IGNORED

What is "The Carolina Collection" ?

Mijael

It was a marketing title the head of GoCollect termed the collection he bought from Dain Anderson when Dain sold it and NintendoAge to GoCollect.

That's about it. It was a pretty good collection, but GoCollect's head said that he was going to preserve it, and then pieces of it started appearing on Heritage Auctions, IIRC.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Wow! 1

Assigning pedigrees is Common in comic collecting (From what I hear) but never really happened in Game collecting until “The Carolina collection”. 

There are those out there who think it was just a gimmick to drive up the price. 

That being said It is a really impressive collection, and huge one-offs like that dont pop up often. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tulpa said:

It was a marketing title the head of GoCollect termed the collection he bought from Dain Anderson when Dain sold it and NintendoAge to GoCollect.

That's about it. It was a pretty good collection, but GoCollect's head said that he was going to preserve it, and then pieces of it started appearing on Heritage Auctions, IIRC.

C'mon. You're telling me the GoCollect guy is a liar? I don't believe that. Why would he do such a thing?...

• Haha 1

Graphics Team · Posted
59 minutes ago, DefaultGen said:

Are you selling framed prints of this or what

52 minutes ago, JamesRobot said:

Only on Heritage Auctions after they get TWATA graded.

Haha I felt like I may have crossed a line with this one. Just gonna leave it here to ... uh ... exist.

-CasualCart

Homebrew Team · Posted
14 minutes ago, CasualCart said:

Haha I felt like I may have crossed a line with this one. Just gonna leave it here to ... uh ... exist.

Nah, its the truth.  Visual aids help convey the message without a lot of hot air.  Why memes are used so much. 

• Like 1

On 6/5/2020 at 10:51 PM, GreenKoopa said:

When this was discussed on NA a long time back, someone had posted the link to a famous comic book collection and the story behind. I can't recall its name. Can someone please post it in this thread. Thanks. 

The Edgar Church Collection. Part 1 of 17:
https://www.milehighcomics.com/tales/cbg12.html