IGNORED

I had My M82 Demo unit fixed by Ben Heck (still not working)

17 hours ago, Nes Freak said:

so  i fixed my and sold it off with a few mods  like led mods and a full 12 slot irc mod.  if i had a hdmi kit i would have installed that too.

I'm really glad you didn't because no video game unit from the twentieth century will ever, ever, ever be hooked up to anything but a CRT in my house... 🙂

18 hours ago, Nes Freak said:

yes i fix it.  ben heck nor votar could figure it out.  turns out 4 buffer chips required some additional capacitors.  and then it all functioned correctly.  i would have never figured this out if i hadn't bought another pal m82  that had the fix.  (some m82 didnt have these caps)  so  i fixed my and sold it off with a few mods  like led mods and a full 12 slot irc mod.  if i had a hdmi kit i would have installed that too.

the pal m82 i converted to ntsc  by simply swamping out the cpu, ppu  and the crystal oscillator and lock out chip

the power supply is universal via wire switch so i just swap out the cable and recapped the entire console and PS.

basically there no indicator is was ever a pal unit  so i could sell it as ntsc if i wanted.

Cool glad you got it! 😁. Ya it sucks you had to pay for no fix especially from voultar the guy who constantly says nobody knows electronics and acts like he’s the only one.  You could also add mmc5 functionality for games like castlevania 3 and expansion audio.

25 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

I'm really glad you didn't because no video game unit from the twentieth century will ever, ever, ever be hooked up to anything but a CRT in my house... 🙂

Rgb mod would be awesome though then you could either play it on an rgb modded crt or component on a crt that has it with hdrv cables

Edited by Tehninja221

20 hours ago, Nes Freak said:

yes i fix it.  ben heck nor votar could figure it out.  turns out 4 buffer chips required some additional capacitors.  and then it all functioned correctly.  i would have never figured this out if i hadn't bought another pal m82  that had the fix.  (some m82 didnt have these caps)  so  i fixed my and sold it off with a few mods  like led mods and a full 12 slot irc mod.  if i had a hdmi kit i would have installed that too.

the pal m82 i converted to ntsc  by simply swamping out the cpu, ppu  and the crystal oscillator and lock out chip

the power supply is universal via wire switch so i just swap out the cable and recapped the entire console and PS.

basically there no indicator is was ever a pal unit  so i could sell it as ntsc if i wanted.

I’m glad you got it to work!😁sucks that you had to pay voultar who runs his mouth saying nobody knows electronics but him though.  I would have added mmc5 functionality for castlevania 3 and expansion audio 

7 hours ago, Tehninja221 said:

Cool glad you got it! 😁. Ya it sucks you had to pay for no fix especially from voultar the guy who constantly says nobody knows electronics and acts like he’s the only one.  You could also add mmc5 functionality for games like castlevania 3 and expansion audio.

i have my regular hdmi modded nes and flash cart for that 😛  yeah voulturd pissed me off that day.  he got all offended at me wanting my money back.  i know he has a major ego issue i wouldn't use him ever again tbh.  i should have filed a claim with paypal  but oh well  that was 5 years ago.  ben heck was at least nice about it but again no fix.  so that was around 1000 dollars wasted.

11 hours ago, the_wizard_666 said:

I will tell you with near certainty that @Dr. Morbis does not have such a TV in his house, and likely never will.

I have like 12 arcade monitors in my house, so technically, I already do 😛  But I play 8 bit and 16 bit games, so I really don't see the need to see razor sharp pixels; if I wanted my gaming to be all blocky and pixelated, I'd do all the HDMI mods and play with that awe-inspiring lag on  LED TV's 😛😛😛

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

6 hours ago, Dr. Morbis said:

I have like 12 arcade monitors in my house, so technically, I already do 😛  But I play 8 bit and 16 bit games, so I really don't see the need to see razor sharp pixels; if I wanted my gaming to be all blocky and pixelated, I'd do all the HDMI mods and play with that awe-inspiring lag on  LED TV's 😛😛😛

im the opposite.  i see perfect pixels hdmi mods as a childhood enhancement.  so i like the best picture possible lol.  the way i see it  crts is a dying technology.  i was going to get mine fixed but there no one that still works on them.  i mean it still works  when it wants too.  the part that starts the tv (kinda like that part that turns over a car) is not functioning properly any more  and i dont know how to tests caps to find the bad one to fix it (assuming its a cap at all)  and im not willing to replace every part in the tv just to fix it.

its too bad cause it was an HD crt

Edited by Nes Freak
  • Agree 1