like mine.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1